IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Someone Please Help A Lost Soul  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Someone Please Help A Lost Soul

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 5:03pm
Dear Christianwoman,

You can read the life story of sister Aminah.
http://www.welcome-back.org/profile/aminah1.shtml

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 8:27am

Originally posted by christainwoman christainwoman wrote:

courier2RED
I am a Christian Woman and in love with a Muslim man. I just recently been studying about Islam. The more I learn about it, the more people in my family I tend to lose. My mom is my best friend and I am so close to losing her. I can't lose her. So much about Islam confusses me and so much I don't understand. I am losing the people I love and it is tearing me apart. Today she hasn't talked to me at all because she found some books in my room about Islam. I cry every night. I'm in and out of the hospital from stress, nose bleeds, panick attacks. It just never ends. How can I find peace with this. How can I keep the ones I love? I am a lost soul trying to find her way home and don't know the way. Please someone help me???
Taryn

Honestly, take a break! learn to relax and get back to the simple things in life, turn back to the things you love to do, cause honestly that will help  

It's not going to be the end of the world if you take a break from learning islam. I went thru something similar and felt that it was damaging me and I had to pull away. 

Talk to your mum, or in a letter if that is better, perhaps she is more afraid of losing you.

There is alot in islam to learn, even muslims themselves don't know everything  trust me I've been here and interacted with muslims here close to 4 years now and some don't understand some things. Don't expect you yourself to do, because you can't, you do your best. I also think you are taking a lot of things to heart, because you love this muslim man, and perhaps hope one day you'll be together, so you image all these things in your head (forgive me if I am wrong) and its all overwhelming and this is where your confusion is coming and you'll losing yourself in it. The best thing is to take a break and learn to re-relax. Listen to your body it tells you what it needs.

maybe it is also best to lay out your concerns here, books are not the only way to learn.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
christainwoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christainwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 6:11pm
I want to thank all of you for your advice. To the one that wrote that last post...you are right. My mind is lost in dreams. I have always wanted this ,as in a man that will care for me and love me, and now i have it my mind is all over the place.
About my mom, yes I have talked to her and tried to get her to read the things I am. It did not work and when I attempted to talk she had everything BUT positive things to say.
I took a break to breath and now starting back up again. I am trying and want to understand.
Thank you all again
You are wonderful people
Taryn
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2005 at 5:14am

Bismillah,

Dear Taryn, I agree that coming to this forum and also taking it easy are the best things you can do. 

Allah, SWT, (Subhanna Wa Ta'la), which is a praise to Allah, wants for you to be at peace.  The devil wants us to worry and despair.  Take it easy.  Take deep breaths.  And others may laugh, but exercise in times of stress is usually very beneficial.  Even 10 to 20 minutes can change your outlook and take away the blues and worries you have.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic