IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - the word maolud nabiy  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the word maolud nabiy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridwanullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the word maolud nabiy
    Posted: 25 February 2010 at 11:23am
some moslims proclaimed that maolud nabiy is bidyatul hasan,is it true my brothers in islam?
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2010 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by ridwanullah ridwanullah wrote:

some moslims proclaimed that maolud nabiy is bidyatul hasan,is it true my brothers in islam?

We are Muslims not moslims and the maolid naby you mean is birth of the Prophet, correct? which is a fact so how is that bidyatul hasan meaning good innovation?

BTW if you are talking about celebration of Prophet's birthday then it is debatable amongst different schools of thought...I don't think the Ahle hadith folks do it!
Then people who do celebrate it use lunar calender which is unscientific for birthday time frame cuz in roughly 18 years the day for someone born in spring time will be celebrated in winter, sounds crazy doesn't it?...That we tell the Christians all the time about Xmas that he was born when dates got ripeWink So 25th December is a conjecture or rather misappropriation of Roman Winter Solstice!
Now I read Prophet(s) birth date mentioned in "The Sealed Nectar" the prophet's biography to be April 20th 571 CE/12th Rabiawwal with no Islamic calender yet which was springtime! The islamic calender got established by Caliph Umar(r) around 638 almost 7 years after the death of Prophet!
So now do we use Islamic calender that cycles through the seasons or the one gives the same time frame! The birth time frame doesn't repeat in Islamic system. The answer is obvious! It creates  an issue may be you shouldn't  celebrate the birth days using a impractical system or go to the system that gives the proper time frame... Take a pick...

Now don't confuse this with rituals of month of Fasting and Hajj please! They have to be by Lunar system and not Solar system! Anyone needs understanding of this miraculous secret can PM me to find the answer!

No one celebrates the birth days theirs or the kids using lunar calender that I know!
Do you know any?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 01 March 2010 at 9:39pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
ridwanullah View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridwanullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 11:57am
reply to the question asked by ummfatimah."Do you know why ALLAH used lunar month",
summarily,ALLAH{S.W.A}recognised lunar month only.Q9VS35
"ALLAH{s.w.a}ordained the months twelve in number when HE created the heaven and the earth"....
THE PURPOSE OF LUNAR MOHTH
ALLAH{s.w.a}the omnipotent knew what fit,match or suitable the world, HE ordained or prescribed the lunar month as our basis of doing things.
ALLAH attached some ibaadah to it,like fasting in the month of ramadan,hajj in zul qadah and zul hijjah,shaban for budget of mankind as stated by prophet muhammed {s.a.w}

Edited by icforumadmin - 02 March 2010 at 6:02pm
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 12:15pm
Doing what we've been commanded to is a struggle, so whats up with bida hasan or unhasan.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
UmmFatima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmFatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 1:46pm
I think celebrating the Prophet's birthday is a sign of respect to him, regardless of whether the Arabs celebrate birthdays or it was an early Islamic practice.
�Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us leaders of the God-fearing.� -Al-Furqan 74
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by ridwanullah ridwanullah wrote:

reply to the question asked by ummfatimah."Do you know why ALLAH used lunar month",
summarily,ALLAH{S.W.A}recognised lunar month only.Q9VS35
"ALLAH{s.w.a}ordained the months twelve in number when HE created the heaven and the earth"....
THE PURPOSE OF LUNAR MOHTH
ALLAH{s.w.a}the omnipotent knew what fit,match or suitable the world, HE ordained or prescribed the lunar month as our basis of doing things.
ALLAH attached some ibaadah to it,like fasting in the month of ramadan,hajj in zul qadah and zul hijjah,shaban for budget of mankind as stated by prophet muhammed {s.a.w}

Duh! What you stated is known information!

You still haven't come up with the critical wisdom of fasting in a lunar Ramadan and not solar Ramadan! 

Edited by Sign*Reader - 03 March 2010 at 6:17pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
UmmFatima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmFatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 5:57pm
I never asked why we use the lunar calendar, that was Sing*Reader.

Are you getting at the idea that with the lunar calendar all Muslims fast in all seasons through the years since it changes in relation to the solar calendar about 10 days every year? I think even if Islam was just in one place it would make sense so that it's not always easy or hard...

But that doesn't have anything to do with the Prophet's (s) birthday.
�Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us leaders of the God-fearing.� -Al-Furqan 74
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

Doing what we've been commanded to is a struggle, so whats up with bida hasan or unhasan.

I whole heatedly agree with you brother about the struggle part! Tha is hard work!
The Muslim have been too averse too long characteristically to do what their messenger commanded them but they are  into the birth day celebrations party particularly in the subcontinent!
On the bida part: The controversy is between the Salafees and non Salafees!
 A Salafee won't do it, Period! The Non salafee says it a good innovation(bida hasan)!
IMHO the celebration of the Prophet(s) must not only be on the 12th of Rabi` al-Awwal(BTW how many people know the lunar calender by heart and  run their lives by it?) but should be on each and every day by being a good living model of the prophet's teaching! Action speaks louder than words...
If you look at the state of affairs of Muslim societies in general and and their leadership in particular... most are occupied territories of the neo colonials with rampant chaos, lawlessness and misery all around.
What I have seen here on the west coast the good Nat khawans who come from Pakistan on yearly basis in the season are from the Shia background, any wonder the Salafees are so wary about it! Enough of my rant on this I guess!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 04 March 2010 at 6:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic