IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gender-Relations  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gender-Relations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 2:57pm

When did you two become on the level of Allah to judge my intention if i meant it in a bad way or not.

I say whatever the I want, if you dont like it dont listen or read. If you dont like it, then go bury your distaste somewhere else. See what you like to see, and take what you like to take. As you two are already doing, no problem with me.

Its funny people like you two would hand pick every word a Muslim says wrong or seems doubtful, yet when it comes to your masters you make 100 excuses.

Edited by SteppeNomad - 12 December 2009 at 1:46am
Ya Allah, Bismillah, AllahuAkbar.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 4:14am
I don't like 'Ninja' either. You know Ninjas were assassins???? ick
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2009 at 7:51pm
I don't think people of opposite sex are radioactive and I don't think sitting next to one on a trainfull of people is a moral issue...

However, after reading the rest of the thread I have decided to just stand...! If I sit, the Non-Muslim lady would probably call the police and the Muslim lady and I would get into an argument....lol
Respectfully
aka2x2
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 4:08am
Originally posted by aka2x2 aka2x2 wrote:

However, after reading the rest of the thread I have decided to just stand...! If I sit, the Non-Muslim lady would probably call the police and the Muslim lady and I would get into an argument....lol

Big%20smile

Edited by Chrysalis - 13 December 2009 at 4:09am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
SteppeNomad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 3:49pm
Finally someone with sense lol.
Ya Allah, Bismillah, AllahuAkbar.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 12:14am
Found this...

By Ahmad Abu Romeh

Alhamdulillah, Allah has blessed us with Islam as our religion. Allah, swt, has taught us, through Quran and Sunnah, some rules and laws that are related to all aspects of our lives, be it worship, interactions, manners, etc. This is what makes Islam a comprehensive religion that govern prosperity of all humankind.

In our daily lives, we encouter some situations where we are not sure how �halal or haram� we are acting. One example is the interaction with the opposite gender, especially when they are Muslims. If you are a Muslim student on campus, a Muslim student in high school, a volunteer at a Muslim organization, I am sure you have faced a situtation before, or constantly face those situations.

In most cases, people interact with the opposite gender based on the norms of the society they live in, or more precisely, they society the grew up in. We find that Muslims who grew up in a Middle Eastern society have more strict limits than Muslims who grew up in a North American soceity, when it comes to dealing with the opposite gender. There are also two groups of people that act on the extreme limits. There is a group that prohibits interaction with the opposite gender whatever the conditions are, while there is a group that interacts with the opposite gender without any limits. Whatever the norms of your society are, Islam have set some wide guidelines when it comes to this issue. Let�s go back to what Allah has taught us in the Quran. Allah, swt, says in the story of prophet Musa PBUH:

"And when he went towards (the land of) Madyan, he said: "It may be that my Lord guides me to the Right Way." And when he arrived at the water of Madyan he found there a group of men watering (their flocks), and besides them he found two women who were keeping back (their flocks). He said: "What is the matter with you?" They said: "We cannot water (our flocks) until the shepherds take (their flocks). And our father is a very old man." So he watered (their flocks) for them, then he turned back to shade, and said: "My Lord! Truly, I am in need of whatever good that You bestow on me!" Then there came to him one of the two women, walking shyly. She said: "Verily, my father calls you that he may reward you for having watered (our flocks) for us."[28/22-25]

From this story, we come to several conclusions:

1- The great mercy and compassion of the Prophets. Prophet Musa felt compassionate for the two women and went to assist them. It is important for the Muslim to have mercy and concern for those around him.

2- Inter-gender interaction is an exception, not the rule. Meaning that such interaction should take place only under situations that are necessities, and when this happens, certain etiquettes must be followed:

-Lowering the gaze, as everything has an entrance and one of the entrances to the heart is the glance.

-Be respectful. Avoid speech or actions that could be taken as flirting.

-Maintain modesty and shyness (Haya�). Take the daughter of Prophet Shu'ayb as an example, when she approached Musa, "Then there came to him one of the two women, walking shyly."

-Avoid being alone as Shaytan will be the third amongst you. Try your best to meet as a group as private meetings amongst a brother and sister who are non-mahram (a mahram is an unmarriageable kin) are strictly prohibited. In addition, during group meetings there should be a good amount of distance between brothers and sisters.

-Observe the correct Islamic dress code.

-There is no better solution than asking. Thus, it is important to refer any specific questions or issues to local scholars as they are your life source for survival in the campus jungle.

Finally, remember this verse:

"The believers, men and women, are protecting friends one of another; they enjoin the right and forbid the wrong, and they establish worship and they pay the poor-due, and they obey Allah and His messenger."[9/71]

Your Muslim sister is like your sister who you protect, and your Muslim brother is like your brother who you care for. You do not want your brother or sister to be under any physical or emotional harm. Therefore, when you interact with your brothers or sisters, make sure that you do not do any action that may harm them, and remember that Allah, swt, always sees you and knows what is in your heart and in your mind.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

Let�s go back to what Allah has taught us in the Quran. Allah, swt, says in the story of prophet Musa PBUH:

"And when he went towards (the land of) Madyan, he said: "It may be that my Lord guides me to the Right Way." And when he arrived at the water of Madyan he found there a group of men watering (their flocks), and besides them he found two women who were keeping back (their flocks). He said: "What is the matter with you?" They said: "We cannot water (our flocks) until the shepherds take (their flocks). And our father is a very old man." So he watered (their flocks) for them, then he turned back to shade, and said: "My Lord! Truly, I am in need of whatever good that You bestow on me!" Then there came to him one of the two women, walking shyly. She said: "Verily, my father calls you that he may reward you for having watered (our flocks) for us."[28/22-25]

JazakAllah Khair for that interesting article Saladin !

I have come across this verse before, and it never occurred to me to approach or apply this ayat with Gender Interaction in mind ! Interesting...

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 12:20pm

Subahnallah, brother Saladin,Smile
this is interesintg about the aya from Qura'an!!  Jazaka Allah Khairn for posting this.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic