IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Someone Please Help A Lost Soul  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Someone Please Help A Lost Soul

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christainwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Someone Please Help A Lost Soul
    Posted: 25 July 2005 at 12:30pm
courier2RED
I am a Christian Woman and in love with a Muslim man. I just recently been studying about Islam. The more I learn about it, the more people in my family I tend to lose. My mom is my best friend and I am so close to losing her. I can't lose her. So much about Islam confusses me and so much I don't understand. I am losing the people I love and it is tearing me apart. Today she hasn't talked to me at all because she found some books in my room about Islam. I cry every night. I'm in and out of the hospital from stress, nose bleeds, panick attacks. It just never ends. How can I find peace with this. How can I keep the ones I love? I am a lost soul trying to find her way home and don't know the way. Please someone help me???
Taryn
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 1:46pm

Christainwoman,

Pray!  And when you think you have prayed all you can, pray some more.  With a sincere heart, ask Allah (God) to guide you to what is best for you according to His Will.  As long as you choose what Allah knows is best for you, how can you go wrong?

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
christainwoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christainwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 2:06pm
But what about my family and everyone I love?! If I lose them then I have nothing left in me!
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 2:32pm

Christainwoman,

That is why I said to pray to Allah for what is best for you according to His Will.  Sometimes life brings us hard choices but we must decide regardless.  I simply believe that in such hard positions it is best to present such matters to Allah and beg Him to guide you in making the right decision.  I am a newly reverted Muslim from the US.  I have not even told my family yet because I know what they will say.  So, I'm only focusing on strengthening my understanding and religious path (deen) at this time.  I have faith that when the time is right, Allah will guide me to reveal my faith to them.  I know they will not approve, but I must do what I know is right for my own soul.  I know your case is slightly different because you are not a Muslim and you also are considering marrying a Muslim.  But look at it on the positive side, at least you have a man to be there to comfort, support and help you through this bump in the road with your family.  I'm sure once they see how happy you are and that this man will treat you wonderfully, they will begin to feel different.  Pray on these things because Allah always knows what is best.

PAZ, Khadija

Edited by Khadija1021
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
J.R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 2:51pm
Assalamu Alaikum,

I am also a revert to Islam. It took me two years to work up the strength to tell my
parents I'm Muslim. My family are very devote, practicing Catholics with even some
members of the clergy amongst them. I don't know why it took me two years but when
the time was right I felt it in my heart. I tried to give them signs along the way to
"soften the blow" but when I revealed to them who I am it was a total shock. It took my
mom a few months to get around talking to me, that was after a series of nasty emails.
The crying didn't stop there with her. When I moved back into my house there were
still moments of anger and sadness from her.
I just started wearing hijab full-time andn ow my family won't even email me. My
mother says she will never look at me again and the brother I have always been close to
has also turned his back on me, insulted my intelligence, and bashed my faith. I can't
even imagine how many nights I have spent crying over this. I miss my mom so much
and i miss holding her and my father. If I email my dad with a specific question he'll
reply, but nothing from her.
I'm not saying my story should make yours any easier. I did this because I know God
comes first. Without God, we wouldn't have our families. Ask yourself, would you be
thinking of reverting to Islam if this man was NOT in your life? God forbid, if you were
to break up, would you still pursue Islam? It must be for yourself. You have to take
things day by day and always show love to your family even when they show you anger.
I pray in time my family will wise up and see they're missing out on their only
daughter's life. If God is calling to you, you are not lost. You are chosen.

Peace,
J.R.
Smile
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:39pm
Don't convert for love thats all I have to say!!!! I converted after marraige and after my first child, solely for me and not for my husband. By that time we were all ready married and my family didn't think he was trying to change me or anything. If you don't want to convert than don't and give it time, maybe be engaged. If you decide to convert you can wait until you are leaving your parents home and get married. IF your husband makes a sincere effort to love your family and be helpful to them and treat you well they will God willing come around.PEace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
christainwoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christainwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 5:37pm
I am doing this for me!! Not for the man I want to be with. All my life I've been confussed about this and then when I finally found out what was true, I'm having trouble holding onto it.
Rose View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 11:13pm

Salam,

I can't describe how I feel just reading your posts. I could just feel how strong you are all,converting to Islam, it isn't easy.

You are so lucky to feel this, my eyes are filled with tears....

I am born muslim and I need to still learn soo much, and trust me nothing is easy in life.

I truely wish you all the best, and I pray for you, christainwoman.

A thorn defends the rose,harming only those who would steal the blossom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic