IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Winters : Best season for believers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winters : Best season for believers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winters : Best season for believers
    Posted: 18 December 2009 at 8:22am
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

Here's a good article and i pray Allah that we best use this season in Ibadahs

The righteous people of the past would rejoice with the approach of winter. Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali mentions its virtues in his book Lata�if Al-Ma�arif (pg. 276)

Winter is the best season for the believer because Allah strengthens his practice by making worship easy for him. The believer can easily fast during the day without suffering from hunger and thirst. The days are short and cold, and he doesn�t feel the hardship of fasting.

As for praying at night, due to winter�s long nights, one can have his share of sleep and then wake up to pray. He can recite the Qur�an that he usually does in a day while having enough time to sleep. So, it becomes possible to fulfill the interests of both � his religion and the comfort of his body.

Abdullah Bin Mas�ud said �Welcome to winter! Blessings descend in it. Its nights are long to pray, and its days are short to fast.�

When it was winter, Ubayd Bin Umayr would say: �O people of the Qur�an! Your nights are now long for you to recite. So, recite! Your days are now short for you to fast. So, fast! Night prayer in the winter equals fasting during the day in the summer.� This is why Mu�adh wept on his deathbed. He said: �I weep because I will miss the thirst I felt when I fasted, praying at night during the winter, and sitting knee to knee with the scholars during the gatherings of knowledge.�

Edited by seekshidayath - 18 December 2009 at 8:26am
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 8:46am
Allahu Akbar!  The best generation of mankind.
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 10:40am
Subhanallah.. This is such a great narration. I will try my best to take advantage of the winters.  I will pray for all of the righteous brothers and sisters in Islam. Barak Allahu feekum< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2009 at 4:37am

Allah Akbar!! Subhanallah!! how could I miss this post until today????

May Allah bless your efforts and teach you more.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic