IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - little humor for the day  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

little humor for the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: little humor for the day
    Posted: 25 July 2005 at 1:25pm
Well, ok, it's not really funny, but I think there is something in most of us that will see a bit of comic relief in this tale, and maybe a little lesson to be learned:

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said, "Stop! Don't do it!"

"Why shouldn't I?" he said.

I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"

He said, "Like what?"

I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?"

He said, "Religious."

I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

He said, "Christian."

I said, "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

He said, "Protestant."

I said, "Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

He said, "Baptist!"

I said, "Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

He said, "Baptist Church of God!"

I said, "Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God!"

I said, "Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"

I said, "Die, heretic scum!" and pushed him off.

Some people before you asked questions, and on that account lost their faith.
Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 1:27pm
Its great, allthough i think we muslims need to look at ourself with the same glasses lol

Peace
Noah
Raman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 2:58pm
Good joke...

You should apply it to yourself when you condemn others of blasphemy...
copenhagen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Raman Raman wrote:

Good joke...

You should apply it to yourself when you condemn others of blasphemy...

Who was that comment directed to?

I think you just pointed out the comedy of the skit -- someone is always willing to say someone else is wrong, but unwilling to look at oneself. And one is always willing to draw silly lines in the sand of "truth".

if that was your intent, you are very smart, and I thank you for pointing out this problem of "holier than thou"

Peace and love, really, upon all who read this :)

Sam
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Noah Noah wrote:

Its great, allthough i think we muslims need to look at ourself with the same glasses lol

Noah, you are a man of wisdom worthy of your namesake. But, all wisdom aside, did the story draw a slight smile to your face :) Sick world, dude, gotta admit.

On a more serious note:

Can you answer me this riddle? Why we you often refer to humanity as children of Adam? Aren't we more-so children of Noah?

If you don't want to answer, I'll accept a good joke :) Or a kind word :P

Peace.

Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 7:03pm
Noah, you are a man of wisdom worthy of your namesake. But, all wisdom aside, did the story draw a slight smile to your face :) Sick world, dude, gotta admit.

Peace Copenhagen...i live there btw ;)
thank you for such kind words, to wich i am not worthy.
Yes i cracked up laughing, its great in all its horror, and it applies equally well to muslims.

Are you relegious, yes..grat so am i
are you muslim ..yes...great so am i
are you sunni ..yes. great so am i
are you salafi ...yes ..great so...etc...
in the end one brother would still push the other over the edge. Not over the words of God, but the words of men.

Quote On a more serious note:

Can you answer me this riddle? Why we you often refer to humanity as children of Adam? Aren't we more-so children of Noah?

Thats a great question, and i realise that i have no knowledge on the subject. I will do some research and return with an answer, if God so wills.

Quote If you don't want to answer, I'll accept a good joke :) Or a kind word :P

You can have both. I enjoy your posts with their down to earth style and warm humour. As for a joke...its a quote, but its terrible :D

"I have never slept with an ugly woman in my life....But oh God have i woken up next to many"

terrible, but i love it :D

Peace
Noah

Peace.

[/QUOTE]
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 9:35pm

It is all meaningless, I have a friend who is dead.

No chance to play these nice word games of who is the big god, he thought jesus is god, now he is dead. I don't care that I thought him a fool. I don't care that I think his politiclic reason is wrong. He is dead. He was killed by a muslim on orders from God. On orders from GOD?
Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by copenhagen copenhagen wrote:

It is all meaningless, I have a friend who is dead.

No chance to play these nice word games of who is the big god, he thought jesus is god, now he is dead. I don't care that I thought him a fool. I don't care that I think his politiclic reason is wrong. He is dead. He was killed by a muslim on orders from God. On orders from GOD?

get real bro. Osama and Bush are both on a mission from God aswell. personally i dont trust either as far as i could throw them. And as for God speaking to them. I dont think so, but scitzophrenic paranoia can be treated today, so the voices doesnt have to be a problem to any of them, or the man who killed your freind.

I dont know what happened to your freind, but i condole, as is the best that i can do atm. If you want to talk about it PM me and lets exchange msn, and have a talk.

Peace
Noah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic