IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Post of Haris30432  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post of Haris30432

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 1:26pm
Walaikum assalam,

Dear sister, you are so kind to be concerned. I did read Haris' posts..and is why I wanted to reply.
I do not worry what Allah will ask of me. I do not seek anything other than the Qur'an. For 6 years I have been confused as to why scholars are so different. For me they are not necessary. God's word through HIs messengers only is enough for me. And Haris has helped solidify my thoughts on this.

Bless you sister for your love.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

I do not worry what Allah will ask of me.

OK dear, be careful of this sentence. You are a Muslim and you must worry.

And yeah I did not tell you to reject Quraan, I just told you that you need the hadith as well to be a Muslim. You need to beieve in everything came from prophet Muhammed peace be upon him.

Did you read my post above?

We all need more knowledge cause this knowledge is the weapon that we fights the false with it. Without knowledge, we will be affected by anyone.
  Alhamdulillah, You can be perfect in Quraan and perfect in Hadith as well. I know you can do it..

Peace.
 Allah Hafiz..

BUT you know what dear sister,

....I never saw anyone say: OK, I do not know. Let me ask.
   People talk from their own minds and opinions more than going back to Qura'an and Hadith. I see religion and people say,, Oh I like this and I do not like that. While the signs of TRUE believers that they just say: ACCEPTED.

I saw sooooo many many arguments between Muslims and non-Muslims and NO ONE, said ok I believe, OK you are right... which is hopeless.Cry Non-Muslims are helped by the shytan always to answer even if it is nonsense.
 May Allah forgive me and all Muslims here and guide the lost into the truth.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 06 February 2010 at 2:00pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 2:25pm

Dear FOH,

Of what should I worry? Worry is negative. It is better to be positive and try to do the best each day. Allah knows
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 6:33pm

Everyone,

Please discuss one point at a time, being as specific as possible. Furthermore, please keep in mind the rule:

4. When discussing issues dealing with Islam, please support your comments with the Quran or Sunnah. Mocking any Quranic reference, Hadith, scholar, or member will not be tolerated. If you are stating something about a religion, please list your source. If it is an opinion, please state this fact.

Guidelines

Now back to the topic:

harris 30432,

(I have slightly edited my last post here, the verse was 57:7 and not 57:5: http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16275&PN=5)

"Believe in Allah and His apostle, and spend (in charity) out of the (substance) whereof He has made you heirs. For, those of you who believe and spend (in charity),- for them is a great Reward." Qur'an 57:7

�O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the apostle, and make not vain your deeds!�

Qur�an 47:33

"�And We have sent down unto you (O Muhammad) the Reminder, that you may explain clearly to men what is sent down to them, and that they may give thought." Qur�an 16: 44

"�(And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination." Qur�an 4: 59

"Whoever obeys the Messenger, has obeyed Allaah." Qur�an 4: 80

As can be seen, the verse clearly says Allah and apostle. If the Qur�an is only what Allah wanted, why was the need for the Messenger to spend 23 years to explain it? Why wasn�t it delivered just in one shot?

You should be a role model to deliver a divine message. I give you a simple example. If you want to learn driving and just read a manual, can you learn it without any instructor�s help? And if some are really exceptional to do so, most people are not, they need to learn driving by the help of an instructor.  

Now talking about the divine matters, much more important compared to the simple example given earlier, there has to be someone to explain the Qur�an. That is why there was a Messenger to do so. The Messenger was the role model. He explained everything by practically showing it to the people so that they could believe, or at least there would be no valid reason for the disbelievers not to believe. For it would be a different thing to reject the message out of arrogance. Basically, the hadith and sunnah are the interpretations of the Qur�an.

Here is an example:

�And establish the prayers and give Zakaah (the obligatory charity) and bow with those who bow [in worship and obedience].�

Qur�an 2:43

The command related to how to establish prayers is found in sunnah, not in Qur�an. The sunnah contains �How�, �When�, �Who� of the directive.  

Islam is a way of life. So, we needed the Messenger to explain to us every aspect of our lives.  

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
haris30432 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haris30432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 10:25pm
Peace,

The command related to how to establish prayers is found in sunnah, not in Qur�an. The sunnah contains �How�, �When�, �Who� of the directive.  

Islam is a way of life. So, we needed the Messenger to explain to us every aspect of our lives.

From your post it is very clear that your messenger now is not the Quran but the Hadith and Sunnah.I am very curious to know if the Hadith explains all the 114 chapters in the Quran.As fas as i know,the hadith barely explains(i doubt that :D) half the Quran.What about the rest????  Who is going to explain the rest??

ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 3:41am
Originally posted by haris30432 haris30432 wrote:

Peace,

From your post it is very clear that your messenger now is not the Quran but the Hadith and Sunnah.I am very curious to know if the Hadith explains all the 114 chapters in the Quran.As fas as i know,the hadith barely explains(i doubt that :D) half the Quran.What about the rest????  Who is going to explain the rest??

You didn�t answer my question. You are only beating about the bush. Where is the directive to offer the prayers with regards to �how�, �when�, and �who.� As I mentioned earlier, you should be specific and answer what is being asked. Please don�t waste your time and mine as well.

Peace
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 8:47am
Assalam alaikum,

OK, now I am confused peacemaker. Why does the group the Nation of Islam say all sects of Islam are false? (Though logically it would make sense there should only be one)BTW I came upon the site whilst researching hadiths/sunnahs

My question then is are there other Islamic groups that do not follow hadiths and sunnahs? And why is that? As, to be honest, I would also say that it is logical not to use anything other than the Qu'ran. Perhaps I am missing something [IMG]smileys/smiley5.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by peacemaker - 07 February 2010 at 9:01am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 9:04am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Assalam alaikum,

OK, now I am confused peacemaker. Why does the group the Nation of Islam say all sects of Islam are false? (Though logically it would make sense there should only be one)BTW I came upon the site whilst researching hadiths/sunnahs

My question then is are there other Islamic groups that do not follow hadiths and sunnahs? And why is that? As, to be honest, I would also say that it is logical not to use anything other than the Qu'ran. Perhaps I am missing something [IMG]smileys/smiley5.gif" align="middle" />

Martha,

As per the rules of the forum, I had to delete the link.

"We request you not to post URLs of sites the sole existence of which is to slander a religion or spread lies about it. Even if the intention is good. Doing so means promoting the site for free."

There are many such groups that have been declared non-Muslims by the consensus of Islamic scholarship. With regards to your question, please follow the thread and read my previous post. Hadith and Sunnah are basically the interpretation of the Qur�an.

May Allah guide us all.           

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic