IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quran & Sunnah, the only source of guidan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quran & Sunnah, the only source of guidan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imran1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quran & Sunnah, the only source of guidan
    Posted: 19 March 2005 at 3:29am
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is reported to have said:� I declare obligatory upon you five things; Allah (SWT) has commanded me to do so. They are: organization, listening, obeying, making Hijrah, and making Jihad for the cause of Allah�

Surah Al-Anfal: Anfal: 20. O you who believe! Obey Allah and His Messenger, and turn not away from him while you are hearing. Anfal: 21. And be not like those who say: "We have heard,'' but they hear not. Anfal: 22. Verily, the worst of living creatures with Allah are the deaf and the dumb (the disbelievers), who understand not. Anfal: 46. And obey Allah and His Messenger, and do not dispute (with one another) lest you lose courage and your strength departs, and be patient. Surely, Allah is with the patients.)

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

Though the Quran was revealed 1400 years back, but the beauty of Quran is that we can analyze our current situation in context of Quranic Ayah�s & Quran will remain the source of guidance till the day of Qiyamah!

The Ayah & the Hadith mentioned above are of great significance in our practical life & if followed can without any doubt solve all the problems which we as an Ummah are facing. If we read the Hadith & Ayah�s we come to know that these are a mere reflection of each other.

The Hadith mention�s five things:

1)Organization Unity�� one Ummah under the umbrella of Islam

2)Listening Prophet Muhammad listen�s to Allah & ultimately we listen to him

3)Obeying The purpose to listen is to obey, so obeying what Prophet Muhammad ordered

4)Hijrahsupreme Hijrah� to give up whatever Allah doesn�t like & the ultimate Hijrah� if necessary than to migrate to friendly place in order to accumulate and concentrate all the available resources for the establishment of Deen.

5)Jihad : supreme Jihad� to struggle against ones own baser self and to make it obedient to Allah & the ultimate Jihad� if a time comes to confront the forces of Kufr and Shirk, and to fight and clash with these forces and to risk their very lives in doing so, then this will be the final and ultimate stage of Jihad.

If we make a sincere analysis of all the 5�s, we come to know that we are seriously lacking in all the 5�s.Organiztion which reflects the unity� is completely missing in us. We are busy fighting each other on the basis of sunni/shia/wahabi etc.( Listening & Obeying seems to be an uphill task for us, in first place we do not listen i.e. we lack the knowledge of Islam & if even some people have gained the knowledge it�s difficult for them to obey. Hijrah again we have neglected the supreme Hijrah & are striving for the final one in other sense i.e. not making Hijrah for the sake of Deen but for a better lifestyle (though I personally know many ppl�s whose Iman went sky high in non-Muslim countries). Jihad a mere reflection of Hijrah� supreme jihad neglected & striving for the final one. We want to jump to the 2nd step without going through the 1st step.

These facts are also being highlighted in the above Ayah�s,
Surah Anfal20/21: ask�s believer�s to listen & obey Quran & Sunnah, though we verbally affirm listening & claims to have knowledge but when it come�s to obeying it�s really hard due to our own baser self.
Surah Anfal: 22 label�s disbelievers as the worst coz they don�t wanna understand, imagine what words will suite us coz we are believers yet we don�t want to understand.

Surah Anfal 46: again orders to follow Quran & Sunnah, making it clear that it�s the unity with which success comes, with out unity our strength/courage vanishes as we can see it with our own eyes the results of being not united. We ask ouself�s these days why isn�t Allah�s help with us this Ayah finally makes it clear that Allah�s help is with the patience and not with the desperation.

May Allah swt have mercy on us & give us the courage to follow Sunnah in it�s complete sense.

Your brother:

Imran Saeed.

(I�m greatly indebted to the books/lectures of those great religious scholars whose guidance lead me to make a brief analysis of our current situation in the light of Quran & Hadith. My salaam & My respect for them)
M_Hafez View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M_Hafez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 3:48am

You Extremely Right

jazaka allahu khyraa akhi

I Love Khaled Ebn Al Waleed
     ( Sword Of Allah)
UmmNoel View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmNoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 6:41pm
Hello I am a non muslim. I have a question as I am now learning a lot about Islam and one day Insha Allah will be converting to this beautiful religion. I would like to know what Sunnah is? Sorry if I may sound dumb
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 7:53pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim

Hello UmmNoel,

It is the responisbility of every individual to understand the Creator, the purpose of ones creation, and the ultimate destiny of one. You are indeed on a fascinating and soul searching journey, learning about Islam.

May you be guided to the path of righteousness, through His will and assistance.

Originally posted by UmmNoel UmmNoel wrote:

Hello I am a non muslim. I have a question as I am now learning a lot about Islam and one day Insha Allah will be converting to this beautiful religion. I would like to know what Sunnah is? Sorry if I may sound dumb

The literal meaning of the word *sunnah* is the way.

In the context of Islam, mostly this is used for the ways of our holy prophet (SAW). It includes, his habits, his choices, etc, that ideally explain the manner in which he led his life.

It is of utmost necessity for a muslim to follow on the footsteps of the prophet, because a muslim needs to follow the Quran, down to every letter. In this Quran, it has been stated that one is required to follow the Prophet(SAW)

I hope this answers your question.

If you have anyother questions, or want to discuss matters of concern, please feel free to post in appropriate forums.

Peace,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 10:06pm

Originally posted by UmmNoel UmmNoel wrote:

I have had to ask the same exact question not long ago to a Muslim brotha.  Do not feel ashamed or dumb, for this is new to you and you would have no reason to know these things before discovering the truth.  May Allah and the angels guide you to the straight path protected by Allah.

Islam is the truth.  Discover it!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic