IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Passed away parent  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passed away parent

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hafeesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passed away parent
    Posted: 09 February 2010 at 12:57pm

Salaam alekum sisters and brothers,

My mother passed away very recent from cancer. I do allot of duas for her mashaalah. I dont cry and mourn over her . ButI like to keep her memories alive with me by writting poems sharing her pics with family members To make this short .
A family member of mine says that , It is haraam to do all this, I should just have a good cry over it and leave her alone.

Offcourse I dont want to do anything against Islam, Is it wrong of what Iam doing?
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 7:02pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Welcome to Islamicity.

Though, i may not have a direct answer to your question { I wish you ask this to a scholar and look for the ruling} - but would like to share my opinion

Sister, you must be knowing that mourning includes feelings as well as apparent signs. Mourning is not permitted in Islam,for more than 3 days. When you pen your memories of your mother,it may refresh your grief. Is n't it ! Moreover a mother is a very special person in one's life. We can't stop getting emotional when we remember her. Anyways, these were my thoughts over the topic, still i insist that you question this to a scholar to get the ruling if its haraam or halaal.

Edited by seekshidayath - 09 February 2010 at 7:08pm
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 7:12am
The burden of finding a ruling is upon those who claim her practice is haraam.  What is their evidence the manner which she is mourning her loss is forbidden in Islam...may Allah, Most High, have mercy on your mom and reward you for your patience.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 9:38am

Sister, have a look at this ruling.  Insha Allah, the last lines shall bring  you smiles

Edited by seekshidayath - 10 February 2010 at 9:38am
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Hafeesa View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hafeesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 10:03am
Thak u very much for all the replies . This was very helpfull.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Hafeesa Hafeesa wrote:

Salaam alekum sisters and brothers,

My mother passed away very recent from cancer. I do allot of duas for her mashaalah. I dont cry and mourn over her . ButI like to keep her memories alive with me by writting poems sharing her pics with family members To make this short .
A family member of mine says that , It is haraam to do all this, I should just have a good cry over it and leave her alone.

Offcourse I dont want to do anything against Islam, Is it wrong of what Iam doing?

Walaikum Salam sister,

Welcome to the forum!

May Allah grant your mother the best place in the hereafter. And may Allah bless you with patience.

Reciting Qur'an, say Surah Ya-sin and Al-Kahf, would comfort you,  insha Allah.

Peace
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 9:10pm
Hafeesa

My Duas for you.  I don't think you will forget your mom. She obviously "influenced" who you are as a person. I know I remember my parents at different moments. Like we've had a huge snow storm and I have always loved to shovel snow. And it made me smile to think of my dad as we all went out and shoveled as kids. The memories will always be there.  Sometimes I "sound" like my mom.. Smile For me its a chance to remember to thank Allah for having the parents I did.

And, welcome to the Forum.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 7:27am
Heart
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic