IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Post of Haris30432  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post of Haris30432

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by haris30432 haris30432 wrote:

With all due respect,i do not wish to learn about any of the messengers of God than what is beyond the Quran.

Would like to add my two cents...

This is akin to someone in possession of a standards handbook getting the idea of practicing in that field without proper education and training in the field as prescribed by the publishers. What we call a person who doesn't care about the Messenger(saw)?... who transformed the savages into the captains of the world through painstaking span of 23 years but thinks he can be Elijah Mhmd so be it at his own peril!

There has to a be an underlying reason for that attitude of ignoring 'the MAN'... It is the mindset of people in bondage of ME! There are 22 Arab states today shaking in their boots living in the shadow of a Satanic state ...Isn't it a shameful spectacle of overfed Arabs living of the fat of the land to benefit of the Zionism...In other words ignorance is bliss for you! that is your choice and nothing can we do for you but pray!

Allah says "And We have sent you as an Apostle to instruct mankind"(4:79)

The Quran is perfect, complete and fully detailed.All the details that is required for our salvation is there in the Quran.

Of course! we don't need that be told here!

Action speaks louder than words!

Let's see there are over two dozen times  Allah commands go and fight relative to the condition the Muslim state is in at present time... I know for sure you won't be able to do so living in a Brit protectorate... So don't say what you won't do or find Taweels in not doing it!

Anything beyond that, is not necessary for our salvation.It would be hypocritical of me to say that i believe the Quran is sufficient and go to other sources for any kind of guidance.
Lot's of luck! The Burden of proof is on your shoulders! Read as follows and then look in the mirror!
33:21 (Y. Ali) Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah.

I know Prophet Muhamed was a great prophet like all others before him and that GOD gave him a wonderful character.
How do you know? There isn't much related in the Quran! You won't learn till you study his biography!
Now all that knowledge about him in the Quran is sufficient for me.
If it wasnt, Quran would have given more details.This is what i believe.
Lot of the people also say ignorance is bliss!

I fear idolizing anyone beside GOD and i mean anyone becoz THE ONLY and i mean THE ONLY UNFORGIVABLE SIN  if maintained till death is idol worship or assigning partners to GOD.
How so?
34:28 (Y. Ali) We have not sent thee but as a universal (Messenger) to men, giving them glad tidings, and warning them (against sin), but most men understand not.
I would like to bring this to your attention that the only one worthy of your full devotion and love is GOD and nobody else.There is no one after ,there is no one before.
Duh...Who are you preaching to?
"I BEAR WITNESS THAT THERE IS NO GOD BUT GOD AND HE HAS NO PARTNERS"
Now you want to us to accept your new Kalima's too! Seems you have some nefarious agenda! BTW do you belong to any of the following?
Rashad Khalifa's mission...
Pakiwaki Parveziat?

Nation of Islam?

Finally2:143 (Y. Ali) Thus, have We made of you an Ummat justly balanced, that ye might be witnesses over the nations, and the Messenger a witness over yourselves;
Masalaama

Edited by Sign*Reader - 24 February 2010 at 1:09pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 8:29am
Hi Hayfa,

I was talking about the 7 conditions to be met when taking shahada?

I don't know how to explain beyond this really. Translations are all different...ie some say that you declare Muhammed is a messenger of GOd..others say you accept Muhammed as the last prophet of GOd.

Certainly I had no instructions on anything like this at the time. Also I had not studied for any length of time beforehand. SOme say you should study before, others say it is not necessary.

Obviously I have studied since then, but it has not helped as much as I had hoped.

I am not a person to care much for worldy things..guess you know me by now for that..so it wouldn't be me rejecting certain points cause it didn't fit in with my thinking. Actually the opposite I guess...I am very conscious that I need to DO the right things..but reliable sources might not be reliable at all. I wouldn't like to follow blindly.

The Quran is not corrupted, there are no flaws right? So how can we elaborate on it with hadiths from fallible scholars? And also we know that whilst the Quran is protected from corruption Islam isn't.

I have read seerah's about the Prophet(pbuh). It's the scholars I have problems with. Hadiths change..and scholars are not always scholarly:(

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Hey Martha,

What are the "7 requirements to be muslim?" Are you talking on "basic beliefs?

Since there are 1.5 billion Muslims I found it easiest to use people I trust to find out information. And I don't use nonMuslim sources for sure.  This is how to avoid dubious sources.

And for me, I know that if something is part of Islam that is "hard" for me to "accept" i take it as me vs. the religion. I am a product of my life and so I will interpret things through that prism.  For instance, putting pictures of people up or statues etc is discouraged.  I don't think I am about to worship them, but OTHERS do. So hence the discouragement. Same with "mixing" of men and women, I won't sleep with them, but others DO. 

And there are actually very few things where things are not in agreement by the majority of Muslims. Now they may not act upon it, say drinking, but the agreement is fairly universal. In fact there are more agreements then non agreements. Typically within the "sects" has to do with "post" Sahaba time.. who is ruling etc. For instance some small groups go off tangent and follow another "prophet" after Prophet Mohammed (SAWS).

And if you read about disagreements sometimes they are on such obscure stuff, like the one in million situation that the arguments are often to argue for argue sakes.

There are very reputable sites that offer very good information and have reputable scholars. 

And if there is a particular area of Islam you want to improve for yourself there are ways to do that. Say you want to improve prayer or knowledge on history. There are classes you can take online.

May Allah reward you for your efforts.

Hayfa

Excellent points, Jazakallah
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

And for me, I know that if something is part of Islam that is "hard" for me to "accept" i take it as me vs. the religion. I am a product of my life and so I will interpret things through that prism.  For instance, putting pictures of people up or statues etc is discouraged.  I don't think I am about to worship them, but OTHERS do. So hence the discouragement. Same with "mixing" of men and women, I won't sleep with them, but others DO. 

And there are actually very few things where things are not in agreement by the majority of Muslims. Now they may not act upon it, say drinking, but the agreement is fairly universal. In fact there are more agreements then non agreements.

And if you read about disagreements sometimes they are on such obscure stuff, like the one in million situation that the arguments are often to argue for argue sakes.

Excellent points, Jazakallah

Just like Sign, wanted to say Thumbs%20Up

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
pbuh View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbuh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 3:49am
Originally posted by Full of Hopes

Salam,

Quote:-

2- WHY was every prophet sent just to his people while prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was sent to the whole mankind?

3- Why is his book the Quraan the last book kept from changing?

Reply:- about point-2 :- In my opinion Muhammad was the last prophet and no prophet will come after him, so Almighty God told this. That does not mean that he was the biggest or like this amongst the other prophets.

About point no.3 -  The same reply. As Qur�an is the last revealed book from Almighty God so��. and God himself took the responsibility to protect it as he protected the body of king Firoun. That does not mean that we should included prophets name in our daily salat prayer.

Regarding point no.4.- please read this very carefully;-

MUHAMMAD INCLUDED IN PROPHETS MENTIONED IN 3:81

God is His infinite wisdom knew that people will exalt Muhammad beyond the truth and proclaim him as last messenger as people have been doing since the time of Joseph. God's infinite wisdom saw to it that Muhammad is specifically shown to have been one of those prophets who pledged to support the messenger after all the prophets mentioned in 3:81.

[33:7] Recall that we took from the prophets their covenant, including you (O Muhammad), Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus the son of Mary. We took from them a solemn pledge.

WARNING TO THE REJECTORS OF 3:81

Verses 3:81-90

Regarding Point no.5 � Does it mean that we should included Muhammads name in our salat �� or does it mean that Muhammad was the biggest prophets??? Show proof from the Qur�an.

About point no.6 � who will tell you that prophet Muhammad will take the biggest shafa�? Please provide Quranic proof.

Edited by pbuh - 09 August 2010 at 3:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic