IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Post of Haris30432  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post of Haris30432

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:04am
Salams Sign.

You said 'What prophet(s) went through to make the delivery and establishment of Islam seems missing from you and haris'

Oh no brother! I understand and have a great love especially for the Prophet Muhammad(s) He suffered a great deal. I cannot begin to imagine it at all.

I have read some seerahs on Muhammad. And I came to know him better as a person. ANd it's best to follow his example. So...that is as far as revering goes with Muhammad isn;t it? It's when hadiths contradict, then confuse, that is my worry as such. Which are right? (did you see my other thread on Islamic scholars?)

I agree, Islam is a way of life. You don't just pick up the Qu'ran, read some and then forget Islam when you put it down. It's a 24/7 commitment. Perhaps living in the 'new Islam society' is the toughest then. How do modern day scholars teach these things from the old hadiths?

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:07am
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

The hadiths are Muhammeds words only aren;t they? Or did the words for hadiths come by way of God?

Assalamu Alalikum,

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">The Qur�an contains only Allah�s words as transmitted through the angel Gabriel to the final Messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him). Sunnah or hadith are the words, explanations, and the practices of the final Messenger (peace be upon him), inspired by Allah. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">�</SPAN><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Is every action of the Messenger Hadith? No, the Messenger had his personal opinions and advice he offered as an ordinary person does not come under Hadith. <o:p></o:p></SPAN>

Walaikum assalam,

Thank you peacemaker. Yes it is as I thought :)

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:12am

Dear FOH,

Of what should I worry? Worry is negative. It is better to be positive and try to do the best each day. Allah knows

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اللهم صلى على نبينا محمد و على آله و صحبه و سلم

Dear Martha, you should worry because it is of the signs if the true believers. They care to do what is right then worry if Allah accepts it or not. They worry if Allah forgave their sins or they will be punished for them.. They worry and pray if Allah is pleased with them or not. They worry if they are doing what pleases Him or they are doing mistakes and think they are doing what is right.

BUT just on the death bed, a Muslims must not worry.. because at that time, he did he job and can just smile be sure that he is meeting the Merciful. This is from the hadith with the meaning expect the best from Allah when you are on the death bed about to meet  Him.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:28am

I am not progressing any further forward in regards to this thread.

The Qur'an is perfect..they are words from God passed through Muhammed(pbuh)

The hadiths are Muhammeds words only aren;t they? Or did the words for hadiths come by way of God?

Hadith is his words but they are all from Allah not like anyone else who speaks from himself.

53.3  Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire.

53.4  It is no less than inspiration sent down to him:

Muhammed (pbuh) had a great mind and many opinions, but as haris has mentioned way back this does not mean we have to revere Muhammed.

The person who believes in the prophet evens loves him but not follow his hadith is wasting his time and saying what he is not applying. Allah sent the prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, to follow his actions and take his words.. not say by tongue he is a prophet and then rejecting his words and actions and say they are lies..Ouch

It sounds so similar to the Catholics with the Virgin Mary here :( I just can;t get my head around this at all.

Please sister read the whole article I added about rejecting hadith means rejecting Qurran. I  know that dear sister Mratha never rejects the hadith but Haris does..

SO just to be aware of the false believes Please give the article: To reject hadith means to  reject Quraan, one more chance to read and study very well, it answers the whole questions you added here even the one about the Catholic and he did not reply to it as you see by the way.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 9:13am
As Salamu Alaikum

Sis Martha, would like to add little {from the notes i hold }  to posts of all the members who replied you.

Aside from the the Holy Qur�an, Allah (S.W.T.)  has endowed the Prophet (s.a.w.s.)  with wisdom, the Ahadith (plural of Hadith), through which the readers can learn how he spent his life as the best example to humanity. And we all know that Prophet Muhammad is stated as an Ideal for all of us. Hadiths help us to perfect our lives.  

Hadith literally means �statement�, which is otherwise known as �Sunnah�  (a mode of life, practice, custom or tradition).  Ahadith generally refer to �the records of utterances, discourses, practices, usages, sayings and the way of life led by the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.)  ever since he assumed prophethood in the fortieth year of his life (609 A.C.) to the year of his death (632 A.C.) when he was 63 years old.�  (M. Azizullah, 1972, p.1)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 9:14am

Insha Allah, the following quote shall help you get clarified, sis Martha..

H. A.  Gibb, a scholar from the West, presents  an objective analysis of this fact (S. A. Husain, 1975, p. 5):

�The Qur�an is comparatively short and even in this small book the greater part has no direct bearing on dogmatic, ritual legal, political and social questions. The general principles by which all these matters should be regulated are to be found in the Qur�an but not all of them are set out with equal clearness and detail. It is, therefore, essential to interpret and elaborate the relevant texts. The natural, and indeed, the only possible, interpreter whose judgment can be trusted is the Prophet through whom they were revealed. According to the Qur�an itself the Prophet was possessed not only of the kitab, the written book  but also of the hikma, the wisdom, whereby ultimate principles can be applied to the details and episodes of ordinary life.  Consequently, his actions and sayings, transmitted by chain of reliable narrators form a kind of commentary and supplement to the Qur�an.�

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
haris30432 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haris30432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 9:30am
Arent these verses from GOD enough for one to believe that the Quran is not just perfect but complete and fully detailed??.

[6:114] Shall I seek other than GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed?* Those who received the scripture recognize that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbor any doubt.
Tahir ul Qadri

(فرما دیجئے:) کیا میں اﷲ کے سوا کسی اور کو حاکم (و فیصل) تلاش کروں حالانکہ وہ (اﷲ) ہی ہے جس نے تمہاری طرف مفصّل (یعنی واضح لائحہ عمل پر مشتمل) کتاب نازل فرمائی ہے، اور وہ لوگ جن کو ہم نے (پہلے) کتاب دی تھی (دل سے) جانتے ہیں کہ یہ (قرآن) آپ کے رب کی طرف سے (مبنی) برحق اتارا ہوا ہے پس آپ (ان اہلِ کتاب کی نسبت) شک کرنے والوں میں نہ ہوں (کہ یہ لوگ قرآن کا وحی ہونا جانتے ہیں یا نہیں)

Yousuf Ali Say: "Shall I seek for judge other than Allah? - when He it is Who hath sent unto you the Book, explained in detail." They know full well, to whom We have given the Book, that it hath been sent down from thy Lord in truth. Never be then of those who doubt.

[7:52] We have given them a scripture that is fully detailed, with knowledge, guidance, and mercy for the people who believe.

وَلَقَدْ جِئْنَاهُم بِكِتَابٍ فَصَّلْنَاهُ عَلَى عِلْمٍ هُدًى
وَرَحْمَةً لِّقَوْمٍ يُؤْمِنُونَ
[7:52]
We have given them a Book of knowledge that explains the Guidance in full detail. It is a Mercy for those who accept it. (It has the Power to change Hellish societies into Paradise on earth.)

[6:38] All the creatures on earth, and all the birds that fly with wings, are communities like you. We did not leave anything out of this book.** To their Lord, all these creatures will be summoned.

وَمَا مِن دَآبَّةٍ فِي الأَرْضِ وَلاَ طَائِرٍ يَطِيرُ بِجَنَاحَيْهِ إِلاَّ أُمَمٌ أَمْثَالُكُم مَّا فَرَّطْنَا فِي الكِتَابِ مِن شَيْءٍ ثُمَّ إِلَى رَبِّهِمْ يُحْشَرُونَ﴿

There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end.

i have given substantial evidence from the quran in support of my claims in this discussion.And i have full faith in those who are blessed with knowledge that they will understand perfectly what the above means.I wish to no longer continue this discussion as i have done my duty towards you.There is no compulsion in religion.So i leave it to all of you to understand and study on your own.May GOD guide you.

Salam. 

Edited by haris30432 - 13 February 2010 at 12:06am
ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2010 at 4:58am
Same thing again Haris. I wish you to post that PM sent here at discussions boards. By the way am very allergic to Taher-ul-Qadri. So don't quote him to me, kindly. Anyways, i shall reply you only when you share the same discussion here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic