IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Post of Haris30432  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post of Haris30432

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 9:13am
As Salamu Alaikum

Sis Martha, would like to add little {from the notes i hold }  to posts of all the members who replied you.

Aside from the the Holy Qur�an, Allah (S.W.T.)  has endowed the Prophet (s.a.w.s.)  with wisdom, the Ahadith (plural of Hadith), through which the readers can learn how he spent his life as the best example to humanity. And we all know that Prophet Muhammad is stated as an Ideal for all of us. Hadiths help us to perfect our lives.  

Hadith literally means �statement�, which is otherwise known as �Sunnah�  (a mode of life, practice, custom or tradition).  Ahadith generally refer to �the records of utterances, discourses, practices, usages, sayings and the way of life led by the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.)  ever since he assumed prophethood in the fortieth year of his life (609 A.C.) to the year of his death (632 A.C.) when he was 63 years old.�  (M. Azizullah, 1972, p.1)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:28am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

I am not progressing any further forward in regards to this thread.

The Qur'an is perfect..they are words from God passed through Muhammed(pbuh)

The hadiths are Muhammeds words only aren;t they? Or did the words for hadiths come by way of God?

Hadith is his words but they are all from Allah not like anyone else who speaks from himself.

53.3  Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire.

53.4  It is no less than inspiration sent down to him:

Muhammed (pbuh) had a great mind and many opinions, but as haris has mentioned way back this does not mean we have to revere Muhammed.

The person who believes in the prophet evens loves him but not follow his hadith is wasting his time and saying what he is not applying. Allah sent the prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, to follow his actions and take his words.. not say by tongue he is a prophet and then rejecting his words and actions and say they are lies..Ouch

It sounds so similar to the Catholics with the Virgin Mary here :( I just can;t get my head around this at all.

Please sister read the whole article I added about rejecting hadith means rejecting Qurran. I  know that dear sister Mratha never rejects the hadith but Haris does..

SO just to be aware of the false believes Please give the article: To reject hadith means to  reject Quraan, one more chance to read and study very well, it answers the whole questions you added here even the one about the Catholic and he did not reply to it as you see by the way.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:12am

Dear FOH,

Of what should I worry? Worry is negative. It is better to be positive and try to do the best each day. Allah knows

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اللهم صلى على نبينا محمد و على آله و صحبه و سلم

Dear Martha, you should worry because it is of the signs if the true believers. They care to do what is right then worry if Allah accepts it or not. They worry if Allah forgave their sins or they will be punished for them.. They worry and pray if Allah is pleased with them or not. They worry if they are doing what pleases Him or they are doing mistakes and think they are doing what is right.

BUT just on the death bed, a Muslims must not worry.. because at that time, he did he job and can just smile be sure that he is meeting the Merciful. This is from the hadith with the meaning expect the best from Allah when you are on the death bed about to meet  Him.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:07am
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

The hadiths are Muhammeds words only aren;t they? Or did the words for hadiths come by way of God?

Assalamu Alalikum,

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">The Qur�an contains only Allah�s words as transmitted through the angel Gabriel to the final Messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him). Sunnah or hadith are the words, explanations, and the practices of the final Messenger (peace be upon him), inspired by Allah. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">�</SPAN><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Is every action of the Messenger Hadith? No, the Messenger had his personal opinions and advice he offered as an ordinary person does not come under Hadith. <o:p></o:p></SPAN>

Walaikum assalam,

Thank you peacemaker. Yes it is as I thought :)

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:04am
Salams Sign.

You said 'What prophet(s) went through to make the delivery and establishment of Islam seems missing from you and haris'

Oh no brother! I understand and have a great love especially for the Prophet Muhammad(s) He suffered a great deal. I cannot begin to imagine it at all.

I have read some seerahs on Muhammad. And I came to know him better as a person. ANd it's best to follow his example. So...that is as far as revering goes with Muhammad isn;t it? It's when hadiths contradict, then confuse, that is my worry as such. Which are right? (did you see my other thread on Islamic scholars?)

I agree, Islam is a way of life. You don't just pick up the Qu'ran, read some and then forget Islam when you put it down. It's a 24/7 commitment. Perhaps living in the 'new Islam society' is the toughest then. How do modern day scholars teach these things from the old hadiths?

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 4:45am

Assalamu Alalikum,

The Qur�an contains only Allah�s words as transmitted through the angel Gabriel to the final Messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him). Sunnah or hadith are the words, explanations, and the practices of the final Messenger (peace be upon him), inspired by Allah.  

Is every action of the Messenger Hadith? No, the Messenger had his personal opinions and advice he offered as an ordinary person does not come under Hadith.

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 11:17pm

I am not progressing any further forward in regards to this thread.
I can see why!

The Qur'an is perfect..they are words from God passed through Muhammed(pbuh)
OK ! then Islam is a way of life not just listening of words those passed through Mhmd(s) It covers the whole gamut from cradle to grave and hereafter; the relationships and functioning of home and state and contracts...The Quran provides the constitution and science of sunnah comes up with the case law...that is where rubber hits the road meaning after the witnessing how to conduct oneself in new Islamic society...The problem has risen in the nueva riche in  places like ME they want no case law and want to interpret things on their own!  I hope this will sufice for now!
It is a mix bag, need to double check!

Muhammed (pbuh) had a great mind and many opinions, but as haris has mentioned way back this does not mean we have to revere Muhammed.
What do you mean by revering? IMHO the problem with haris types is that they forget all the respect and power came to Arabs  cuz of Mhmd(s), When they became negligent of ways of Mhmd(s) they became despised! Any wonder with all the petro dollars they can't handle Israel cuz they are enslaved as neo colonies! Of course some are living high on the hog but have no say about their own future...They building the Tower of Babel when there is much ignorance and poverty in the Muslim lands...Without the love of the prophet(s) in heart no one can taste the faith in it's true dimensions...A member of clergy has Rev. infront of his name but haris is talking about no reverence about Mhmd(s)...Ouch This reminds me of the colonial times talk, o well... 
 It sounds so similar to the Catholics with the Virgin Mary here :( I just can;t get my head around this at all.
Wrong comparison...What prophet(s) went through to make the delivery and establishment of Islam seems missing from you and haris ... I think you need to start a good book on seerah and before you ge to the end every quandary will find its clue...OK C ya

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by haris30432 haris30432 wrote:

Yes, there are many verses in the Qur�an that are of general nature and that are self-explanatory. For example, don�t lie etc. Then there are the verses that have a context, and that need to be explained further. Others require procedural explanation. 

Well i dont know if this is the right place and ur free to move it if its not. Can u please explain the below verse for a start.And then God willing i will post some more so that you can help me learn the real meaning behind them.

[25:30] The messenger* said, "My Lord, my people have deserted this Quran."

OMG I thought you were smarter than that bro!
It is so simple if one reads the section from #21...it is even pretty clear for illiterate person like me! This is about the people who would abandon Islam after finding the light  being in the company of the worldly friends...If you want the  particular case then you go to the sunnah commentators and find in this case it was about "Uqba" The conversation is between Allah and the Prophet(s)
Got to run..be back

Edited by Sign*Reader - 11 February 2010 at 9:25pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic