IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mathematical Miracle of the Quran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mathematical Miracle of the Quran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 11:39am
Originally posted by haris30432 haris30432 wrote:

Peace,

I clearly see that you are just ignoring the very most important parts of my post and picking and choosing from it to give replies.Its really sad that ppl when something so clear and significant is shown to them, disregard it totally calling it numerical play around or magic.For me, this attitude from ppl only confirms the below verses from the Quran.

[37:15] They say, "This is obviously magic!

[38:4] They wondered that a warner should come to them, from among them. The disbelievers said, "A magician; a liar.

[40:24] To Pharaoh, H�m�n, and Q�roon. But they said, "A magician; a liar."

[43:30] When the truth came to them, they said, "This is magic, and we are disbelievers therein."

[43:49] They said, "O you magician, implore your Lord on our behalf, since you have an agreement with Him (to relieve this plague); we will then be guided."

[46:7] When our revelations were recited to them, perfectly clear, those who disbelieved said of the truth that came to them, "This is obviously magic!"

[51:39] But he turned away, in arrogance, and said, "Magician, or crazy."

[51:52] Consistently, when a messenger went to the previous generations, they said, "Magician," or, "Crazy."

[52:15] Is this magic, or do you not see?

[54:2] Then they saw a miracle; but they turned away and said, "Old magic."

[23:67] You were too arrogant to accept them, and you defiantly disregarded them.

[74:24] He said, "This is but clever magic!

Peace.!

The one that you showed is not magic not extra ordinary. Just a normal things. Scholars said that, after Prophet Muhammad PBUH era, Allah no longer use miracle or other extra ordinary things to convince people to follow His path. At the same times Allah no longer use "calamity" to punish people who are not following His path. Perhaps, because the human's brain has develop very far to understand his "sign" and his existence without any extra ordinary "show".

Edited by semar - 26 January 2010 at 11:47am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
haris30432 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haris30432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 3:44am

"Scholars said that, after Prophet Muhammad PBUH era, Allah no longer use miracle or other extra ordinary things to convince people to follow His path." 

The fact that you follow whatever your so called scholars say show to me that there is practically no use showing God's miracle to you.God has already revealed the fate of those who follow their leaders disregarding their Lord's revelations in the below verses.

33:64] GOD has condemned the disbelievers, and has prepared for them Hell.

[33:67] They will also say, "Our Lord, we have obeyed our masters and leaders, but they led us astray.

[34:32] The leaders will say to those who followed them, "Are we the ones who diverted you from the guidance after it came to you? No; it is you who were wicked.

[40:48] The leaders will say, "We are all in this together. GOD has judged among the people."

==================================================

[21:37] The human being is impatient by nature. I will inevitably show you My signs; do not be in such a hurry.

Do u think that in the above verse GOD is only talking to the the human being before Muhammed and not after.How can u conclude that by signs God does not mean miracles?

You say that there is nothing extraordinary in the mathematical miracle of the Quran.I wud like to put forth the same challenge that GOD put to all disbelievers.Create one surah (Chapter) with a similar mathematical composition i showed you (by God's leave) and i will accept that this miracle is nothing but a waste of time other wise you fail(which you will ofcourse).

You also claim that Allah will not use any calamity to punish ppl after Muhammed.Im very much eager to know on what basis did u come to this conclusion?. Or is it again your scholars who told u this????If so,please see the Quranic verses below. 

[44:10] Therefore, watch for the day when the sky brings a profound smoke.*

[44:11] It will envelop the people; this is a painful retribution.

[44:12] "Our Lord, relieve this retribution for us; we are believers."

[44:13] Now that it is too late, they remember! An enlightening messenger had come to them.*

[44:14] But they turned away from him, saying, "Well educated, but crazy!"

[44:15] We will relieve the retribution for awhile; you will soon revert.

[44:16] The day we strike the big stroke, we will avenge.

The above verses are clearly about a retribution that is to come.Not something that happened during Muhammad's time.A prophecy which is yet to be fulfilled.but only...
[14:52] This is a proclamation for the people, to be warned herewith, and to let them know that He is only one god, and for those who possess intelligence to take heed.

Peace!

ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 9:44am
Salam,
Don't be wrong. I am a Muslim. I believe Quran was revealed by Allah as human guidance. It has many special things such as the beauty of the rhyme, the rich of content etc.

However the one that you try to show about the magical number, is not part of the special, it's NOT SPECIAL, it's just " fabricated matching theory" and fully coincidence and every one can find similar matching on any books or any subjects.

By the way this is not news, here one of history OF NUMERICAL PLAYING AROUND, that posted by Br. Yusuf, who once was a literary scholar:
======================== Start Quote

Assalamu alaikum,

In all seriousness, akhi, john's drivvel is not a new phenomenon. When I was a literary scholar, I was researching an eccentric poet who was also a mathematician. He was attempting to use linear equations to demonstrate mathematically predictable rhythms in history. He came up with a few interesting collations: the French Revolution occured 6 to the 6th power days before the russian revolution (which, to suit his own wacky theory, he changed to "3 times three to the power of 3 times 3). But as I went over his calculations concerning various events, it became clear that one can manipulate numbers to suit any theory, and further selectively choose events that support one's theory and exclude those that don't.

Leo Tolstoy, the great Russian thinker who rejected all the superstitions of the Christian Church, wrote a passage in War and Peace that mocks this st**idity very eloquently, demonstrating that a person can make numbers mean whatever he wishes:

One of his brother Masons had revealed to Pierre the following prophecy concerning Napoleon, drawn from the Revelation of St. John.

In chapter 13, verse 18, of the Apocalypse, it is said:

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

And in the fifth verse of the same chapter:

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

The French alphabet, written out with the same numerical values as the Hebrew, in which the first nine letters denote units and the others tens, will have the following significance:

a       b       c       d       e      f      g     h     i     k
1       2       3       4       5      6      7     8     9    10
l       m       n       o       p      q      r     s
20      30      40      50      6      70     80    90
t       u       v       w       x      y      z
100    110     120      130     140    150    160

Writing the words L'Empereur Napoleon in numbers, it appears that the sum of them is 666, and that Napoleon therefore the beast foretold in the Apocalypse. Moreover, by applying the same system to the words quarante-deux, * which was the term allowed to the beast that "spoke great things and blasphemies," the same number 666 was obtained; from which it followed that the limit fixed for Napoleon's power had come in the year 1812 when the French emperor was forty-two. This prophecy pleased Pierre very much and he often asked himself what would put an end to the power of the beast, that is, of Napoleon, and tried by the same system of using letters as numbers and adding them up, to find an answer to the question that engrossed him. He wrote the words L'Empereur Alexandre, La nation russe and added up their numbers, but the sums were either more or less than 666. Once when making such calculations he wrote down his own name in French, Comte Pierre Besouhoff, but the sum of the numbers did not come right. Then he changed the spelling, substituting a z for the s and adding de and the article le, still without obtaining the desired result. Then it occurred to him: if the answer to the question were contained in his name, his nationality would also be given in the answer. So he wrote Le russe Besuhof and adding up the numbers got 671. This was only five too much, and five was represented by e, the very letter elided from the article le before the word Empereur. By omitting the e, though incorrectly, Pierre got the answer he sought. L'russe Besuhof made 666. This discovery excited him. How, or by what means, he was connected with the great event foretold in the Apocalypse he did not know, but he did not doubt that connection for a moment. His love for Natasha, Antichrist, Napoleon, the invasion, the comet, 666, L'Empereur Napoleon, and L'russe Besuhof- all this had to mature and culminate, to lift him out of that spellbound, petty sphere of Moscow habits in which he felt himself held captive and lead him to a great achievement and great happiness. (Book Nine, Chapter 17).

As for me, I'm going to spend the rest of the day doing what the Holy Qur'an truly enjoins: taking care of my family and trying to devote my life more fully to Allah, not trying to determine if the cosine of the cube root of the number of verses in Sura Baqara is equal to the factoral of my hat size.

=====================End Quote

To read more about this topic here the link:

Again, basically this "playing around with number" is not new, and not belong to "muslim" only. Quran has many special things, but this "playing around number" not part of it, because nothing special about it.

Edited by semar - 27 January 2010 at 2:28pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

haris30432 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haris30432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 10:15pm

What you have shown in your post is nothing compared to what i presented in my previous posts.What i have presented are physical FACTS!You also havent answered any of my questions.Please review the below questions again and try to come up with a logical answer to them from the Quran.So far you have made no good points.

b) How many letters are there in the opening statement of the Quran i.e.,
Basmalah? Why do your ancient scholars (Fahreddin er Razi, Qurtubi etc.)
who counted the letters of Basmalah agree on 19 letters? Why after the
discovery of the miracle do you refute your respected ancient scholars?

c) 786 is the gematrical value of Basmalah used by Muslims to represent the
Basmalah. How many letters does this famous number represent?

d) Why do you fail in counting the 19 letters of Basmalah which is a very
simple and very obvious physical fact?

e) Almighty God in 74:31 gives us a list of functions of the number "19".
This is what "19" will do: 1) Disturb the disbelievers. 2) Establish
certainty in the hearts of the believers, the Jews, and the Christians,
concerning the divine origin of the Quran. 3) Strengthen the faith of the
faithful. 4) Remove all doubt from the hearts of the believers, and the
Jews, and the Christians. 5) Expose the hypocrites and the disbelievers who
claim with their lip service to be believers; they will not accept the
19-based miracle. The mathematical miracle of the Quran fulfills all these
functions one by one. The question to the Muslim scholars who reject God�s
miracle is: How will the number 19 establish certainty in the hearts of
people? How will the number 19 remove all doubt from the people�s heart?
How will the hypocrites be exposed? What are the functions of your 19?

) The reason for your rejection of this great miracle has been explained
in 74:31; 7:146 and 6:25. Why do you not kill your ego, and purify your
heart?

g) How was the prophecy of 10:20; 27:93 & 41:53 fulfilled?

h) Is it not significant that the same 19-based mathematical composition
was discovered by Rabbi Judah in the 12th century AD in a preserved part of
the Old Testament? (See Studies In Jewish Mysticism, Association for Jewish
Studies, Cambridge, Mass., Joseph Dan, page 88, 1982).

i) What do you think about the Quranic prophecy on this discovery which
confirms the mathematical miracle of the scriptures?: "Proclaim: �What if
it is from God, and you disbelieved in it? A witness from the Children of
Israel has borne witness to a similar phenomenon, and he has believed,
while you have turned too arrogant to believe. God does not guide the
wicked.� " (46:10).

j) What do A.L.M., HH.M., Y.S., Q. mean? Why is the Quranic expression
"These are the miracles �ayaat� of this book" found ONLY in conjunction
with Quranic initials? (10:1; 12:1; 13:1; 15:1; 26:1-2; 27:1; 28:1-2;
32:1-2).

K) Becca and Mecca

If you read the Quran from cover to cover, you only find two references to the Sacred Masjid by name and it is spelled two ways, first, in chapter 3:96 spelled Becca and then in 48:24 spelled as Mecca.Why is this so????

Peace!

ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 12:26am

Salam,

Let we stop here. Please believe what you believe, this is not very important subject, this claim correct or not doesn't affect the ummah neither good or bad. 

However spending time on this too much will not good for the ummah. Other community already go to the moon, we only claimed that the astronauts found miracle in the moon.

Allah ask us to "conquer" the earth and beyond by using "sunatullah" (Allah's law or in secular term is natural law) not using miracle.

If we are too busy finding miracle, we lost the opportunity to achieve "rahmatan lil alamiin" (blessing for the universe) like that had been achieved by early Muslim ummah. They achieved that because they worked hard not because "miracle". If we don't work hard, not only we can not achieve "blessing for the universe" but became burden for the universe.

So again lets go back to work!! Learn and apply "sunatullah" insha Allah we can become "rahmatan lil alamiin".

Edited by semar - 29 January 2010 at 12:57am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic