IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any sites on Fazilats of Suras?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any sites on Fazilats of Suras?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmud200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any sites on Fazilats of Suras?
    Posted: 21 December 2009 at 5:23am
Salaam.
Does anyone has sites or links that gives the Fazilats of reciting Suras (And/Or Duas)?

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 2:19am
If you try looking at the Tafsir of that Surah, then you may also come across "Virtues" or "Fazilat" of that Surah. (try googling Tafsir Ibn Kathir ) As for Duas, yes there are a couple of websites that mention sahih Duas that Prophet Muhammad used to make and recommend, inshAllah will post later if can find.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Mahmud200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmud200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 1:37am
Salaam.
This pdf by Sheikh Albani uses Sahi Hadith (and separates weak Hadeeths).
http://abdurrahman.org/qurantafseer/...aikAlbanee.pdf

Any more good sites?

Momin001 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Momin001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2010 at 12:05am
Every one says we should say Fatihah on the grave of Muslims.

When I carefully read the meanings of Surah Fatiha, I see Allah has taught us to first express our faith in Allah, and learn that no one is worthy to be praised as Allah is. Then we learn that we must worship only Allah and ask only  Allah for guidance.

I don't see one word about the dead person nor any dua in it for the forgiveness of the dead person. Surah Fatiha is for our own selves and not for others.  Reciting Surah Fatiha in every rakah of our daily five obligatory prayers is must or else it is not valid.

I have never understood how good Fatiha can be any good to recite for a dead person?

Many Fazilats Molvees tell us about reading certain surahs seems
doubtful to me when I read the meanings of words of Surahs.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic