IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Post of Haris30432  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post of Haris30432

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 1:00am
Originally posted by haris30432 haris30432 wrote:

"There are many such groups that have been declared non-Muslims by the consensus of Islamic scholarship. With regards to your question, please follow the thread and read my previous post. Hadith and Sunnah are basically the interpretation of the Qur�an.

May Allah guide us all."

I am  again very curious to know if the Hadith explains all the 114 chapters in the Quran.As fas as i know,the hadith barely explains(i doubt that :D) half the Quran.What about the rest????  Who is going to explain the rest??.Do u have an answer?i hope im not beating around the bush this time.

Peace!

Hadith are used to understand Qura'n in its context wherever needed. By the way, is it mentioned in Qur'an that one shud not eat cats, Leopard and can eat goat, cow , camel etc ! Anyways,

Read this hadith : The Prophet sent Muadh bin Jabal to Yemen as their judge and governor. Before Muadh left the Prophet, he asked the latter on what basis would he judge if he was confronted with a problem.

Muadh said that he would judge on the basis of the contents of the Quran.

The Prophet asked him, "assuming that you do not find it in the Quran, on what basis would you judge",

Muadh said he would judge on the basis of the Sunnah of the Prophet.

The Prophet also asked him, "assuming that you do not find it both in the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophets, on what basis would you judge",

Muadh bin Jabal replied that he would use his own individual judgment.

And the Prophet was very happy to hear this statement".

This hadith shud explain you everything.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
haris30432 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haris30432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 3:39am

Also , haris can you prove from Qur'an that if its permitted for men to wear gold and silk ?
There is no prohibition as such mentioned in the Quran Mashallah.Men can wear silk or Gold if they want to.If there is such a prohibition please show me a clear verse in the Quran i would love to study it.

What about eating meat of tiger and other carnivorous ? And yes, how shud one perform Hajj ?

Everthing thing that needs to be prohibited has been specifically mentioned in the Quran.One is free to eat any food that is LAWFUL and GOOD.Now which are the unlawful ones have been specifically mentioned in the Quran.Now if you are sure that Tiger meat is GOOD(which is your duty to find out) ,tasty and it wouldnt hurt your health in anyway u can go ahead and eat it. The following verses in the Quran will hopefully clear things for you.

[2:168] O people, eat from the earth's products all that is lawful and good, and do not follow the steps of Satan; he is your most ardent enemy.

Only Four Meats Prohibited*

[2:172] O you who believe, eat from the good things we provided for you, and be thankful to GOD, if you do worship Him alone.

[2:173] He only prohibits for you the eating of animals that die of themselves (without human interference), blood, the meat of pigs, and animals dedicated to other than GOD. If one is forced (to eat these), without being malicious or deliberate, he incurs no sin. GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful.

ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haris30432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 3:53am
ANCHORFREE_VERSION="502091223"
Hajj

Like all the rituals of Islam, Abraham was the first receiver of Hajj ritual. He passed these rituals from one generation to another.You can see that GOD taught Prophet Abraham the rituals of Islam in the Quran(21:73).The Hajj is no exception(22:26,27).

The Rites of Hajj in the Quran

The commencement of Hajj

[2:189] They ask you about the phases of the moon! Say, "They provide a timing device for the people, and determine the time of Hajj." It is not righteous to beat around the bush; righteousness is attained by upholding the commandments and by being straightforward. You shall observe GOD, that you may succeed. 

The 12th month of the Islamic calendar is called Zul-Hijja and it is the first of the four consecutive months 12th , 1st , 2nd and 3rd during which God decreed the Hajj.   The birth of the new moon of the month of  Zul Al-Hijja signals the beginning of the four months of Hajj.

The Duration of Hajj 

The duration of Hajj is given in 2:197 which reads:

"Hajj shall be observed in the specified months. Whoever sets out to observe Hajj shall refrain from sexual intercourse, misconduct, and arguments throughout Hajj. Whatever good you do, GOD is fully aware thereof. As you prepare your provisions for the journey, the best provision is righteousness. You shall observe Me, O you who possess intelligence."

Abstentions (Ehraam) during Hajj

Hunting is prohibited during Hajj.

"You shall not permit hunting throughout Hajj pilgrimage. GOD decrees whatever He wills. "5:1 See also 5:2 and 5:95

All warfare is prohibited in the Sacred months of Hajj except in self defense.

"They ask you about the Sacred Months and fighting therein: say, �Fighting therein is a sacrilege." 2:217

Sexual intercourse, misconduct and arguments prohibited

"....Whoever sets out to observe Hajj shall refrain from sexual intercourse, misconduct, and arguments throughout Hajj."  2:197

During Hajj, abstaining from cutting one�s hair is a requirement as per 2:196

" You shall observe the complete rites of Hajj and `Umrah for GOD. If you are prevented, you shall send an offering, and do not resume cutting your hair until your offering has reached its destination." 2:196

The �Tawaaf� (circling the Ka'ba)

Tawaf is mentioned in the following verse.

[22:29] "They shall complete their obligations, fulfill their vows, and visit the ancient shrine (Tawaf)."

The Safa and Marwah

[2:158] The knolls of Safa and Marwah are among the rites decreed by GOD. Anyone who observes Hajj or `Umrah commits no error by traversing the distance between them. If one volunteers more righteous works, then GOD is Appreciative, Omniscient."

Mount Arafat and Muzdalifah

These two rites are mentioned in 2:198:

"When you file from `Arafat, you shall commemorate GOD at the Sacred Location (of Muzdalifah)."

Mena

The visit to Mena is mentioned in the following verse:

"You shall commemorate God for a number of days (in Mena). Whoever who hastens to do this in two days commits no sin, and whoever stays longer commits no sin, as long as righteousness is maintained." 2:203

Animal Offerings

The animal offerings during hajj, see 22:36

[22:36] "The animal offerings are among the rites decreed by GOD for your own good. You shall mention GOD's name on them while they are standing in line. Once they are offered for sacrifice, you shall eat therefrom and feed the poor and the needy. This is why we subdued them for you, that you may show your appreciation

Edited by haris30432 - 10 February 2010 at 3:55am
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 4:24am
You can reply me here haris, rather than PM. I wish to continue discussions over boards rather than thru PMs.

I do hold answers to the reply you made.Alhamdullilah

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haris30432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 10:29am
Peace,

Id love to reply in the forum itself God willing.And im eager to know ur understanding.Mashallah..every oppurtunity to learn is his mercy and blessing.
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 3:16am

By the way you did not answer question about how to offer salah, {am referring to post of Br. Peacemaker} also these two questions.

Qur'an commands to chop off hands of a thief ? Shud every theif's hands  be chopped ?

Allah commands us at many places in Qur'an to obey the messenger. How shud we obey a messenger when reject all the hadiths.

Edited by seekshidayath - 11 February 2010 at 9:53am
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 10:28am

Also , haris can you prove from Qur'an that if its permitted for men to wear gold and silk ?
There is no prohibition as such mentioned in the Quran Mashallah.Men can wear silk or Gold if they want to.If there is such a prohibition please show me a clear verse in the Quran i would love to study it.

"Whoever obeys the messenger has obeyed Allah. If anyone turns away ---" - Surah Nisa 89.

This ayah teaches me to obey messenger. I try my best to obey messenger thru his sayings. - It was reported that the Prophet (peace be on him) took some silk in his right hand and some gold in his left, declaring, "These two are haram for the males among my  followers." (Reported by Ahmad, Abu Daoud, al-Nisai, Ibn Hayyan, and lbn Majah, who reports the additional phrase, "but halal for the females.")

'Umar reported that he heard the Prophet (peace be on him) say, "Do not wear silk, for those who wear it in this life shall not wear it in the Hereafter." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim. A Similar hadith is reported by them on the authority of Anas.) On another occasion, referring to a silken garment, he said, "This is the dress of a man who has no character.'' (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

What about eating meat of tiger and other carnivorous ? And yes, how shud one perform Hajj ?

Everthing thing that needs to be prohibited has been specifically mentioned in the Quran.One is free to eat any food that is LAWFUL and GOOD.Now which are the unlawful ones have been specifically mentioned in the Quran.

What do you say about this ayah - �O ye who believe! Fulfil (all) obligations. Lawful unto you (for food) are all four-footed animals with the exceptions named.� - What are these exceptions made ?

Now if you are sure that Tiger meat is GOOD(which is your duty to find out) ,tasty and it wouldnt hurt your health in anyway u can go ahead and eat it. 

Whoever the first person is to taste and get tested if that meat of tiger is good for his health, will he not get into haraam {if its later proved to be harmful for health, acc to your concept}. Like wise, does one need to eat every animal and make a test !!!

Hadiths {sayings of prophet} clearly forbid us. Infact it makes us clear which kind of animals are lawful and unlawful. Allah swt made deen easy for us, why shud one harden over oneself ?

Suppose by having mutton, one's health  gets affected, shud he state it as haraam for all or  just himself ? If that individual considers it as haraam for himself, then every muslim is to likewise make a test of every animal to be eaten !! Meanwhile, if its hurts his health {in your words}, then he tasted haraam !! What a theory of you people ! Confused

Edited by seekshidayath - 12 February 2010 at 7:01am
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 10:44am

ANCHORFREE_VERSION="502091223"
Hajj

Like all the rituals of Islam, Abraham was the first receiver of Hajj ritual. He passed these rituals from one generation to another.You can see that GOD taught Prophet Abraham the rituals of Islam in the Quran(21:73).The Hajj is no exception(22:26,27).

The Rites of Hajj in the Quran

The Duration of Hajj 

The duration of Hajj is given in 2:197 which reads:

"Hajj shall be observed in the specified months. Whoever sets out to observe Hajj shall refrain from sexual intercourse, misconduct, and arguments throughout Hajj. Whatever good you do, GOD is fully aware thereof. As you prepare your provisions for the journey, the best provision is righteousness. You shall observe Me, O you who possess intelligence."

What are those specified months. Can you let me know thru any ayah ?

" You shall observe the complete rites of Hajj and `Umrah for GOD. If you are prevented, you shall send an offering, and do not resume cutting your hair until your offering has reached its destination." 2:196

How shud one do his Umrah ? How does ayaat explain us ?

The �Tawaaf� (circling the Ka'ba)

Tawaf is mentioned in the following verse.

[22:29] "They shall complete their obligations, fulfill their vows, and visit the ancient shrine (Tawaf)."

How many times shud i do the tawaf ? Where in Qur'an is it mentioned so ? By the way, how does the ayah explain you the words in the brackets as tawaf ?

The Safa and Marwah

[2:158] The knolls of Safa and Marwah are among the rites decreed by GOD. Anyone who observes Hajj or `Umrah commits no error by traversing the distance between them. If one volunteers more righteous works, then GOD is Appreciative, Omniscient."

Again, can you let me know, how many times shud i move between Safa and Marwah ?

Mount Arafat and Muzdalifah

These two rites are mentioned in 2:198:

"When you file from `Arafat, you shall commemorate GOD at the Sacred Location (of Muzdalifah)."

How did you conclude that the sacred location is Muzdalifah ? Ayat does n't clearly tells us that its Muzdalifah, right ?

Mena

The visit to Mena is mentioned in the following verse:

"You shall commemorate God for a number of days (in Mena). Whoever who hastens to do this in two days commits no sin, and whoever stays longer commits no sin, as long as righteousness is maintained." 2:203

How do you know that its Mena ?

Also, you must not be holding any sanctity of Zam-zam, station  of Ibrahim, Black stone, stoning over satan {Rami} -- Whats the ruling for those who break the rules while hajj ? {Answer these thru Qur'an }

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic