IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - God in Evangelical Christianity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

God in Evangelical Christianity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apple Pie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 8:34pm

Greetings Orthodox,

Thanks for your selective reply�

Quote:

Apple Pie, its been years, how are you? Remember when we had that long debate a couple of years ago, on a totally different website, and  in that thread you posted about how the Quran plagerized from the Book of Revelation, and you kept posting the similarities? And then I started posting in that same thread how the authors of the NT copied and plagerized from the Torah and the Tanach, posting word for word copies, literally word for word, and also basically the same essence in message copying too .... 

Show us the links�. 

If you go to the Converts to Islam section, I posted there, that I am a convert to Islam from the Ahmadiyya Qadiani Movement.

A �convert to Islam� tells us that you follow Islam over that of your book of faith�as the two do not support one another.

Had you stated that you were a follower of the classic Arabic of your scriptures; then you would have gained some of our respect�

You were a regular at the now extinct website ahmadiyya.com, and were posting the same stuff from the Book of Revelation, that you are now, approx 2 years later, at Islamicity .... Since the website is now extinct, I can't provide links, however, I am sure you remember .....

Yes�we remember you�

Quote:

Jesus was not created.

This is validated in both the Holy Bible and then later copied into the Koran�

You're telling me that the son of Mary, son of Man, that walked this earth, ate, slept, drank, and fell prostrate to the laws of God, was not created? His flesh existed prior to his spending 9 months in Mary's womb? Or did the eternal spirit of God that is breathed into every man, is what existed? Or was it predestined or decreed by God prior to its actual occurance, that the Messiah would be? I am sure you don't believe that the flesh of Jesus existed prior to its birth in Mary's womb. Jesus was a man-flesh. God is spirit. Period.

Quote:

Jesus is the physical manifestation of God.

Jesus is God in the flesh.

I already went over this, and hoped you had actually read what I wrote in regards to this before making this statement. Instead of re-writing it, i'll just quote myself:

- The Christians will always talk about their concept known as - Jesus is "God in the flesh". Does this mean that the flesh itself is divine (God), or does it mean that God dwells within the flesh spiritually? Obviously the statement says God IN (within) the flesh, not God IS the flesh. Coming back to the clear distinction between the flesh and the spirit which the Bible makes. Also noting the fact that the Bible is VERY clear that God is spirit.

Point being, the physical manifestation or the flesh itself is not God ... its the spiritual presence of God with and within (in) the physical-flesh-created aspect .... Jesus is not the only flesh-man to have the spiritual presence of God with and within .... According to Christian doctrine all born-agains recieve the spirit of God. Please tell me if you agree, that you are not worshiping the flesh of Jesus Christ, and if you are worshiping the flesh of Jesus, then clearly tell me that as well. Please don't beat around the bush on this one ... I would appreciate it ....

Let�s look�

Joh 1:1  In1722 the beginning746 was2258 the3588 Word,3056 and2532 the3588 Word3056 was2258 with4314 God,2316 and2532 the3588 Word3056 was2258 God.2316

Joh 1:2  The same3778 was2258 in1722 the beginning746 with4314 God.2316

Joh 1:3  All things3956 were made1096 by1223 Him;846 and2532 without5565 Him846 was not3761 any thing1520 made1096 that3739 was made.1096

Joh 1:4  In1722 Him846 was2258 life;2222 and2532 the3588 life2222 was2258 the3588 light5457 of men.444

John tells us this:

• The Word was in the beginning
  • The Word was with God
  • The Word was God
  • All things were made by the Word
  • In the Word was every living soul #G2222 �zōe�

Joh 1:9  That was2258 the3588 true228 Light,5457 which3739 lighteth5461 every3956 man444 that cometh2064 into1519 the3588 world.2889

Joh 1:10  He was2258 in1722 the3588 world,2889 and2532 the3588 world2889 was made1096 by1223 him,846 and2532 the3588 world2889 knew1097 him846 not.3756

Joh 1:11  He came2064 unto1519 his own,2398 and2532 his own2398 received3880 him846 not.3756

John tells us this:

• The Word was in the Universe
  • The Universe came into existence through the Word

Joh 1:14  And2532 the3588 Word3056 was made1096 flesh,4561 and2532 dwelt4637 among1722 us,2254 (and2532 we beheld2300 his846 glory,1391 the glory1391 as5613 of the only begotten3439 of3844 the Father,)3962 full4134 of grace5485 and2532 truth.225

John tells us this:

• The Word became flesh
  • The Word is Jesus Christ

Thus�.it is quite clear from the above that the Word is Jesus�.and that Jesus brought into existence the entire physical Universe including the flesh of which He manifested His earthly tenure�

Now�.compare the Spirit�.

Luke 1�compare to sura 21�

Well�.let�s review both in context�first the Koranic passages�

21.89          And Zachary/Zacharias/Zachariah when he called/cried (to) his Lord: "My Lord do not leave me alone, and you are the heirs'/inheritants' best."

21.90   So We answered/replied to him, and We granted to him John/Yahya and We corrected/reconciliated for him his wife , that they truly were speeding/rushing in the goodnesses, and they call Us desiring/wishing and with awe/monastically , and they were for Us humble/submissive .

21.91   And who remained chaste/(protected) her genital parts, so We blew into her from Our Soul/Spirit , and We made/created her and her son (as) an evidence/sign to the creations all together/(universes).

21.92   That this (is) your handmaid, one handmaid, and I am your Lord, so worship Me.

21.93   And they separated/divided their matter/affair between them, all/each to Us are returning.

21.94   So who makes/does from the correct/righteous deeds, and he is believing, so (there is) no cover/substitution (denial) for his striving/endeavor , We are for it/him writing/dictating .

21.95   And forbidden on a village/urban city We made it die/destroyed it , that they do not return.

21.96   Until when Yagog and Magog was opened , and they are for every/each hard/elevated ground, they rush down/separate .

Now�let�s compare to Luke chapter one (where these Koranic ayahs had their genesis)�.

(Luk 1:5)  In the days of Herod the king of Judea, there was a certain priest named Zacharias, of the daily course of Abijah. And his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth.

(Luk 1:6)  And they were both righteous before God, walking blameless in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord.

(Luk 1:7)  And no child was born to them, because Elizabeth was barren. And both were advanced in their days.

(Luk 1:8 )  And it happened in his serving as priest in the order of his course before God,

(Luk 1:9)  according to the custom of the priests, entering into the Holy Place of the Lord, it was Zacharias' lot to burn incense.

(Luk 1:10)  And all the multitude of the people was praying outside at the hour of incense.

(Luk 1:11)  And an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing on the right of the altar of incense.

(Luk 1:12)  And seeing this, Zacharias was troubled, and fear fell on him.

(Luk 1:13)  But the angel said to him, Do not fear, Zacharias, because your prayer was heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear a son to you, and you shall call his name John.

(Luk 1:14)  And he will be joy and exultation to you, and many will rejoice over his birth.

(Luk 1:15)  For he shall be great in the eyes of the Lord, and he shall not drink wine or strong drink. And he will be filled of the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.

(Luk 1:16)  And he will turn many of the sons of Israel to the Lord their God.

(Luk 1:17)  And he will go out before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah "to turn the hearts of fathers to their children," and disobedient ones to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people having been prepared for the Lord. Mal. 4:5, 6

(Luk 1:18 )  And Zacharias said to the angel, By what shall I know this? For I am old and my wife is advanced in her days.

(Luk 1:19)  And answering, the angel said to him, I am Gabriel, who stands before God, and I was sent to speak to you and to announce to you the good news of these things.

(Luk 1:20)  And behold, you shall be silent and not able to speak until the day these things take place, because you did not believe my words which shall be fulfilled in their season.

(Luk 1:21)  And the people were expecting Zacharias, and they wondered at his delay in the temple.

(Luk 1:22)  But coming out, he was not able to speak to them, and they recognized that he had seen a vision in the temple. And he was making signs to them and continued dumb.

(Luk 1:23)  And it happened when the days of his service were fulfilled, he went away to his house.

(Luk 1:24)  And after these days his wife Elizabeth conceived. And she hid herself five months, saying,

(Luk 1:25)  So has the Lord done to me in the days in which He looked on me to take away my reproach among men.

(Luk 1:26)  And in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,

(Luk 1:27)  to a virgin who had been betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

(Luk 1:28 )  And entering, the angel said to her, Hail, one having received grace! The Lord is with you. You are blessed among women!

(Luk 1:29)  And seeing this, she was disturbed at his word, and considered what kind of greeting this might be.

(Luk 1:30)  And the angel said to her, Do not fear, Mary, for you have found favor from God.

(Luk 1:31)  And behold! You will conceive in your womb and bear a Son, and you will call His name Jesus.

(Luk 1:32)  This One will be great and will be called Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.

(Luk 1:33)  And He will reign over the house of Jacob to the ages, and of His kingdom there will be no end.

(Luk 1:34)  But Mary said to the angel, How will this be since I do not know a man?

(Luk 1:35)  And answering, the angel said to her, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you, and for this reason that Holy One being born of you will be called Son of God.

(Luk 1:36)  And behold, your kinswoman Elizabeth! She also conceived a son in her old age, and this is the sixth month to her who was called barren;

(Luk 1:37)  for nothing shall be impossible with God.

(Luk 1:38 )  And Mary said, Behold, the slave woman of the Lord! May it be to me according to your word. And the angel departed from her.

Here are the undeniable parallels between these split passages:

1)         Zacharias & his wife are told that they will have a child?�.Luke, yes�.Koran, yes

2)         Will the child be a boy?.....Luke, yes�.Koran, yes

3)         What will the child�s name be?.....Luke, John�..Koran, John

4)         Next, will a virgin become pregnant?....Luke, yes�..Koran, yes

5)         Is this virgin considered a slave woman (handmaid)?...Luke, yes�Koran, yes

6)         Who tells the virgin this?...Luke, Holy Spirit�.Koran, Holy Spirit

7)         Will the child be a boy?....Luke, yes�.Koran, yes

8 )        Will this child be a miracle?.....Luke, yes�.Koran, yes

See how the Koran copied the Holy Bible�.?

Thus�.it is quite clear from the above examples that Jesus is both the Holy Spirit and the Word. 

Jesus has always existed.

The deity is interchangeable�just as we showed you from the few examples from the Book of Revelation.

Now�observe this startling revelation from your very own scriptures�

4:171   You The Book's people, do not exaggerate/exceed the limit in your religion, and do not say on Allah except the truth, but the Messiah, Jesus, Mary's son Allah's messenger and His Word He threw it away to Mary, and a Soul/Spirit from Him; so believe with Allah, and His messengers, and do not say: "Three." Stop (it is) best for you, but Allah (is) one Allah, His praise/glory that to be for him a child; for Him what (is) in the skies/space and what (is) in the earth/Planet Earth, enough/sufficient with Allah (as a) guardian/protector.

• You The Book's people, do not exaggerate/exceed the limit in your religion,
  • �wa� and do not say on Allah except the truth,
  • but the Messiah, Jesus,
  • Mary's son
  • Allah's messenger
  • �wa� and His Word
  • He threw it away to Mary,
  • �wa� and a Soul/Spirit from Him;
  • �fa� so believe with Allah,
  • �wa� and His messengers,
  • �wa� and do not say: "Three." Stop (it is) best for you,
  • but Allah (is) one Allah,
  • His praise/glory that to be for him a child;
  • for Him what (is) in the skies/space
  • �wa� and what (is) in the earth/Planet Earth, enough/sufficient with Allah (as a) guardian/protector.

It is clear from the text that Jesus is both Mary�s and (in this case) �allah�s� son.

Same theme copied from the Holy Bible.

Observe that Jesus is not merely �allah�s  messenger; but he is also �wa� his Word.

Furthermore, the �allah� of the Koran is shown to have a Spirit which is also imputed into Jesus.

Thus�.we have just witnessed three elements of �allah�.

Now...look what is stated next�

�do not say: "Three."

Why should we not say that �allah� is three when we were just told of three elements that pertain to him�.?

Here�s why�

Because�

�Allah (is) one Allah�

What a novel idea.

Sound familiar�.?

It should, as it is lifted right out of the Holy Bible.

Furthermore�look at what the text states after this�

�verily he shall be a child for Him�

Rock-solid Biblical confirmation that Jesus is God's son!!!

Please tell us�.how the one god �allah� can have a Spirit�and a Word�.and a son�.!

Quote:

The �conception� of Jesus, by the Holy Spirit, is the same in both the Holy Bible and in the Koran�as defined by the Book of Luke�thus, He was not �created� as normal humans are.

Adam, Eve, and Mel-chesidek are not "created" as most humans are either ..... Defying the laws of nature does not make the creation divine, it or he, Jesus, is still an element of God's creation. His physical structure, his body, his DNA, his flesh, is a creation of God. Do you deny this?

Please bring forth the �creation� ayahs of Adam, Eve, and �Mel-chesidek� For comparison against Jesus�.

Quote:

Col 2:9  For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily

For IN (within) him, dwells the fullness of Godhead bodily ..... the flesh itself is not divine ..... the spirit of God that dwelled within or in him was divine, and that same spirit allegedly dwells within ALL:

We have amply demonstrated that the Holy Spirit is the same as the Word which is the same as Jesus Christ.

It�s time you became cognizant of the Triune entity Creator God revealed in the Holy Bible�.as the authors of your book of faith also copied these same elements over into their opus�

One God is Father of ALL, who is above ALL, and through ALL, and in ALL. (Esphians 4:6; also see many more verses which say the same thing: John 17:20; John 14:20; Psalms 82:6)

And�.?

Quote:

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angles which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." (Mark 13:32 

Please tell us the vantage point of Jesus in Mark, verses the vantage point of Jesus in Revelation�

Well, this contradicts your point, because, the vantage point of Jesus, WHILE he is sitting on the right hand of God, is THEN, at that point, while Jesus is in heaven sitting on the right hand of God, that He, the son, DOES NOT KNOW THE HOUR  ....

You had the golden opportunity to admit that Jesus occupies the throne, as clearly stated in the Book of Revelation�.yet you failed to acknowledge this�.why is that�.?

Clearly�.Jesus knows the hour�.as He is God Almighty and has the vantage point of Heaven.

Thanks�

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2005 at 10:09am

Dear bro St. Apple Pie, your illogical textural manipulations are now no more secret. Your selective pick and choose kind of stuff is full of erroneous beliefs and yet you seem to be so adamant that instead of logically refuting the others, you resort to invoke emotions in your arguments. Here is one example which reflects your special sts relationship with your St. Paul

"

Quote:

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angles which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." (Mark 13:32 

Please tell us the vantage point of Jesus in Mark, verses the vantage point of Jesus in Revelation�

Well, this contradicts your point, because, the vantage point of Jesus, WHILE he is sitting on the right hand of God, is THEN, at that point, while Jesus is in heaven sitting on the right hand of God, that He, the son, DOES NOT KNOW THE HOUR  ....

You had the golden opportunity to admit that Jesus occupies the throne, as clearly stated in the Book of Revelation�.yet you failed to acknowledge this�.why is that�.?

Clearly�.Jesus knows the hour�.as He is God Almighty and has the vantage point of Heaven."

Do you have any valid reason to negate this argument other than your emotions? If not, then that is ok...and there is no use to beat about the bush. 

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2005 at 10:40am

Here is a interesting thought for the Evangelical to contemplate:

A challenge to the Christain understanding on God's love:

1) If God is so ever loving prove that its unconditional or conditional if, unconditional prove how religious influence does not run contrary to his unconditional love. If conditional then its important to note that God is not ever loving and that his love is selective for those who convert to a specific religious congregation.

This is indeed a challenge to the one who is an evangelical but of course like most, always uses scripture but I doubt scripture will help in this case. Let me help in the first case of my challenge what I mean by how "his unconditional love does not run contrary to religious influence" what I mean is, is that how does God loving all of his creatures equally (since everybody is seen loved unconditionally this is equal) is not influenced by Evangelical doctrine? From ym understanding one has to believe in the life, death and ressurection of Jesus. Now if God loves all unconditionally then one does not need to believe in such since God is seen unconditional how does that not run contrary to Evangelical belief?

Also, if conditional then God is not ever loving as Christians mention and is selective on those he love (What I mean by love is the blessing of being near to him) so how does God being conditional support their claims on God?

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2005 at 11:02pm
Surprised, no takers....lol
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Here is a interesting thought for the Evangelical to contemplate:

A challenge to the Christain understanding on God's love:

1) If God is so ever loving prove that its unconditional or conditional if, unconditional prove how religious influence does not run contrary to his unconditional love. If conditional then its important to note that God is not ever loving and that his love is selective for those who convert to a specific religious congregation.

This is indeed a challenge to the one who is an evangelical but of course like most, always uses scripture but I doubt scripture will help in this case. Let me help in the first case of my challenge what I mean by how "his unconditional love does not run contrary to religious influence" what I mean is, is that how does God loving all of his creatures equally (since everybody is seen loved unconditionally this is equal) is not influenced by Evangelical doctrine? From ym understanding one has to believe in the life, death and ressurection of Jesus. Now if God loves all unconditionally then one does not need to believe in such since God is seen unconditional how does that not run contrary to Evangelical belief?

Also, if conditional then God is not ever loving as Christians mention and is selective on those he love (What I mean by love is the blessing of being near to him) so how does God being conditional support their claims on God?

Acts 4:12 says, "There is no other name given under heaven by which men must be saved."

It does not say that all men will know or call on that Name verbally to be saved. (i.e. the sinner's prayer or some such confession like that).  Romans 3 talks about the conscience alternately accusing or defending one before God.  God is just and desires that all be saved and come to a knowledge of the Truth (1 Tim. 2:4)

And so God can very well simultaneously love unconditionally, and have a reasonable, available and universal condition for salvation (i.e. Jesus is the Way) to satisfy His justice.  It is God's justice that demands the condition of the Sacrifice for sins.  It is the provision of that Sacrifice, like the ram in the the thicket for Abraham to save Isaac, that proves God's unconditional love for all humanity.  It is the rejection of God's unconditional love that place people outside of the condition of His justice and condemns them.  It is not God's lack of love or conditional love that condemns them but their own rejection of God and His love.

Another simultaneous proof of God's unconditional love and his condition for satisfying Justice is that He credits men and women's faith to them as righteousness, as He did with Abraham. (Romans 4:9, and c.f. Romans 3 that I referred to above.)  It is a fact, that none of those that lived before Jesus, called on His name specifically and so there must be salvation by other means than just the literal sinner's prayer (as in the crediting righteousness to Abraham due to his faith.)

Romans 4:9
Is this blessedness only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We have been saying that Abraham's faith was credited to him as righteousness.

The Bible also says that one day 'every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.'  It is my belief that God's preference is for everyone to call on the Name of Jesus (His Son in Whom He is well pleased) but that He is prepared, in His infinite wisdom, to make a Way of salvation that, while it doesn't include literally calling on the Name of Jesus, utilized the efficacy of Jesus' sacrifice (as I mentioned earlier that God credited righteousness to Abraham because of his faith.)

Those people that did not have the opportunity, for a legitimate reason, to call on the Name of Jesus in this world, will someday confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (to the Glory of God the Father.)  And in God's wisdom, He will impute the faith of some of these as righteousness.

And so all are without excuse before the great and awesome God.  Hebrews affirms - "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."  Wouldn't you rather embrace God's Provision now in Jesus Christ, than wait and chance things then?

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believed in Him, would not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16

Edited by b95000
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:08am

B95000 said:

>>>>>And so God can very well simultaneously love unconditionally, and have a reasonable, available and universal condition for salvation (i.e. Jesus is the Way) to satisfy His justice.  It is God's justice that demands the condition of the Sacrifice for sins.<<<<<

I knew one of you would step in the fallacy trap.....I'm gonna first call you "B"for short. Second you have two contradictions in one paragraph.
First off you mention that "God can simultaneously love unconditionally yet have a condition for Salvation." First off that is a logical fallacy. Yes God can love simultaneously and yes ther can be a condition for salvation but that is not plausible logically. It almost makes sense as a father letting his son burn but he will not douse the flames out until he cites his ABC's correctly.

Like laws that are clear if God specifically stated in clear Hebrew (or whatever language spoken) that this was the way it would have been clear. However the laws were not clear and various groups do not share this view. So is God not going to allow the Muslim not to attain paradise because he doesn't believe Jesus is his God rather than a prophet? If not then this is conditional love. You made the mistake by equating unconditional love and conditional laws because unconditional love the emotion superceeds laws.

logically God wouldn't unconditionally love the child rapist muderer if he continues to break his laws. Notice I use the latter portion of the example and how it differs from yours. Your latter portion of your remarks refers to religious creed which is not a universal law. Univerally not every human subscribes to that religious tenent hence it is not a universal. However, majority of the humans on the planet believe in One God. To me that is more universal than a creed that specifically pertains to a religion.

B, God is conditional and God has made specific commands of humans to follow. If God were unconditional there would be no laws, because his love would superceed those laws and he would forgive every sin and every transgression. God is conditional because he prefers the good over the bad. God is conditional because he prefers the monotheist over the atheist. God is conditional because he picks certain individuals to bring his message rather than the whole of humanity. To say his love is unconditional yet his laws are conditional are not only different categories of application, because they are contradictory...Try again!

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2005 at 4:47pm
Funny where are the Evangelist when you need them to answer a question hmmmmmm
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

B95000 said:

>>>>>And so God can very well simultaneously love unconditionally, and have a reasonable, available and universal condition for salvation (i.e. Jesus is the Way) to satisfy His justice.  It is God's justice that demands the condition of the Sacrifice for sins.<<<<<

I knew one of you would step in the fallacy trap.....I'm gonna first call you "B"for short. Second you have two contradictions in one paragraph.
First off you mention that "God can simultaneously love unconditionally yet have a condition for Salvation." First off that is a logical fallacy. Yes God can love simultaneously and yes ther can be a condition for salvation but that is not plausible logically. It almost makes sense as a father letting his son burn but he will not douse the flames out until he cites his ABC's correctly.

B: With all due respect Israfil, you're being trite in your metaphor.
Now, I say man, you're telling me there's logical inconsistency in saying God loves all of us and yet has set up a condition for salvation.  But that's like saying the parent that loves their child must not ever have any conditions upon them.  Of course they must and do and that is, in fact, part of their love for them!  The child is free to love the parent back or not - with all the attendent consequences of that.  It is the same for our Heavenly Father.

Like laws that are clear if God specifically stated in clear Hebrew (or whatever language spoken) that this was the way it would have been clear. However the laws were not clear and various groups do not share this view.

B: That's why it all comes back to true faith - God imputes faith as righteousness, as he did with Abraham.

So is God not going to allow the Muslim not to attain paradise because he doesn't believe Jesus is his God rather than a prophet?

B: I've already answered this question.  The Muslim of sincere faith in God (Allah) will be saved through Jesus' sacrifice, just like the Christian.  It is my view that if a Muslim were to encounter Jesus the way many do or the way Jesus really is then they too would bow their knee and say as Thomas said, "My Lord and My God."  But all these things are up to God..I'm basing my views on Romans 2 and 3 however.

If not then this is conditional love. You made the mistake by equating unconditional love and conditional laws because unconditional love the emotion superceeds laws.

B: I've addressed this with the example of the parent above...consequences still have their effect despite God's very real, unconditional love.

logically God wouldn't unconditionally love the child rapist muderer if he continues to break his laws.

B: God has already unconditionally loved his children.  He doesn't stop loving His children, but neither does he stop the consequences for evil actions.  Call that conditional if you want (especially if you believe in determinism theologically) but even so, it is God who decides when a person falls outside the purview of His love.  So technically, since we're going there, God's love is great, the width, breadth, length and height, no one can know (as it says in one of the Epistles) but the point at which it intersects with justice or God's judgment it ceases to be absolutely unconditional (but that has more to do with the point of judgment) - let's put it this way - in this world the good gifts of God falls on the righteous and the unrighteous...God is loving us - in this life - unconditionally.  But if we want to enter God's heaven, we'd best heed to the conditions for that.

So where are we with this?  His love, for a time within life on this planet, that time known only to Him, is unconditional - at the proper time (death, etc.) he places a condition on entrance into His presence, into His kingdom, the responsiblity for which lies fully with each individual and for which all are without excuse.

So God's love mingles with His judgment perfectly.

Notice I use the latter portion of the example and how it differs from yours. Your latter portion of your remarks refers to religious creed which is not a universal law. Univerally not every human subscribes to that religious tenent hence it is not a universal. However, majority of the humans on the planet believe in One God. To me that is more universal than a creed that specifically pertains to a religion.

B, God is conditional and God has made specific commands of humans to follow. If God were unconditional there would be no laws, because his love would superceed those laws and he would forgive every sin and every transgression. God is conditional because he prefers the good over the bad. God is conditional because he prefers the monotheist over the atheist. God is conditional because he picks certain individuals to bring his message rather than the whole of humanity. To say his love is unconditional yet his laws are conditional are not only different categories of application, because they are contradictory...Try again!

B: In an aboslute or ultimate sense I can see that you are correct - but I would maintain God has a great love for all humanity and that this perfectly mingles with His judgement.  Yes, the concept of 'unconditional love' seems compelling and is certainly promised once the faith condition is satisifed.  Perhaps, this is where the 'unconditional' comes in - once the first, great condition is satisfied - ensuring the believer will not stray far - no matter what that believer does (within the understanding that they are a true believer and act as such primarily) God will love them unconditionally.  (This would suggest that God doesn't demand (immediate) perfection of the believer...

Perhaps then, God's eternal love has one great condition for His children - faith in Him.

Good discussion though!

Edited by b95000
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic