IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - God in Evangelical Christianity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

God in Evangelical Christianity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 9:27pm
dupe post -- too quick with the mouse click. Oops.

Edited by copenhagen
Some people before you asked questions, and on that account lost their faith.
copenhagen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Apple Pie Apple Pie wrote:

Firstly�thanks for not refuting any of the comparisons of the Deity of Jesus with that of �allah�.

Secondly, the sole usage of the Book of Revelation in these comparisons demonstrates, beyond any reasonable doubt, the significant contribution that the Book of Revelation has indeed had in the construction of the Koranic opus�

It is a slam-dunk�just from one Book of the Holy Bible�

* Jesus is God

Nope, sorry, you have quoted a lot of verses, and said lots of words, but the connection that JESUS = GOD is still wide open. I fail to see even the begining that would make one believe that Jesus thought himself God.

This is a HUGE problem. For a man to equate himself with God, while not equating all humans with God is paradox extreme. Are you sure you are willing and fit to take the challenge? It's been fought over for centuries, amoungst the best of minds. Are you saying you are the smartest person who has ever walked the face of earth who can solve this riddle once and for all?

I ALWAYS assume that the person speaking to me is smarter than myself. But, when one claims to be smarter than every human on the face of the earth for the past 2,000 years, I have to question the claim.

So, Apple Pie, are you the ONE who will forever give clarity to this issue? Will you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Jesus is the cornerstone of Faith, and that Jesus is in FACT God almighty?

Just want to clarify your position. As I said, I assume you are smarter than me, so I want to know where you are taking this thread. So far, you have failed miserabley, so I just thought I should point that out.

Peace,

Sam
Some people before you asked questions, and on that account lost their faith.
Orthodox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orthodox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 10:31am

Apple Pie, you have failed to acknowledge the difference between flesh and spirit ..... Jesus, the son of Mary, the son of man, was flesh, created, material, ... God is spirit, eternal, uncreated, without-material .....

Now when you refer to Jesus, are you referring to the MAN that walked the earth, ate, slept, drank, and spent 9 months in Mary's womb, and 33 years through the growth cycle of infancy-childhood-adolescance-adulthood; or are you referring to the spirit, God, who is never called Jesus, but is called YHWH, Jehovah, Elohim, Adonai, Alaha?

You quote all of those verses trying to equate Jesus and God, yet don't even try to explain who and what Jesus was, and how he was what you claim he was ..... he was nothing but material-flesh-man created by God. Jesus had God, a spirit dwell with him and within him, no different than you and I ..... once you put this within the context of all of the things you quoted, than you can clearly see how Jesus is not God, because God is not a physical-man nor is God created. Nor is God flesh.   

So my challenge to you is to put into context what I have said regarding the difference between flesh and spirit, and put it into context with all of that which you have quoted. For example:

And having been clothed in a garment which had been dipped in blood. And His name is called The Word of God.   (Rev 19:13)

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them. And judgment was given to them, and the souls of the ones having been beheaded because of the witness of Jesus, and because of the Word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast nor its image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand. And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.   (Rev 20:4)

Remember, Jesus and God are spiritually one, and their agenda is one, and their message is one, and God dwells with and within Jesus spiritually, however, physically they are not one and the same, because God is not a physical entity, nor is God flesh; there is still that aspect of Jesus which is fleshly-carnal (ie. being tempted by satan, asking God to take the cup away from him, why have you forsaken me etc. -- according to Christian doctines) ....

Apple Pie, its been years, how are you? Remember when we had that long debate a couple of years ago, on a totally different website, and  in that thread you posted about how the Quran plagerized from the Book of Revelation, and you kept posting the similarities? And then I started posting in that same thread how the authors of the NT copied and plagerized from the Torah and the Tanach, posting word for word copies, literally word for word, and also basically the same essence in message copying too ....

Quote Wrath of God, Koran: 16:106
Wrath of God, Book of Revelation: (6:16-17, 11:18, 14:10, 14:19, 15:1, 15:7, 16:1, 16:19, 19:15) 

I also have wrath ....

Quote Hour, Koran 16:77
Hour, Book of Revelation: (3:3, 3:10, 9:15, 11:13, 14:7, 14:15, 17:12, 18:10, 18:17, 18:19) 

Absolutly wrong, unless you admit that the Bible contradicts itself because according to the following verse, the son does not know the hour:

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angles which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." (Mark 13:32 

Quote Jesus is the Resurrection�allah does the resurrecting

Resurrection, Koran: 16:21, 16:25, 16:27, 16:77, 16:92, 16:124
Resurrection, Book of Revelation: (1:5,1:18, 2:8, 3:1, 11:18, 14:13, 20:5-6, 20:12-13) 

There is a huge difference between the Christian doctrine of Jesus being the resurrection and Allah doing the resurrection, ie. resurrecting those who have died; on the day of Qiyamah ....

Quote Jesus abhors idols�.allah abhors idols

Idols, Koran: 16:36
Idols, Book of Revelation: (2:14, 9:20, 2:20) 

What a great proof to show Jesus is God? Orthodox also abhors idols ...

Quote Jesus is patient�.allah is patient

Patience, Koran: 16:96, 16:126-127
Patience, Book of Revelation: (1:9, 2:2-3, 2:19, 2:26, 3:10, 13:10, 14:12) 

I am also patient.

Quote Repent to Jesus�repent to allah

Repent, Koran: 16:119
Repent, Book of Revelation: (2:5, 2:16, 2:21-22, 3:3, 3:19, 9:20-21, 16:9, 16:11) 

The verses you quoted above do not at all promote the idea "repent to Jesus" ..... 

Quote Jesus knows your deeds�.allah knows your deeds

Deeds, Koran: 16:63, 16:90, 16:97
Deeds, Book of Revelation: (2:5-6, 2:9, 2:13, 2:19, 2:22-23, 2:26, 3:1-2, 3:8, 9:20, 14:13, 16:11, 18:5-6, 20:12-13, 22:12) 

The verse you quoted above do not promote the idea : "Jesus knows your deeds" 

• Jesus must be God, as He shares the same deity attributes in both Holy books
  • Jesus� deity attributes existed centuries BEFORE the Koran was even written
  • The god of the Koran is an impostor that has been cloaked with Jesus� Biblical deity by the authors who penned the text
  •  

Jesus was flesh, God is spirit. You fail to revere and worship the spirit. You worship a man. You worship a creation of God. You worship the flesh of Jesus.

Edited by Orthodox
    Apple Pie View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apple Pie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 7:30pm

Greetings Orthodox,

Thanks for your reply�

Apple Pie, its been years, how are you? Remember when we had that long debate a couple of years ago, on a totally different website, and  in that thread you posted about how the Quran plagerized from the Book of Revelation, and you kept posting the similarities? And then I started posting in that same thread how the authors of the NT copied and plagerized from the Torah and the Tanach, posting word for word copies, literally word for word, and also basically the same essence in message copying too ....

Show us the links�.

Apple Pie, you have failed to acknowledge the difference between flesh and spirit ..... Jesus, the son of Mary, the son of man, was flesh, created, material, ... God is spirit, eternal, uncreated, without-material .....

Jesus was not created.

This is validated in both the Holy Bible and then later copied into the Koran�

Now when you refer to Jesus, are you referring to the MAN that walked the earth, ate, slept, drank, and spent 9 months in Mary's womb, and 33 years through the growth cycle of infancy-childhood-adolescance-adulthood; or are you referring to the spirit, God, who is never called Jesus, but is called YHWH, Jehovah, Elohim, Adonai, Alaha?

Jesus is the physical manifestation of God.

Jesus is God in the flesh.

You quote all of those verses trying to equate Jesus and God, yet don't even try to explain who and what Jesus was, and how he was what you claim he was ..... he was nothing but material-flesh-man created by God. Jesus had God, a spirit dwell with him and within him, no different than you and I ..... once you put this within the context of all of the things you quoted, than you can clearly see how Jesus is not God, because God is not a physical-man nor is God created. Nor is God flesh.   

You need to read your book of faith.

The �conception� of Jesus, by the Holy Spirit, is the same in both the Holy Bible and in the Koran�as defined by the Book of Luke�thus, He was not �created� as normal humans are.

Jesus is God .

Period.

This is clearly stated in both the Holy Bible and in your book of faith.

Its time to stop following Islam and to start following your book of faith.

So my challenge to you is to put into context what I have said regarding the difference between flesh and spirit, and put it into context with all of that which you have quoted. For example:

Quote:

And having been clothed in a garment which had been dipped in blood. And His name is called The Word of God.   (Rev 19:13)

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them. And judgment was given to them, and the souls of the ones having been beheaded because of the witness of Jesus, and because of the Word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast nor its image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand. And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.   (Rev 20:4)

Remember, Jesus and God are spiritually one, and their agenda is one, and their message is one, and God dwells with and within Jesus spiritually, however, physically they are not one and the same, because God is not a physical entity, nor is God flesh; there is still that aspect of Jesus which is fleshly-carnal (ie. being tempted by satan, asking God to take the cup away from him, why have you forsaken me etc. -- according to Christian doctines) ....

Perhaps these scriptures will shed some light �

Col 2:6  Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in Him,

Col 2:7  being rooted and being built up in Him, and being confirmed in the faith, even as you were taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.

Col 2:8  Watch that there not be one robbing you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the elements of the world, and not according to Christ.

Col 2:9  For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

Phi 2:5  For think this within you, which mind was also in Christ Jesus,

Phi 2:6  who subsisting in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,

Phi 2:7  but emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, having become in the likeness of men

Phi 2:8  and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, having become obedient until death, even the death of a cross.

Phi 2:9  Because of this also God highly exalted Him and gave Him a name above every name,

Phi 2:10  that at the name of Jesus "every knee should bow," of heavenly ones, and earthly ones, and ones under the earth,

Phi 2:11  and "every tongue should confess" that Jesus Christ is "Lord," to the glory of God the Father. Isa. 45:23

Quote:

Wrath of God, Koran: 16:106
    Wrath of God, Book of Revelation: (6:16-17, 11:18, 14:10, 14:19, 15:1, 15:7, 16:1, 16:19, 19:15) 

I also have wrath ....

Do you have God�s wrath�?

Quote:

Hour, Koran 16:77
    Hour, Book of Revelation: (3:3, 3:10, 9:15, 11:13, 14:7, 14:15, 17:12, 18:10, 18:17, 18:19) 

Absolutly wrong, unless you admit that the Bible contradicts itself because according to the following verse, the son does not know the hour:

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angles which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." (Mark 13:32 

Please tell us the vantage point of Jesus in Mark, verses the vantage point of Jesus in Revelation�

Quote:

Jesus is the Resurrection�allah does the resurrecting

Resurrection, Koran: 16:21, 16:25, 16:27, 16:77, 16:92, 16:124
    Resurrection, Book of Revelation: (1:5,1:18, 2:8, 3:1, 11:18, 14:13, 20:5-6, 20:12-13) 

There is a huge difference between the Christian doctrine of Jesus being the resurrection and Allah doing the resurrection, ie. resurrecting those who have died; on the day of Qiyamah ....

The difference being that the authors of the Koran attempted to pin this deity attribute upon their �god� allah�

Quote:

Jesus abhors idols�.allah abhors idols

Idols, Koran:
    16:36
    Idols, Book of Revelation: (
    2:14, 9:20, 2:20

What a great proof to show Jesus is God? Orthodox also abhors idols ...

A proof none the less�

Quote:

Jesus is patient�.allah is patient

Patience, Koran: 16:96, 16:126-127
    Patience, Book of Revelation: (1:9, 2:2-3, 2:19, 2:26, 3:10, 13:10, 14:12) 

I am also patient.

You think that you have the �patience� called-out for in the scriptures�.?

Quote:

Repent to Jesus�repent to allah

Repent, Koran: 16:119
    Repent, Book of Revelation: (2:5, 2:16, 2:21-22, 3:3, 3:19, 9:20-21, 16:9, 16:11) 

The verses you quoted above do not at all promote the idea "repent to Jesus" ..... 

Yes�.they do�

Quote:

Jesus knows your deeds�.allah knows your deeds

Deeds, Koran: 16:63, 16:90, 16:97
    Deeds, Book of Revelation: (2:5-6, 2:9, 2:13, 2:19, 2:22-23, 2:26, 3:1-2, 3:8, 9:20, 14:13, 16:11, 18:5-6, 20:12-13, 22:12) 

The verse you quoted above do not promote the idea : "Jesus knows your deeds" 

Yes�it does�

Opps�what happened to the other comparisons�.like�

Jesus hands out the reward in Heaven�.allah hands out the reward in Heaven

Reward, Koran: 16:96-97
    Reward, Book of Revelation: (
    11:18, 22:12)

Glory be to Jesus�glory be to allah

Glory, Koran 16:60
    Glory, Book of Revelation: (1:6:, 4:9, 4:11, 5:12-13, 7:12, 11:13, 14:7, 15:4, 15:8, 16:9, 19:1, 19:7, 21:11, 21:23-24, 21:26)

Jesus is the Almighty�.allah is the almighty

Almighty, Koran�16:1, 16:3, 16:60
    Almighty, Book of Revelation: (1:8, 4:8, 11:17, 15:3, 16:7, 16:14, 19:6, 19:15, 21:22)

Jesus will be coming quickly�allah will be coming quickly

Quickly, Koran: 16:77
    Quickly, Book of Revelation: (1:1, 2:5, 2:16, 3:11, 11:14, 22:6-7, 22:12, 22:20)

The Book of Revelation is Truth descended from Jesus� from allah

Book of Truth, Koran: 16:89
    Book of Truth, Book of Revelation: (1:1-5, 1:11, 1:19, 2:1, 2:8, 2:12, 2:18, 3:1, 3:7, 3:14, 19:9, 19:11, 21:5, 22:6-7)

Jesus will be coming with the clouds�.allah will be coming with the clouds

Coming with the Clouds, Koran: 2:210
    Coming with the Clouds, Book of Revelation: (1:7, 10:1,
    11:12, 14:14-16)

Jesus Predestines�allah predestines

Predestination, Koran: 2:90, 2:105, 2:142, 2:212-213, 2:247, 2:251, 2:253, 2:261, 2:269, 2:272, 2:284 Predestination, Book of Revelation: (13:8-10, 17:14, 19:9)

Jesus calls out the hypocrites�allah calls-out the hypocrites

Hypocrites, Koran: 2:8-10
    Hypocrites, Book of Revelation: (2:2, 2:9, 3:9, 21:8 )

Jesus is the Light and the Lamp�.allah is the light and the lamp

Light of God, Koran: 2:257
    Light of God, Book of Revelation: (21:10-11, 21:23-25, 22:5)
    The creator of Heaven and Earth and all things in it, Jesus created all things�allah created all things

Looks like the cat has your tongue on these�..as it should�

Oh�.and thanks for not mentioning Jesus residing on the Throne�

Quote:

Jesus must be God, as He shares the same deity attributes in both Holy books

Jesus� deity attributes existed centuries BEFORE the Koran was even written

The god of the Koran is an impostor that has been cloaked with Jesus� Biblical deity by the authors who penned the text

Jesus was flesh, God is spirit. You fail to revere and worship the spirit. You worship a man. You worship a creation of God. You worship the flesh of Jesus.

You keep forgetting to mention that Jesus is God in the flesh.

This is told to us not only in the Holy Bible but also copied into the Koran as well�

The God of the Holy Bible has revealed Himself as a Triune entity.

This is told to us not only in the Holy Bible but also copied into the Koran as well�

Perhaps you need to re-evaluate your �position� while you still can�.

Take care�

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 10:53am

I think, St. Apple Pie doesn't know even the basics. The final day of judgement is totally different than the day of coming back of Jesus and St. Apple Pie has not distinguished between the two and hence his comparison is totally flawed. Just for an example, though beside being of dubious authorship of Book of Revelation, St. Apple Pie has quoted Rev 3:3 to indicate as the final day of Judgement, but is it really that what St. Apple Pie thinks it is. Let us review this Rev 3:3

"3Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you."

Any sane person can read the the underline sentence to understand that, if (a big if, but we shall talk about it later) it is true as what is written in this verse about Jesus, then all it is saying is about the future coming of Jesus and not the final day of Judgement. Hence the comparison is totally flawed. On the more, let see where else in the NT, it is mentioned about the second coming of Jesus and shall compare it with this verse.

Mt 24:43-44

"43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

Beside observing the similarity of the parable of "theif" in the two, note that it is the coming back of "son of man". Hence it is totally different than the last day of Judgement. Another example:

"1 Thessalonians 5

1Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night."

Here, again it is the coming back of Jesus and not the day of Judgement. 

Hence, from all these examples, it is now clear as how St. Apple Pie is miserably mistaken about the very basics of his own religion. But the question is, Is he really that innocent?

amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 12:57pm

Jesus does not have to come back he is here already.....

Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
    Apple Pie View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apple Pie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 2:29pm

Greetings AhmadJoyia,

Thanks for adding your comments�

I think, St. Apple Pie doesn't know even the basics.

Operative word�..�think��

The final day of judgement is totally different than the day of coming back of Jesus and St. Apple Pie has not distinguished between the two and hence his comparison is totally flawed.

We would like to see you bring forth Koranic eschatological material for direct comparison to the Book of Revelation.

This should settle things rather quickly�

Just for an example, though beside being of dubious authorship of Book of Revelation, St. Apple Pie has quoted Rev 3:3 to indicate as the final day of Judgement, but is it really that what St. Apple Pie thinks it is. Let us review this Rev 3:3

"3Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you."

Any sane person can read the the underline sentence to understand that, if (a big if, but we shall talk about it later) it is true as what is written in this verse about Jesus, then all it is saying is about the future coming of Jesus and not the final day of Judgement. Hence the comparison is totally flawed.

Jesus is speaking in Rev 3.3�

On the more, let see where else in the NT, it is mentioned about the second coming of Jesus and shall compare it with this verse.

Mt 24:43-44

"43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

Beside observing the similarity of the parable of "theif" in the two, note that it is the coming back of "son of man". Hence it is totally different than the last day of Judgement.

Another example:

"1 Thessalonians 5

1Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night."

Here, again it is the coming back of Jesus and not the day of Judgement. 

Hence, from all these examples, it is now clear as how St. Apple Pie is miserably mistaken about the very basics of his own religion. But the question is, Is he really that innocent?

Please explain (with your own scriptures)�.how this would be the case�

Thanks�

Israfil View Drop Down
    Senior  Member
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 4:35pm

God's Peace and Blessings,

Apple Pie if I may what is the purpose of your comment (both past and present) and what do you plan on doing here on Islamicity? This is a most sincere question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
      Share Topic