IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am the Resistance  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am the Resistance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 10:29am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

I'll take the best construction; and assume your humor is "gallows humor" about your rape analogy.

Inspired ofcourse by the clueless nonviolentists' logic. 

Keeping with your example of rape, is it better to resist and die? 

Does resistance necessarily result in death? And is it better to be sitting ducks and allow violence to happen?

I would hope Palestinians would seek a route for a future other than misery and death. 

Yeah and the Palestinians on the scene, who know better about the ground realities, have made their decision regarding whats best for them now...if only people could respect that.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 1:06pm
Wow, Saladin, I only wish I could be so confident about what the Palestinian people want.  Seems to me that for years a corrupt PA decided for them, and now, Hamas/Abu Mazen..... no less corrupt and inept; "know better about the ground realities......." or do they really?
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 7:14am
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 7:15am
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 2:53pm
The grandson of Gandhi finds the Palestinian Gandhi.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2010 at 7:07am
Richard Cohen:
"Those of us who have watched Israel trying to control the West Bank have always wondered why the Palestinians have not tried passive resistance. This is what Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King did - and Israel is weak in the way Britain and America are. It has a conscience."

Edited by abuayisha - 16 April 2010 at 7:08am
SteppeNomad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2010 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Richard Cohen:
"Those of us who have watched Israel trying to control the West Bank have always wondered why the Palestinians have not tried passive resistance. This is what Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King did - and Israel is weak in the way Britain and America are. It has a conscience."
Conscience Israel that burns little babys? Confused

Ya Allah, Bismillah, AllahuAkbar.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic