IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - discussion of cultural differences  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

discussion of cultural differences

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 3:19pm

Dear All,

I think we can ignore ZamanH comments on this matter, from very beginning I knew him,  he is "anti western culture", in his opinion muslim who live in the west, their "islamic quality" is "questionable". In his mind muslim in India is the best one. You can prove it by reading his post from his very early post.

Edited by semar
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 3:25pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Originally posted by ummsaleh ummsaleh wrote:

Lots of Muslim American women in Saudi,Kuwait and Bahrain. All of my husbands male family members wish to have a Religious American wife, also lots of requests at work.....

I am dreadfully curious, ummsaleh - do you have any idea why the men there desire a religious American wife?  What is different about American women that they can't get from a "home grown" gal?  And if they are all marrying American women, who is left for the Saudi, Kuwaiti and Bahrani women to marry?

I would be most curious to hear any ideas about this, perhaps because I find it rather sad (for the women there who may not be able to find a husband!).  Thanks for any insight you might offer about this.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 4:36pm
You can find the "hasema" (swimming dress for ladies) in these web sites;

http://www.hasema.com/shopen/products.asp?cat=1&pg=1
http://www.hasema.com/en/default.asp

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 7:22pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah,

When a person paints everyone with one brush, refusing to acknowledge the versitality and variety within people s/he is only fooling her/himself ... remaining in ignorance, and rejecting the real picture of truth.

There are several middle eastern muslim men, who go to the US for the temptation of "green card", the security of life and its luxury, traping western women im marriage. There are several cases of sisters reverted to islam  who are either dumped or tortured by their middle eastern muslim husbands.

If there are western women, who reverted to islam just for the sake of marriage, and never acceted the real islamic tradition, there may be equal number of examples (if not more) of muslim men who have illtreated their pious believing muslim revert wives. It is wrong, unjust, and unethical from both sides of the coin. 

To give someone a proposal to marriage with the condition of reverting to Islam is from the sunnah of the prophet (SAW). Ummul momineen hadrath Juwariyah (RAA) was given the proposal to marriage by rasul allah (SAW), if she would accept Islam which she did, the marriage that benefited her entire tribe - an event recorded in hadith!

Islam is not designed to condemn mixed marriages. Furhtermore our religion encourages  spreading of religion. It gives several general guidlines for treating, encouraging, and assimilating reverts.

I dont fully understand the challenges of reverts in accepting and precticing Islam, but I have tremendous respect for them having chosen this beautiful deen from their understanding, learning, and wisdom.

If Islam was dying in the west, it would not have been the fasted growing religion here at the same time. Alhamdulillah, there are several great contemporary scholars in the west, who are not only true muslims, but are running several zawiyah - on no profit - to do the sevice of allah by spreading His deen in this part of the world.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 7:51pm

I am sorry but thinking as Eastern muslims are better muslims (!) than Western Muslims is just an arrogance (kibr) which is one of the greatest sins in Islam!

I am so proud of my revert sisters and brothers, mashallah..
They have great effect on me as living islam and being a good example. They are like teachers for me.. Elhamdulillah..

ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 4:12am
As Salaam Alaikum,
Too many responses, I cannot answer them all. Just to clarify, I consider WEst to be evil, that does not mean, I believe, there are no WEsterners who can be considered to be good. I only say they are practically insignificant.
Just as the Kingdom of Pharoah is considered evil, although, there were some people who lived in it and were good, or, ARabs were considered ignorant before Muhammad (S.A.W.S) started preaching Islam to them; so should be the WEst considered evil.
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
J.R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 4:27am
Whatever, buddy.
Smile
aisha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 4:46am
salaam,have you heard the saying zamanh,when you point remember three fingers pointing back at you.its people like you who make others belive that racisim is good,im from the west born in england,would you like it if i said india is evil,i guess not.there has to be something wrong when a muslim starts to be racist, many of poeple have been saved due to the west and the good thing is isalm can be practised freely. 
aisha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic