IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gender-Relations  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gender-Relations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 4:36am
Quote Martha:
Sure it's possible. And I think it can be helpful too. We live in the real world so we need to interact to be able to character judge.

Agree. Also, in today's globalized world, where we are not likely to stay within our own sheltered community, we need to be prepared to deal with all sorts of people e.g. Opposite gender of both muslims & nonmuslims.

We need to find an islamically acceptable balance of gender interaction that is somewhere between "complete segregation/no-contact" or  "too friendly"...

HOWEVER...gender interaction has it's pitfalls too. But provided we recognise when not to overstep the mark..ie not meet the opposite sex alone and in a private place we can have successful friendships/cordial relations at any public place.

Thumbs%20Up

Complete alienation is never a good idea.

Not only that - it is impossible.

Thanks for your input Martha!

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 7:40am
Originally posted by SteppeNomad SteppeNomad wrote:

I dont mind option 1a, but id definitely go with option 1b sitting with the sister and having some real brotherly, sisterly time, if she is not a sister then some nomad, hijabi/niqabi/ninja time.

Asslamu Alaikum Just want to add my few cents.

thanks for this very interesting and rewarding post, sister ChrysailsWink. Well, they have added and  the choices but it is really nice, mashallah.

This word is nomad, hijabi/niqabi/ninja time. a disrespectful word for nigab that should  never be said by a Muslim!! May Allah guide us.  Confused

Respecting Nigab: http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15970

Edited by Full of Hopes - 11 December 2009 at 7:42am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
SteppeNomad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

I dont mind option 1a, but id definitely go with option 1b sitting with the sister and having some real brotherly, sisterly time, if she is not a sister then some nomad, hijabi/niqabi/ninja time.

Asslamu Alaikum Just want to add my few cents.

thanks for this very interesting and rewarding post, sister ChrysailsWink. Well, they have added and  the choices but it is really nice, mashallah.

This word is nomad, hijabi/niqabi/ninja time. a disrespectful word for nigab that should  never be said by a Muslim!! May Allah guide us.  Confused

Respecting Nigab: http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15970

Oh your so poius Masallah you want a medal now?

Reminding me of the forum rules, playing your usual, wasnt disrespecting Hijab or Niqab, But the women who in them do those disgusting behavoiur something you wont see were you are.

Some people need to wake up to reality.  Staying indoors to much aint always good. Have some fresh air and relax not everythings bad as you think. But make sure you dont drive a car outside Wink

In some parts of the world reality and humour excist.

Edited by SteppeNomad - 11 December 2009 at 9:56am
Ya Allah, Bismillah, AllahuAkbar.
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 9:50am

ClapBig%20smile
Smile Asslamu Alaikum

First, respecting Nigab is the rule of Allah not this forum. Second, the link is not he rule, have a look at it then talk. Third, can not you change your way of GENERALIZATION???

I see and Allah knows the best that you always generalize the bad things. If some people are bad you see the whole society is bad. At first I thought you hate some people, then I said maybe some societies, then I said some nations then I discovered that you are not satisfied with the whole world!! 

Are you pleased with yourself, at least?? you shouldOuch

Edited by Full of Hopes - 11 December 2009 at 9:56am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 9:54am

Plead with myself? your the one who talks as if shes been granted paradise in ever post. Anyway, i dont like argueing with oil shaykh supporters.

Edited by SteppeNomad - 11 December 2009 at 9:58am
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 9:59am

And yeah I know those people who say bad things about Nigabi Mulsimahs and say they cover their bad deeds. These are the weak personality Muslims and the ignorant, too.Confused
  They do not know about the Hijab of sahabah!! And that link I added was just some information about that. But some talk without knowledge and that is another story. Dead

And about Shaikh oil, I discovered something else about your posts. You should thank me for telling you this to be more careful.LOL, You also like mixing the sheets when you reply to some posts... You might not have the answer so you look for excuses like shaikh oils, or like saying I grant myself Janah or like some other replies. How sad focus on the topic please!! Star

Edited by Full of Hopes - 11 December 2009 at 10:07am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 10:03am
Ya Allah.....

What are you on about? why you twisting the whole thing around.

Just to calrify, because some people in some parts of the world lack sense and understanding, esp since they imprison jinns.

Ninja, here, is another way of saying Hijabi, or Niqabi, many Muslim WOMEN, themselves use it, now just for you knowlegde before you start twisting my words and I recommend you get in touch with the world.

And if ive said anything wrong, the sisters and brothers here will let me know, dont need you to teach me your lack of understanding. As for mixing the sheets, you seem the best at it.

Edited by SteppeNomad - 11 December 2009 at 10:11am
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 10:34am

Ninja, here, is another way of saying Hijabi, or Niqabi, many Muslim WOMEN, themselves use it, now just for you knowlegde before you start twisting my words and I recommend you get in touch with the world.

And if ive said anything wrong, the sisters and brothers here will let me know, dont need you to teach me your lack of understanding. As for mixing the sheets, you seem the best at it.

Lets not get personal here. Chivalry is a virtue. Smile

Full of Hopes is also a fellow sister/member here, she has just as much right to say something. She was simply voicing her disdain for using words such as "Ninja". It is not a term coined by us Muslims, rather it is usually used in a derogatory manner by non-muslims when referring to Niqabi Muslims. So really, it doesn't seem very humorous to be using a derogatory term for our own brethren which was meant as a disrespect to us in the first place. Some muslimahs may make light of it amongst themselves, but it sounds a bit disrespectful coming from a brother.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic