IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need help  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNeed help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 9:42am
"The Prophet never urinated in standing position" (Hanbel 6/136,192,213).
"The prophet urinated in standing position" (Bukhary 4/60,62).

The prophet, peace be upon him had a pain in his knee which is hard for him to sit with, so that he urinated standing.
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 9:46am
 "Do not eat and drink with your left hand, because Satan eats and drinks with the left hand" (Hanbel 2/8,33). How convenient for lefties , but what's the fuss, they only make up 15-25% of the population.

Please explain your question, I do not understand it here..
  But when someone wants to please Allah, Allah makes it soo easy for him. I know many lefties who are so happy with eating with their right hands. Even some lefties like to practice doing many other things with their right hands, some can write and draw even.. it is not hard..Smile

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
calvindamenace View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

"I am the most honorable messenger, on the day of the judgment only I will think of my people" (Bukhary 97/36).

First of all thanks for tthe answer, but as far as I see it totally contradicts with quran cause it stated clearly in it that there's no distinction between prophets. Here are verses:

"The Messenger (Muhammad) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in All�h, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say, "We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers" - and they say, "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)." 2:285

"Say (O Muslims), "We believe in All�h and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibr�him (Abraham), Ism�'il (Ishmael), Ish�que (Isaac), Ya'q�b (Jacob), and to Al-Asb�t [the twelve sons of Ya'q�b (Jacob), and that which has been given to M�sa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Isl�m)." 2:136

"Do not make any distinction among the messengers; I am not even better than Jonah" (Bukhary 65/4,5; Hanbel 1/205,242,440).

The scholars of hadiths answer you question about this as some people ask this like you:

�they said: in case some people want to lower the position of the prophets peace be upon them, or abuse any other prophet saying he is lower positions tell him this hadith: Do not make any distinction among the messengers; I am not even better than Jonah.

Trust me, this verse of hadith is not about any other prophet but Muhammad. So, what other prophets are you trying to connect to it?

But in case someone wants to abuse the prophet's high position or deny it, you will need this hadith: "I am the most honorable messenger, on the day of the judgment only I will think of my people"

What high position? Again it contradicts quran. There is no distinction between them. There are no "high" or "low" prophets, don't you understand?

That is why dear brother we need to know more about the events and be soooo knowledgeable when� we talk about hadith,, because the hadith and even the aya is not separated form the event and the time to use it.

It is hadith+ an event+ the time to use it.

that is why, my dear brother, the ignorant come and say.. hey we got a contradiction because they do not understand.

Pretty conviniet to have two explanations I tell you. And it's even better to have 'em stated as correct ones at the same time, even that they both contradict each other. Can it get any better for a scholar?

Edited by calvindamenace - 05 March 2010 at 7:32pm
calvindamenace View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 7:12pm

"Do not eat and drink with your left hand, because Satan eats and drinks with the left hand" (Hanbel 2/8,33). How convenient for lefties , but what's the fuss, they only make up 15-25% of the population.

Please explain your question, I do not understand it here..
� But when someone wants to please Allah, Allah makes it soo easy for him. I know many lefties who are so happy with eating with their right hands. Even some lefties like to practice doing many other things with their right hands, some can write and draw even.. it is not hard..

It wasn't a question, it was more of a statement. It's just wierd that God made 'em lefthanded and makes 'em eat with a right hand , but I think I already know what you gonna answer me on this one - it's how God tries 'em out, right? To see if they are good folowers.. I think it's more of a custom.. see when when toilet paper wasn't invented yet, people used different stuff to clean themselves, "in India and other middle eastern countries, even today, the preferred method is to wipe using nothing but your left hand and water and then of course wash your hand well afterward and don’t handle any food or the like with your left hand; as such, people who are left handed tend to be forced to become right handed early on in those regions." So, maybe that's why you shouldn't eat with left hand?

Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 12:14am
Originally posted by calvindamenace calvindamenace wrote:

"I am the most honorable messenger, on the day of the judgment only I will think of my people" (Bukhary 97/36).

First of all thanks for tthe answer, but as far as I see it totally contradicts with quran cause it stated clearly in it that there's no distinction between prophets. Here are verses:

"The Messenger (Muhammad) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in All�h, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say, "We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers" - and they say, "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)." 2:285

"Say (O Muslims), "We believe in All�h and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibr�him (Abraham), Ism�'il (Ishmael), Ish�que (Isaac), Ya'q�b (Jacob), and to Al-Asb�t [the twelve sons of Ya'q�b (Jacob), and that which has been given to M�sa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Isl�m)." 2:136

BUT dear brother the Quraan is clear about this also in this aya:

تِلْكَ الرُّسُلُ فَضَّلْنَا بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ ۘ مِّنْهُم مَّن كَلَّمَ اللَّهُ ۖ وَرَفَعَ بَعْضَهُمْ
دَرَجَاتٍ ۚ وَآتَيْنَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ الْبَيِّنَاتِ وَأَيَّدْنَاهُ بِرُوحِ الْقُدُسِ ۗ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلَ الَّذِينَ مِن بَعْدِهِم مِّن بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَتْهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ وَلَـٰكِنِ اخْتَلَفُوا فَمِنْهُم مَّنْ آمَنَ وَمِنْهُم مَّن كَفَرَ ۚ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلُوا وَلَـٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَفْعَلُ مَا يُرِيدُ

(2:253)  Those apostles We endowed with gifts, some above others: To one of them Allah spoke; others He raised to degrees (of honour); to Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear (Signs), and strengthened him with the holy spirit. If Allah had so willed, succeeding generations would not have fought among each other, after clear (Signs) had come to them, but they (chose) to wrangle, some believing and others rejecting. If Allah had so willed, they would not have fought each other; but Allah Fulfilleth His plan.

So as you see dear brother, Allah in Quraan tells us that some of them are above some. So you just need to be back to what i said before if you really the truth.

We as believers believe in all prophets peace be upon them and we are not allowed to deny any prophet, that is the aya that you mentioned: We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers"

Then Allah put some above some according to his wisdom, masha Allah

Pretty conviniet to have two explanations I tell you. And it's even better to have 'em stated as correct ones at the same time, even that they both contradict each other. Can it get any better for a scholar?  
I think I answered you very clear if you wish to know the truth,,And I told you that you need to know the purpose of a hadith beofre using it. this is what we call: the Munasbah: The time this hadith was said and why. Smile

Edited by Full of Hopes - 06 March 2010 at 3:37am
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 12:25am

Anyway, dear brother I am so busy to come here all the time. I told you before get to know a scholar and ask all of your questions. It is here like you will not finish with the questions because to learn Islam, you need to talk to someone face to face. Smile

Then you need to be honest with  yourself and ask yourself: Do you ask to know the truth? or Ask to show that Islam is not the truth?
  If you mean the first then you will find it, in sha Allah. Juat keep trying.Smile

But if you want the second, you will never reach it if you spent ages here. Confused

Edited by Full of Hopes - 06 March 2010 at 3:44am
haris30432 View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 2:45am

Peace,

The verse(22:253)points out clearly that GOD gave certain ranks to certain messengers.And this is absolutely true but you seem to miss the point here.God has the right to make a distinction amoung his messengers.He spoke to Moses and he called Abraham a dear friend etc etc.So it is he who has the only right to make any kind of distinction amoung messengers.It is very clear that as believers,we cannot make any such distinction amoung the messengers of GOD.For us they are all equal.I would like you to show a verse where believers are given the right to make any such distinction.

Peace!

ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 6:11am
It is impossible to speak face to face with a muslim if there are none in your area.
That is often why reverts come here..to learn.
Do any scholars come here to teach? MAybe they should?
THe forum itself would be a good place for them to get the truth across. MAybe that could be suggested?

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic