IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Djinn  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Djinn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DrJPB View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrJPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Djinn
    Posted: 03 April 2010 at 1:19pm
TheGuy, i only want to encourage you to try to communicate with the creator of all, Allah (God), i am sure you will get your answers. But please do it with full faith. I am sure that you will get what you are looking for.
Good luck.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 7:25pm
If God has said, bear is haram for you to eat because it does not have divided hooves. For me that's the end of it. I will not look into it more, not because I am closing my view on it, but because to me that is enough to stop me from eating bear meat. God's command for me means serious business. Also because God has clearly stated that the things made clear to you, don't complicate them.
And of course I am not stopping you to what you do, I am only telling you what a Muslim answer is to your question.
And as a fellow human I am suppose to pass that knowledge to others, you. So I can no longer be held accountable for why I did not tell you the truth. What you do with it is your part to answer in front of the maker!

Hasan 

Edited by honeto - 15 January 2010 at 7:28pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

TheGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 6:08pm
If bears are of no importance to you, because you live in the desert and there are none, but they are natural creatures and made by God..

Then, if you need to learn about bears, or as in my case a bear wanders into your life..

Then, wouldn't it be wise to learn about bears?

Smile

Didn't the original man have knowledge of all of creation?  If not, how did he name all the animals, and etc.?  I'm just not buying the weak arguments that God doesn't want man to know about Djinn..

Edited by TheGuy - 11 January 2010 at 6:35pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 5:35pm
Guy,
I understand your quest to know the "Djinn".  I am sure if it was in our interest to know them, God would have mentioned it and provided us with needed information other than what God has already told us.
There are things that Quran makes clear such as Only One Creator, God Almighty, who is not born, who does not have off spring and that its Only God our Creator that we should rightfully worship. Have you grasped those things that are made clear and repeated over and over in different ways so we can have a good sense of them?
I don't see anywhere in the Quran that God will hold one responsible for not communicating with Djinns? But He will hold us responsible for misdirected worship or wrong acts. So, from a Muslim's point of view, the issue you raise is of no importance as there are many other issues that will be enough to occupy a believer's life.
As I said if it was of any importance to us, God would have let us known of that.
Only what most of us have already mentioned from the Quran is all we can say.
I don't mean to discourage you from what you think or do of Djinns, but only show what I as a Muslim think of it.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 11 January 2010 at 5:46pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

TheGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 12:14pm
Chrysalis, ok, thanks for all your help in this endeavor.  But, I think I've gone as far as I can from the Muslim end, there seems to be a limit in place as to how much information is available to Muslims.  And, some of the information is contradictory or not clear, so I need to find another source besides the Quran.  Also, I think that's a BS excuse to say you can't have a two way conversation with a being that you believe exists, either he does or doesn't and if he does then you can talk to him.  And, if someone else has in the past, then there's no reason to not be able to now.  You may limit yourself and have a false belief placed in you by others saying you can't do this or that, but I do not, so I will attempt also to communicate with Allah along with the Djinn.

Again, I thank all of you for your time, and for discussing this with me.  It has been enlightening, and I think the path is now clear that I must travel, and I think I have enough information to make contact with these beings.

Approve
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 4:12am
The above post contains both Qur'anic verses as well as Hadith (Prophet Muhammad's sayings). It is mentioned along with the texts. (if its a hadith, it says so . . . verse numbers denote Qur'an verses). Both are considered reliable & authentic by us Muslims.

Iblis was not an angel, he was a Jinn. According to a summary of various sources - he used to be very obedient to Allah, and was thus allowed access the heavens where the Angels resided. He used to be a leader of the Jinn. However, because of his apparent "worship" & "obedience" he fooled himself into thinking he was better than others and couldn't go wrong. He also prided himself over his creation out of fire and "superiority" over all others. (his vice was arrogance & superiority). So when Adam was created, and Allah gave him a status higher than that of all other creations, he refused to submit.

You cannot have a two-way conversation with Allah . . . The way we communicate with Allah, is simply to pray to Him, confess/talk/vent - with the faith/belief that He will accept our prayers & set things right. We don't expect an "Answer". We cannot receive revelations from Allah, the way Prophet Muhammad or other messengers did.

One way to seek help from Allah is through a prayer called "Istikhara". There is a format for that - and its pretty short. However the centre of all ibadah (worship) in Islam is "belief/faith" in Allah & the purity of intention. Without this, the prayer is pretty much useless. Can provide details later if you wish.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
TheGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2010 at 12:38am
Ok.  Thank you for that compilation.  Is that all the Qur'an, or also other texts, if other also which are they?

Some of it seems contradictory, an example being where it says all the angels should bow, except Iblis doesn't which contextually assumes he is an angel.  Ok, but then he's NOT an angel?  Which is it?  Is he both an angel AND a Djinn?

Reading all of that just leads to more questions, and I'm not sure I can ever find a straight answer, so I will attempt to contact this Djinn nightly before sleep and if I find a realistic summoning ritual like the one in The Greater Key of Solomon, I may try it. 

I don't sense anything evil afoot, so I assume the Djinn attempting to communicate with me is a  "believer" or at least not evil/a shaitan. 

I wish there was more information on this.  Maybe Allah himself can share something on this topic.  What is the best way to communicate with him as this Muhammad did?

Thanks for the thorough post.

Edited by TheGuy - 09 January 2010 at 12:39am
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 11:24pm
More about the Jinn from various Muslim sources:  (Excerpts taken from Muttaqun.com, blue font is mine)

Book - "The World of the Jinn and Devils", p. 7
Ibn Abdul Barr said, "The jinn, according to the scholars of the language, are of different types:
  1. If one is mentioning the jinn purely of themselves, the are called jinni.*

2. If one is mentioning the jinn that live among mankind, they are called aamar whose plural is amaar.

3. If one is mentioning the ones that antagonize the young, they are called arwaah.

4. If one is mentioning the evil ones that antagonize humans they are called shaitan for the singular [and shayateen for plural].

5. If they cause even more harm and become strong, they are called afreet."**

**An Ifr�t (strong) from the jinns said: "I will bring it to you before you rise from your place (council). And verily, I am indeed strong, and trustworthy for such work." [The Noble Qur'an 27:39]

However we understand that the shaitan among the jinn antagonize humans, not that they are kind beings who accidentally mess up on occasion.  Those who seek aid (such as asking for favors or making request) from the jinni will find deception and a twisted type of aid that doesn't really meet the requestor's original request, but that satisfies the shaytaanic (satanic/evil) jinn's desire for evil.

Narration - Reported by al-Tahhaawi in Mushkil al-Athaar, 4/95, and by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 22/214

Abu Tha�labah al-Khushani said: �The Messenger of Allaah May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him said: �The jinn are of three types: a types that has wings, and they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey.[Shaykh al-Albaani said in al-Mishkaat (2/1206, no. 4148): al-Tahhaawi and Abu�l-Shaykh reported it with a saheeh (saheeh = authentic) isnaad]

The Origin of the Jinn

The jinn are NOT fallen angels.  They were created from a smokeless flame of fire. The first recorded jinn to be disobedient is Iblis (a.k.a Satan).  Disbelieving, disobedient jinn and humans are known as shayateen (satans).

The Noble Qur'an - Ar-Rahmaan (name of Chapter or "Surah" of the Quran) 55:15, 15

He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery.

And the jinns did He create from a smokeless flame of fire.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Hijr 15:26-42

26. And indeed, We created man from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.

27. And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame of fire.

28. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "I am going to create a man (Adam) from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.

29. "So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him."

30. So, the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together.

31. Except Ibl�s (Satan), - he refused to be among the prostrators.

32. (All�h) said: "O Ibl�s (Satan)! What is your reason for not being among the prostrators?"

33. [Ibl�s (Satan)] said: "I am not the one to prostrate myself to a human being, whom You created from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud."

34. (All�h) said: "Then, get out from here, for verily, you are Raj�m (an outcast or a cursed one)." [Tafs�r At-Tabar�]

35. "And verily, the curse shall be upon you till the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)."

36. [Ibl�s (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day they (the dead) will be resurrected."

37. All�h said: "Then, verily, you are of those reprieved,

38. "Till the Day of the time appointed."

39. [Ibl�s (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Because you misled me, I shall indeed adorn the path of error for them (mankind) on the earth, and I shall mislead them all.

40. "Except Your chosen, (guided) slaves among them."

41. (All�h) said: "This is the Way which will lead straight to Me."

42. "Certainly, you shall have no authority over My slaves, except those who follow you of the Gh�w�n (Mushrik�n and those who go astray, criminals, polytheists, and evil-doers, etc.).

Solomon's Experience with the Jinn

Allah made all the jinn subservient to the Prophet Sulaimaan (Solomon), a gift from Allah, swt, that will never be granted to another after him.

The Noble Qur'an - Saad 38:35-39
35. He said: "My Lord! Forgive me, and bestow upon me a kingdom such as shall not belong to any other after me: Verily, You are the Bestower."

36. So, We subjected to him the wind, it blew gently to his order whithersoever he willed,

37. And also the Shay�tin (devils) from the jinns (including) every kind of builder and diver,

38. And also others bound in fetters.

39. [Saying of All�h to Sulaim�n (Solomon)]: "This is Our gift, so spend you or withhold, no account will be asked."

The Noble Qur'an - Saba' 34:12-14

12. And to Solomon (We subjected) the wind, its morning (stride from sunrise till midnoon) was a month's (journey), and its afternoon (stride from the midday decline of the sun to sunset) was a month's (journey i.e. in one day he could travel two months' journey). And We caused a fount of (molten) brass to flow for him, and there were jinns that worked in front of him, by the Leave of his Lord, and whosoever of them turned aside from Our Command, We shall cause him to taste of the torment of the blazing Fire.

13. They worked for him what he desired, (making) high rooms, images, basins as large as reservoirs, and (cooking) cauldrons fixed (in their places). "Work you, O family of D�wud (David), with thanks!" But few of My slaves are grateful.

14. Then when We decreed death for him [Sulaim�n (Solomon)], nothing informed them (jinns) of his death except a little worm of the earth, which kept (slowly) gnawing away at his stick, so when he fell down, the jinns saw clearly that if they had known the unseen, they would not have stayed in the humiliating torment.

The Noble Qur'an - An-Naml 27:17-19

17. And there were gathered before Sulaim�n (Solomon) his hosts of jinns and men, and birds, and they all were set in battle order (marching forwards).

18. Till, when they came to the valley of the ants, one of the ants said: "O ants! Enter your dwellings, lest Sulaim�n (Solomon) and his hosts crush you, while they perceive not."

19. So he [Sulaim�n (Solomon)] smiled, amused at her speech[] and said: "My Lord! Inspire and bestow upon me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favours which You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds that will please You, and admit me by Your Mercy among Your righteous slaves."

Every human has a partner Jinn

Hadith - Sahih Muslim 6757, Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud, similar narration 6759 by 'Aisha, r.a.
Allah's Apostle May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him said: There is none amongst you with whom is not an attache from amongst the jinn (devil). They (the Companions) said: Allah's Apostle May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him with you too? Thereupon he said: Yes, but Allah helps me against him and so I am safe from his hand and he does not command me but for good.

Distancing Oneself

Fiqh 4.124
Anas reported that the Prophet May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him said, "The barrier between the eyes of the Jinn and the nakedness of the Children of Adam is [created] when a Muslim discards a garment and says, 'In the name of Allah besides Whom there is no other god'." (Ibn As-Sinni)

Hadith (Hadith= sayings of Prophet Muhammad)- Ahmad, an-Nasa'i, Dawud, al-Hakim and al-Baihaqi
Qatadah related from 'Abdullah ibn Sarjas who said, "The Messenger of Allah forbade urination into a hole." Said Qatadah, "What is disliked about urinating into a hole?" Said he, "It is the residence of the jinn." [Ibn Khuzaimah and Ibn as-Sakin classified it as sahih]

More About the Jinn

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 4:533, Narrated Jabi bin 'Abdullah May%20Allah%20be%20pleased%20with%20him

The Prophet May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him said, "Cover your utensils and tie your water skins, and close your doors and keep your children close to you at night, as the Jinns spread out at such time and snatch things away. When you go to bed, put out your lights, for the mischief-doer (i.e. the rat) may drag away the wick of the candle and burn the dwellers of the house." Ata said, "The devils." (instead of the Jinns).

Hadith - Sunan of Abu Dawood, Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri
Muhammad ibn AbuYahya said that his father told that he and his companion went to AbuSa'id al-Khudri to pay a sick visit to him. He said: Then we came out from him and met a companion of ours who wanted to go to him. We went ahead and sat in the mosque. He then came back and told us that he heard AbuSa'id al-Khudri say: The Apostle of Allah May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him said: Some snakes are jinn; so when anyone sees one of them in his house, he should give it a warning three times. If it return (after that), he should kill it, for it is a devil.

Hadith - Al-Muwatta 54.33
...The snake stirred on the end of the spear and the youth fell dead. No one knew which of them died first, the snake or the youth. That was mentioned to the Messenger of Allah May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him said, "There are jinn in Madina who have become muslim. When you see one of them, call out to it for three days. If it appears after that, then kill it, for it is a shaytan." "'

Hadith - Muwatta, 49.21
...Shaytan does not open a locked door or untie a tied knot, or uncover a vessel.

Hadith - Tirmidhi #350
Allah's Messenger May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him said: Don't cleanse yourself with dung or with bones for that is the food of your brothers from amongst the Jinn. [Transmitted by Tirmidhi, Nasa'i with this exception that he did not make mention of: The Food of your brothers from amongst the jinn.]

The Noble Qur'an - Ar-Rahmaan 55:56
Wherein both will be those (maidens) restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn yatmithhunna (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse) before them.

Hadith - Abu Dawood 1046, Narrated Ali ibn Abu Talib

Ali said on the pulpit in the mosque of Kufah: When Friday comes, the devils go to the markets with their flags, and involve people in their needs and prevent them from the Friday prayer. ...

The Noble Qur'an - As-Saaffaat 37:158
And they have invented a kinship between Him and the jinns, but the jinns know well that they have indeed to appear (before Him) (i.e. they will be brought for accounts).

The Noble Qur'an - Huud 11:119
Except him on whom your Lord has bestowed His Mercy (the follower of truth - Isl�mic Monotheism) and for that did He create them. And the Word of your Lord has been fulfilled (i.e. His Saying): "Surely, I shall fill Hell with jinns and men all together."

The Noble Qur'an - Al-An'aam 6:130, 131
O you assembly of jinns and mankind! "Did not there come to you Messengers from amongst you, reciting unto you My Verses and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours?" They will say: "We bear witness against ourselves." It was the life of this world that deceived them. And they will bear witness against themselves that they were disbelievers.

This is because your Lord would not destroy the (populations of) towns for their wrong�doing (i.e. associating others in worship along with All�h) while their people were unaware (so the Messengers were sent).

The Noble Qur'an - Al-A'raaf 7:179
And surely, We have created many of the jinns and mankind for Hell. They have hearts wherewith they understand not, they have eyes wherewith they see not, and they have ears wherewith they hear not (the truth). They are like cattle, nay even more astray; those! They are the heedless ones.

Fortune-tellers/Soothsayers

Hadith - Al-Bukhari 7.657, Narrated 'Aisha, r.a.
Some people asked Allah's Apostle (saaws) about the foretellers. He said. -They are nothing." They said, -O Allah's Apostle! Sometimes they tell us of a thing which turns out to be true." Allah's Apostle said, "A Jinn snatches that true word and pours it into the ear of his friend (the foreteller) (as one puts something into a bottle). The foreteller then mixes with that word one hundred lies."

Muslim Jinn

The Noble Qur'an - Az-Zaariyaat 51:56
And I (All�h) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).

Hadith - Tirmidhi #861, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah, Tirmidhi (famous muslim narrator/scholar of hadith) reported and said: This is a gharib hadith. (i.e. there is room for doubt in the transmission/source of this Hadith)

Allah's Messenger May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him came out to his companions and recited Surah ar-Rahman (55) from the beginning to the end, but they remained silent. Thereupon he said: I recited this before the Jinn on the night of Jinn, and their response was better than that of yours. When I came to these words: `Then which of the favours of your Lord do you deny?' They said: Our Lord, there is nothing that we deny of Thy favour; to Thee is praise due.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Jinn 72:1-14 (A chapter in the Qur'an is called "The Jinn" narrating an incident when a group of Jinn approached Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to inquire about and accept Islam)

1. Say (O Muhammad May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him): "It has been revealed to me that a group (from three to ten in number) of jinns listened (to this Qur'�n). They said: 'Verily! We have heard a wonderful Recital (this Qur'�n)!

2. 'It guides to the Right Path, and we have believed therein, and we shall never join (in worship) anything with our Lord (All�h).

3. 'And exalted be the Majesty of our Lord, He has taken neither a wife, nor a son (or offspring or children).

4. 'And that the foolish among us [i.e. Ibl�s (Satan) or the polytheists amongst the jinns] used to utter against All�h that which was wrong and not right.

5. 'And verily, we thought that men and jinns would not utter a lie against All�h.

6. 'And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the masculine among the jinns, but they (jinns) increased them (mankind) in sin and disbelief.

7. 'And they thought as you thought, that All�h will not send any Messenger (to mankind or jinns).

8. 'And we have sought to reach the heaven; but found it filled with stern guards and flaming fires.

9. 'And verily, we used to sit there in stations, to (steal) a hearing, but any who listens now will find a flaming fire watching him in ambush.

10. 'And we know not whether evil is intended for those on earth, or whether their Lord intends for them a Right Path.

11. 'There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary; we are groups each having a different way (religious sect, etc.).

12. 'And we think that we cannot escape (from the punishment of) All�h in the earth, nor can we escape (from the punishment) by flight.

13. 'And indeed when we heard the Guidance (this Qur'�n), we believed therein (Isl�mic Monotheism), and whosoever believes in his Lord shall have no fear, either of a decrease in the reward of his good deeds or an increase in punishment for his sins.

14. 'And of us some are Muslims (who have submitted to All�h, after listening to this Qur'�n), and of us some are Al-Q�sit�n (disbelievers those who have deviated from the Right Path)'. And whosoever has embraced Isl�m (i.e. has become a Muslim by submitting to All�h), then such have sought the Right Path."

Shaytaan (a.k.a Iblis; one of the most famous jinn)

The shaytaan (satan) can be human or jinn...

The Noble Qur'an - Al-An'aam 6:112
And so We have appointed for every Prophet enemies - Shay�tin (devils) among mankind and jinns, inspiring one another with adorned speech as a delusion (or by way of deception). If your Lord had so willed, they would not have done it, so leave them alone with their fabrications.

Know your enemy...

The Noble Qur'an - Faatir 35:6
Surely, Shait�n (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy. He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire.

The Noble Qur'an - Az-Zukhruf 43:62
And let not Shait�n (Satan) hinder you (from the right religion, i.e. Isl�mic Monotheism), Verily, he (Satan) to you is a plain enemy.

Shaitaan tells you to fear people instead of Allah, swt...

The Noble Qur'an - Az-Zukhruf 43:62
It is only Shait�n (Satan) that suggests to you the fear of his Auliy�' [supporters and friends (polytheists, disbelievers in the Oneness of All�h and in His Messenger, Muhammad May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him)], so fear them not, but fear Me, if you are (true) believers.

The jinn's who Whisper/Deceive

The Noble Qur'an - An-Naas 114

1. Say: "I seek refuge with (All�h) the Lord of mankind,

2. "The King of mankind,

3. "The Il�h (God) of mankind,

4. "From the evil of the whisperer (devil who whispers evil in the hearts of men) who withdraws (from his whispering in one's heart after one remembers All�h),

5. "Who whispers in the breasts of mankind,

6. "Of jinns and men."

The Noble Qur'an - Al-An'aam 6:128
And on the Day when He will gather them (all) together (and say): "O you assembly of jinns! Many did you mislead of men," ...

The Noble Qur'an - Al-'Anaam 6:112
And so We have appointed for every Prophet enemies - Shay�tin (devils) among mankind and jinns, inspiring one another with adorned speech as a delusion (or by way of deception)....

The Noble Qur'an - An-Nahl 16:99-100
Verily! He has no power over those who believe and put their trust only in their Lord (All�h).

His power is only over those who obey and follow him (Satan), and those who join partners with Him (All�h) [i.e. those who are Mushrik�n - polytheists - see Verse 6:121].

The Noble Qur'an - Ibrahiim 14:22
And Shait�n (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, All�h promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with All�h (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Z�lim�n (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)."

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Israa' 17:61-65
And (remember) when We said to the angels: "Prostrate unto Adam." They prostrated except Ibl�s (Satan). He said: "Shall I prostrate to one whom You created from clay?"

[Ibl�s (Satan)] said: "See? This one whom You have honoured above me, if You give me respite (keep me alive) to the Day of Resurrection, I will surely seize and mislead his offspring (by sending them astray) all but a few!"

(All�h) said: "Go, and whosoever of them follows you, surely! Hell will be the recompense of you (all) an ample recompense.

"And Istafziz [literally means: befool them gradually] those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for All�h's disobedience), make assaults on them with your cavalry and your infantry, mutually share with them wealth and children (by tempting them to earn money by illegal ways usury, etc., or by committing illegal sexual intercourse, etc.), and make promises to them." But Satan promises them nothing but deceit.

"Verily! My slaves (i.e the true believers of Isl�mic Monotheism), you have no authority over them. And All-Sufficient is your Lord as a Guardian."

Supplication for one afflicted by whisperings in prayer or recitation...

Hadith - Sahih Muslim 5463, Narrated Uthman ibn Abul'As, r.a.
Uthman came to Allah's Messenger May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him and said: Allah's Messenger, the Satan intervenes between me and my prayer and my reciting of the Qur'an and he confounds me. Thereupon Allah's Messenger May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20himsaid: That is (the doing of the Satan) who is known as Khinzab, and when you perceive its effect, seek refuge with Allah from it and spit* three times to your left. I did that and Allah dispelled that from me.

* this is a dry spit in the air

Seeking refuge IN the Jinn

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Jinn 72: 6-7
6. 'And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the masculine among the jinns, but they (jinns) increased them (mankind) in sin and disbelief.

7. 'And they thought as you thought, that All�h will not send any Messenger (to mankind or jinns).

The Noble Qur'an - Ibrahiim 14:22
And Shait�n (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, All�h promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with All�h (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Z�lim�n (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)."

The Noble Qur'an - Al-An'aam 6:100-102
100. Yet, they join the jinns as partners in worship with All�h, though He has created them (the jinns), and they attribute falsely without knowledge sons and daughters to Him. Be He Glorified and Exalted above (all) that they attribute to Him.

101. He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. How can He have children when He has no wife? He created all things and He is the All-Knower of everything.

102. Such is All�h, your Lord! L� il�ha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Creator of all things. So worship Him (Alone), and He is the Wak�l (Trustee, Disposer of affairs, Guardian, etc.) over all things.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-An'aam 6:128
And on the Day when He will gather them (all) together (and say): "O you assembly of jinns! Many did you mislead of men," and their Auliy�' (friends and helpers, etc.) amongst men will say: "Our Lord! We benefited one from the other, but now we have reached our appointed term which You did appoint for us." He will say: "The Fire be your dwelling�place, you will dwell therein forever, except as All�h may will. Certainly your Lord is All�Wise, All�Knowing."

Seeking Refuge FROM the Evil Jinn

Say " 'audhu billah" (I seek refuge in Allah) and other dhikr (remembrance of Allah, swt) when the evil whisper of Shaitaan comes upon you, such as

• when becoming angry,

• having confusing or disobedient thoughts,

• when approached by arrogants who dispute the Truth of the ayats of Allah, swt,

• when about to recite Qur'an,

• or when in any situation that Quran and Sunnah teaches you is a result of the shaitaan.

The Noble Qur'an - Fussilat 41:36
And if an evil whisper from Shait�n (Satan) tries to turn you away (O Muhammad SAW) (from doing good, etc.), then seek refuge in All�h. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-A'raaf 7:200, 201
And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shait�n (Satan) then seek refuge with All�h. Verily, He is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

Verily, those who are Al-Muttaq�n (the pious - see V.2:2), when an evil thought comes to them from Shait�n (Satan), they remember (All�h), and (indeed) they then see (aright).

The Noble Qur'an - An-Nahl 16:98
So when you want to recite the Qur'�n, seek refuge with All�h from Shait�n (Satan), the outcast (the cursed one).

Hadith - Al-Muwatta 51.10
Yahya related to me from Malik that Yahya ibn Said said, "When the Messenger of Allah May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him was taken on the Night Journey, he saw an evil jinn seeking him with a torch of fire. Whenever the Messenger of Allah May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him turned, he saw him. Jibril said to him, 'Shall I teach you some words to say? When you say them, his torch will be put out and will fall from him.' The Messenger of Allah May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20himsaid, 'Yes, indeed.' Jibril said, 'Say, 'I seek refuge with the Noble Face of Allah and with the complete words of Allah which neither the good person nor the corrupt can exceed, from the evil of what descends from the sky and the evil of what ascends in it, and from the evil of what is created in the earth and the evil of what comes out of it, and from the trials of the night and day, and from the visitations of the night and day, except for one that knocks with good, O Merciful!" "'

Audhu bi wajhi'llahi' l-karim wa bi kalimati'llahi't-tammati. Allati la yujawazu hunna barra wa la fajir, min sharri ma yanzil min as-sama, wa sharri ma yaruju fiha, wa sham ma dhara' fi'l-ard, wa sharri ma yakhruju minha, wa min fitani'l-layli wa'n-nahar, wa min tawariqi'l-layli wa'n-nahar illa tariqan yatruq bikhayr ya Rahman!

Say Bismillah and then the du'a below before entering the toilet area...

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi 358, Narrated Ali ibn Abu Talib
Allah's Messenger May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him said: The screen between the eyes of Jinn and the private parts of the sons of Adam as one of them enters the privy is that he should say: In the name of Allah. [This hadith has been transmitted by Tirmidhi and he said: It is a gharib (weak) hadith and its isnad is not sound.]

[Bismillahi] Allahumma inna 'audhu bika minal khubthi wal khabaa'ith.

[By the Name of Allah]. Oh Allah, I seek protection in You from unclean spirits, male and female.  [Abu Dawud 4/264, Ahmad 2/389]

The ayat "Al-Kursi" (2:255) is well-known as a means for repelling mischievious jinn...

Ibn Taimiya, Majmu, vol. 19, p. 55
"The numerous people who have experienced these events all confirm the amazing effectiveness of this verse in warding off jinn and breaking their spells.  It [editor's note: ayat al-Kursi] has a great effect in repelling devils from humans, from the possessed and from those picked out by jinn, such as wrongdoers, people with bad tempers, those who follow their desires and lusts, musicians and those who become ecstatic through whistling and clapping.  If these verses are read over them with sincerity to Allah, the jinn will leave.  It will put an end to the mirages created by the jinn.  It will also disclose the falseness of those, the brothers of the jinn, who perform miraculous acts.  The jinn inspire their devotees with some knowledge that the ignorant think are miracles that Allah grants His pious servants.  In fact, they are simply Shaytaan's acts of deception over his devotees, of those whom have earned Allah's wrath and those who have gone astray."

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi 1019, Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri
The Prophet May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him used to seek protection against the Jinn and the evil eye till surahs al-Falaq and an-Nas were revealed. After they were revealed he stuck to them and discarded everything beside them. [Transmitted by Tirmidhi]

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi 4563, Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri
Allah's Messenger May%20Allahs%20peace%20and%20blessings%20be%20on%20him used to seek refuge in Allah from jinn and the evil eye in men till the Mu'awwidhatan came down, after which he made use of them and abandoned everything else. [Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah transmitted it, Tirmidhi saying this is a hasan gharib tradition (i,e. room for doubt in source) ]

http://muttaqun.com/jinn.html

Edited by Chrysalis - 08 January 2010 at 11:30pm
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic