IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Problem  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Problem
    Posted: 12 February 2010 at 8:41am

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اللهم صلي على نبينا محمد و على أله و صحبه و سلم

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahamtu Allah

Dear Muslims here,,

I heard about some good Muslims who invite people to Islam but they leave them before teaching them well about Islam. This is really a BIG and SERIOUS problem.  Because if you do not teach this person enough about Islam, then you are just wasting your time. The shyatn is always there to mess up things with them and specially in a NON-Muslim society. This person who knew Islam without a good knowledge is like the building you build without a base.. how long the building stands  it will soon fall down. The prophet peace be upon him used to send the sahabh to teach people because this knowledge is the weapon that you must use to fight the shytan and everything that wants to stop you from believing the TRUTH. Just the second you revert keep in your mind that you will be tested a lot to be clear the true believer from the hypocrite.

And the dear brothers and sisters as new Muslims if they are invited by this way,, they need to work harder and study about Islam. They should not be Muslims without clear knowledge at least about:

1- The base of Islam.. To believe in Allah and his messenger, peace be upon him.
 2- Some meanings of ayas of Quraan which tells the base of Islam and the most important things to know.
 3- They should make so much duaa as all Muslims that Allah keeps us all on the right path.
 4- Remember!! as much as you study and learn about Islam as must as you become a strong Muslim and shytna can't try with you.

Allah Hafiz

Edited by Full of Hopes - 12 February 2010 at 8:45am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 10:27am
Asalaam Alaikum,

Ca nyou give an example of who invite people to Islam but they leave them before teaching them well about Islam. 

I guess it best to give a concrete example?

I think the issue is actually many Muslims don't actually know their religion.. less so they did not teach things. I think that you find sincere efforts on the part of people but their own lack of knowledge is what it is.  There may be a few people that lead you on, but not many. Most Muslims are sincere, but maybe uneducated or misguided themselves.  Like when I was learning about Islam and went to travel to Pakistan I saw many unislamic things. But I had educated myself and could differentiate.

I also think this is less of an issue then say, helping them to say the Shahada and be done with them.  They go on their way for whatever reason. I think the basic reality is that many reverts are often on their own.

Another issue is most of us women who revert first learn about Islam through Muslim men. Could be we work with them or have contact in some way. We become Muslim and we are told to see the women. And women, I have to say, are VERY, VERY hard to get into the communities with. Most of us are ignored, told we are not real Muslims or other things. At least with the internet we are making more connections. But I tell you.. most us are socially isolated.  It may be cultural. It may be that women are busy with their families.

Most Muslims raised in other societies or in Muslim families do not understand.  I think if Muslims withdrawl, this isolation is part of the issue. Yes we all should be "tough" but we are human creatures.

Peace
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
UmmFatima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmFatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 10:30am
I agree with you Hayfa, both that many Muslims don't know their deen to begin with and that women are really hard to get into community with... Muslim women generally stay in the home, especially if they're practicing, so how do new Muslim women meet them?

4 out of 5 Muslim converts in the US are women. A lot of them come in through their boyfriends, then leave them when they realize that they aren't good Muslim men. Then they go off and do their own research and become good Muslims.

Allah will guide new Muslims, even if there's no one there! When I began to pray and start to get really sincere about becoming a real Muslim Allah sent me an invitation to a Muslim conference via an old friend who I'd just about forgotten. Then suddenly I was surrounded by Muslims and had lots of chances to learn about Islam.

Every path is different... once someone takes their shahada it's really up to them to find more. That's the moment when your sins start to count... but you can't ask an ummah that doesn't know its own religion to teach new Muslims well.
�Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us leaders of the God-fearing.� -Al-Furqan 74
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 6:35am

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اللهم صلي على نبينا محمد و على آله و صحبه و سلم

yeah, I agree with sister Hyfa, I am just saying,, you all must educate ourselves of everything,, forgive me for the late reply, I was sooooo busy.. may Allah help us
you know sis Hyafa,,I mean like you and how you eduacte yourself through the lectures.
 And about those peopel I do not know some famous names to tell, but I saw some brothers here, who were invited to Islam by people who did not teach them.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic