IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I was Born Today  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I was Born Today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 6:57am

Prevented by Excuse

الكاتب/ Sheikh Hany Hilmy   
05/12/2008
We will anticipate the reward of the pilgrims. We shall use the slogan we followed last year "Oh Lord, we were prevented by the excuse, please don't deprive us the reward".

If we were at Hajj (pilgrimage), we would have been looking at Ka'aba, drinking from Zamzam, seeking the recovery of our hearts and body. Our hearts would have circumbulated around the Lord's House. We would have been walking between Al Safa and Al Marwa as a metaphore to our walking between scale sides (resurrection day) supplicating that our good deeds' side would weigh more than the bad deed's side.

Hajj forgives all sins. The person who comes back from Hajj is clean from all sins and mistakes. He returns as if he is just born. He comes back free from any wrong deed including those done to other humans. One of the most scary things ever is losing your good deeds over to someone you have done wrong while alive. Haj saves you from all the trouble. All of those are gone by standing on Mountain Arafat. Anticipate doing pilgrimage with your heart even if your body was abstained from going "Where ever you go and whenever you cross a valley, they are with you though they were prevented by the excuse". Oh Lord, we were prevented by the excuse, please don't deprive us the reward.

If the people at Mount Arafat will leave forgiven, please forgive us all too. If the reward for the good Hajj is paradise, so Lord please merit us with your blessings because You are the Generous who can reward us for those pilgrims and make us enter paradise. Oh Lord, if their sins will be gone, bless us with expiation of sins too. Oh Lord, we are the poor; the humble and modest please free us from our sins.

Anas May Allah bless his soul said: The prophet peace be upon him stood on Mount Arafat and the sun was setting. He said: O Bilal, ask the people to be quiet and listen to me. Bilal stood and said: O' people, listen to the messenger of Allah. So, the people listened. The prophet peace upon him said: Oh you people, Gabriel, peace be upon him, came to me previously and passed my Lord's salutation and said: Allah forgave the people of Arafat and the people of Mash'ar and relieved them from their sins. Omar said: Oh messenger of Allah is this specially for us. The prophet replied: for you and for whoever comes after you until the hereafter. Omar said: Allah's blessings increased and became delightful". Narrated by Bin Al Mubarak and corrected by al Albani in Sahih Targhib and Attarhib.

You do not know that the people's rights have no resolution except by Allah's aid. Read in all the books that talk about the hereafter. People's rights are like the oppression. Allah may forgive the person who repents but the human (slave) will not forgive another human if he does him wrong. We said before that the humans don't forgive easily and they keep reprehending. On the contrary, Allah forgives and don't reprehend. Even if it was your parents or your brothers or your kids, everyone will be saying myself, myself, (I am sorry) why would I deprive myself? He insulted and did beat me.

Now praise be to Allah, we will be saved from this situation through Pilgrimage. We need to Ummar when they circumbulate. We need to get rid of life's traces. I mean get life out of your heart and make pilgrimage with your heart. Leave all the troubles and thoughts behind you. Allah will take care of them.

Source: Born on the Day of Arafah, written by Sheikh Hany Hilmy
To be Continued .. Live Pilgrimage with your mind
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 6:58am

Live Pilgrimage with your Mind

05/12/2008

Here I am Oh Allah. � I am going to my Lord to guide me'. Feel the word coming out of your heart. You need to raise your voice when you say it. You will go to Allah in your heart. Leave life and go to Allah by saying: Here I am O' Allah.

Our supplication "Give your response to Allah and His Messenger, when He calleth you to that which will give you life" Al Anfal-24..

Here I am Oh Allah. Once it comes out of the heart, life and all the troubles will get out of your way and you will know your path to Allah. Hearts are purified and they get closer to Allah. Say that you will get closer to Allah and how can I be away from You while You were never away from me? "And we are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge)".

The hearts matter as Ibn Al Qayyem says: Hearts are divided into two:
1- A heart that circumbulate around the Throne.
2- A heart that circumambulate around dirt
(the cursed dirt in life) but he will still come closer to Allah and purify himself and be committed. He will raise his hands surrendering and stick his body to the Ka'aba saying that he wants to be there and he doesn't want to go away. He will raise his hands saying "I recognize your blessings upon me and I recognize my misdeeds".

The prophet peace upon him used to raise his hand up and supplicate to Allah by saying oh my Lord, if these people are perished, no one will worship you on earth. Then he went to pray behind Al Maqam and promises Allah faithfulness. "Say (O Mohammad) He is Allah, (the One)." I promise you loyalty and faithfulness and that there is no one but You and I will never love anyone but You. I will get closer to You and Your righteous slaves and will stay away with whom You don't like "Say: "O Al-Kafirin (disbelievers in Allah, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Boods, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, in Al-Qadar, etc.)"

The pilgrim will approach and circumbulate around Ka'aba several times running and walking.

Then he will go to shave or shorten his hair getting ready to enter Arafat.
Arafat is not inside the Haram where hunting and killing are not allowed. Arafat is outside Makkah. Once you reach Arafat you start supplicating with all the strength you have got. This is where a person should approach Allah ..

You supplicate and supplicate then time comes where you enter Muzdalafa. He stays there in Muzdalifa (which means closeness). Then the pilgrim goes to Mina to throw the pebbles. He throws seven pebbles for three days. Throwing these pebbles is a metaphor to throwing all the borders in your life that keeps you away from Allah.
Here we are abstained from performing Haj with our bodies ... supplicating Allah to reach its reward by anticipation.

To be Continued ... Duties for the Day of Arafah 
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 6:59am

Duties for the Day of Arafah

05/12/2008
1- Humbleness and humility
2- Feel the meaning of Hajj in your hearts so you can pilgrim with your heart
3- Purify our hearts from life. Some of the ancestors said: I stood on Arafat and I had my money. I decided that I wanted to supplicate without life heavy baggage.. I put down it down and started supplicating Allah until Ifadah. He is purifying his heart from life.

Look at what the ancestors used to do:

The person would weigh himself and match his weight with silver and give it as charity. Amer Bin Abdullah sacrificed everything for his religion. Habib sacrificed four thousands Dirham for the sake of Allah and Abu Hurairah made twelve thousand remembrances a day.

Our Duty:

We mentioned before a Hadith "This is a day where whoever will hold his tongue, sight and hearing tight, will be forgiven".  So, your homework is to make Itikaf (seclusion) from dawn to Maghrib.  Take a vacation and dedicate it to worshipping Allah.  When you get back from your work, isolate yourself and dedicate your time to worshipping Allah.  "Silence is salvation".  Narrated by Attermedhei and classified as sahih by Al Albani.  We need to remain silent to control our sight, hearing and tongue. The best thing to do is to lock yourself at home away from socializing.  It would even be better if we spend these hours at the Masjid because as long as you are there the angels will say:  "Oh Allah forgive him and have mercy on him".   

4- Make more remembrance in those ten days because they are the everlasting deeds.  Keep your tongue soft with Subhan Allah, Al Hamdu-lillah, La Ilaha Illa Allah, Allahu-Akbar (Glory be to Allah, All praise be to Allah, There is no God but He, Allah is the Greatest).  The duty is to keep glorifying and magnifying Allah as well as supplicating all the time. 

To be Continued ...  Arafah from fajr to Dusk

Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 7:00am

Arafah from Fajr to Dusk

05/12/2008

Follow this schedule as much as you can:

Sleep well at night because you will wake up at dawn time. So, pray Isha'a and recite some Quran and go to bed.

Make sure you get enough sleep because you will wake up one to two hours before Fajr time. When you get enough sleep at night, you will be able to function during the day. At that time, you start whisper talking to Allah and begging Him. Get ready to recite at least one hundred verses. If you have time, read one thousand verses and that is by reading Tabarak part( juzu' 29). Repeat those steps during the ten days until you reach the Day of Arafat.

After that you eat your Suhur (late dinner) and make Istighfar the last fifteen minutes before Fajr prayer where you are very close to Allah "And in the hours before dawn, they were (found) asking (Allah) for forgiveness". Az-Zariyat/18. At the same time you get closer to Allah and say: Oh my Lord make me succeed in obeying You and worshiping You correctly on the Day of Arafat and free me from the hellfire. Make Dua'a for yourself and all the Muslim.

Before the Fajr Azan by five minutes, make ablution and get ready for the prayer. On your way to Fajr prayer, anticipate to do Hajj and Umrah by staying up until sunrise. It is like Hajj because you are going to perform a ritual (praying) in the mosque. And whoever performs a confirmed ritual praying, is considered like performing Hajj (pilgrimage). "Whoever walks to perform a written prayer in congregational is like doing Hajj and whoever walks for a voluntary pray is like Umrah". Classified as sahih by Al Albani in Sahih and Daheef Al Jame'e.

Resemble your eagerness to perform Haj with all its meanings through anticipating Itikaf (seclusion) .. Listen to the prayer call and finish your remembrances and get ready to go the Masjid with your intention to make Itikaf and ask Allah to bless that night for you.

You will perform the regular rituals by praying the two Raka's of Fajr which are better than everything in life. Sit until sunrise and don't forget to anticipate the reward. Read the remembrance while you are waiting for the sun to rise and read the Quran.

Boost your soul by reciting some of the Quran to get the mercies from Allah. "And we send down from the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believer (in Islamic Monotheism and act on it), and it increases the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers) nothing but loss". Al-Isra'/82. Thus you earn the Allah's sympathy which will be your fuel for the day. Allah's mercy and sympathy will enable you to read a lot of Quran. Insha'Allah reading Quran will help you get through the day awake. As soon as you feel sleep creeping into your body, make ablution to drive Satan's whispers away. We said: "Fall prostrate and draw near to Allah". Al-Alaq/19.

To be Continued ... Arafah from Noon To Maghrib 
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 7:02am

Arafah from Noon to Maghrib

05/12/2008
It is time for Noon prayer .. You will first perform the Sunnah by praying four Raka'as before the ritual then another four Raka'as after it to protect you from hellfire. "Whoever prays four before noon and four after will never burn in hellfire". Classified as sahih by Al Albani in Sahih Al Jame'e.

Then after that you finish your invocation by supplications as well as remembrances such as praising, glorifying and magnifying Allah. Keep your tongue active with Allah's remembrances. The prophet peace be upon him said: "The best supplication is on the Day of Arafat and the best supplication said by me and the prophets before me: There is no God but Allah alone, He has no partner. To Allah is the dominion, and to Him is the praise and He is Capable of all things". Narrated by At-Termedhei and classified as sahih by Al Albani.

Repeating this supplication ten times earns you freedom from hellfire. Even more if it's said  a hundred time,
1/it will be like freeing ten necks from hellfire,
2/getting one hundred rewards,
3/one hundred bad deeds will be erased
4/it will be a protection for from Satan.
5/The last virtue of this remembrance: he will have the highest reward ever except for another man exceeding him in the number of remembrances.

The prophet peace be upon him said: "Whoever says There is no God but Allah alone, He has no partner. To Allah is the dominion, and to Him is the praise and He is Capable of all things one hundred times a day equals for him ten necks and accounted for him one hundred reward and deletes one hundred bad deed and was for him as a protection from Satan until the evening and no one will do better than him at that day except for someone who say more than him". Classified as sahih by Al Albani in Sahih Al Jame'e.

Devote a special time for saying this supplication repeatedly.. Make sure your remembrances are a blend between asking Allah forgiveness, and praying upon the prophet peace be upon him.

Remember to say the two loved words by The Most Merciful: �Glory be to Allah and praise be to Him'.

This remembrance helps achieving the meaning of humility, humbleness and modesty . It encloses also the meaning of love and glorification. Glory be to Allah has the feeling of humbleness.. it emphasizes that you feel how Allah is complete and how you are not. When you say Praise be to Allah resembles your feeling that Allah is the master of booties and that you love Him. How not to love Him.. He owns all the bounties given to you. Whatever I own is only from You. So praise be all to You .. Allah is the Greatest and He has all attributes of glorification. Glory be to Allah and praise be to Him.

Humbleness, humility, modesty and glorification are all meanings of worshiping.

From afternoon to Maghrib, you will finish the Holy Quran and your invocations. You will sit to supplicate for an hour or forty five minutes. Spend half an hour in supplication and feel that you are standing on Mount Arafat.

To be Continued ...
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 7:03am

Supplication on the day of Arafah

Follow the ancestors lead..

Some of them were dominated by fear. Mutraf and Baker Al Muznei stood on Mount Arafat.. one said to the other: "O Lord please don't disappoint the people for due to my presence. And the other
said: Had I not be among them, I would have begged You to forgive them"
. Fear was the core of their supplication. Fear not to be accepted because they think worse of themselves even if they are
on the right track. Always under estimate yourself when it comes to making good deeds.

On the contrary, others were dominated by hope. Ibn Al Mubarak said: I came to Sufian Al Thawrei while he was kneeling. His eyes were tearful. So, I said: who is the worst of this group? Who is
the lost who won't be forgiven? He said: he is the one who thinks that Allah will never forgive him. So though he is always tearful and prostrating humbly to Allah, yet he has positive
interpretation to think the best of Allah.

There are people like Al Fudhail who stood on Mount Arafat and never said a word ... He just stood crying. Every time he tried to supplicate, he cried. He remained on top of Mount Arafat until
all people departed then he yelled and said: My deeds are so dreadful even if they are forgiven by You". (They said he was always shy of Allah). The meaning behind his yell is that even if he was
forgiven by Allah for his bad deeds.. he will yet have to face the situation where Allah will ask him about them on the day of resurrection.. and he was too shy of them.

So, there are people dominated by hope and others by shyness. Some dominated by fear and others are busy in diligence. Masrooq is one of our ancestors who slept all the time while prostrating
because of his diligence. He consumed all of his energy that he felt asleep while praying due to his sleep deprivation all day. He sacrificed his sleep for Allah's worship.

"Cursed were the people of the ditch (the story of the Boy and the King)". Al-Buruj/4.

As they sacrificed (in the verse), You need to sacrifice. For that reason his sacrifice (Masrooq) is called excessively diligent.

When the ten days arrived, Saeed Ibn Jubeir used to work in extreme diligence. So follow his lead and exaggerate your worship as well as supplicate for your brothers until you get to the night of
Slaughtering.. and do it all only for the sake of Allah.

The Night of Eid:

When you get to that night, you need to be grateful. Glory be to the King who made you cry all Day of Arafat and now He wants to you to smile and be happy at the Day of Eid.

You should be happy and forget about your misery at that day because Eid is meant for happiness.

You shouldn't leave an opportunity for Satan to get in between your happiness in Eid because that is his job. "Secret counsels (conspiracies) are only from Satan, in order that he may
cause grief to the believers. But he cannot harm them in the least, except as Allah permits, and in Allah let the believers put their trust". Al-Mujadilah/10. He wants you to be sad by
telling you that you are ranked as a bad worshiper.. so you start believing his nasty whispers and depression creeps in resulting in doing bad deeds in return.

He will tell you that you are lost so don't lose life and the hereafter at the same time. Then you are trapped in his web of depressing thoughts.

On the other hand, Satan wants you to be terrified by telling you that hell was created for you and you really look like hell. He wants you to be sad and desperate until you are lost again.

Another plan of his traps.. that he wants you to be very happy and to forget about your worshiping. But you should always remember what Allah Al Mighty said: " for Allah loveth not those who
exult (in riches)". Al Qasas:76

So you are lead by his whispers to brag with lives luxuries.So do your best to abstain from this act.

Summing it up, Satan makes some people laugh and some cry.. but your weapon is your supplication as well balancing between hope and fear. This is the way of the believers who obey Allah's
commands.So be amongst them ...

To be Continued .. Story of a Re-born
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 7:04am
Story of a Re-Born

We began with a new born so we will conclude with another a re-born on the day of Arafah..

I will quote a young man narrating his story of new birth ... He says:

My life was a mess.. full of chaos, loss of time and fun.

I never realized the meaning of life nor did I value it. Everything was the same to me. Right was equalized with wrong. Everything was permitted in my life. I was arrogant and snobbish. I hardly
prayed for once. Yes I used to fast but for no longer than half an hour. I used to sleep after Fajr and wake up by late at night. My night is my day and vice versa. I was conceited with my youth
and health. I exercised and took care of myself and thanks to Allah I had everything and my friends were a copy of me.

One of these days I had a severe headache which I didn't think much of. Then it started to get worse. I made a check up and I was sure that it is only a headache. I will only need medication
accordingly. The doctor gave me the medicine and I took them regularly and felt better. One of the restrictions the doctor asked me to do is to stop watching a lot of television of course I
wasn't happy but I managed to do so. After two days I felt better and I dived back into my old habits. Right after two or three days, the headache came back but worse. I started to worry and I
was concerned. I headed to the famous hospital in town and they X-Rayed my head. It was a disaster. They found a tumor in my brain. They told me that I had cancer.

Cancer? Does that mean I will die? No, there is a mistake; I can't die.

My heart was beating fast and my hands were trembling ... all my body was shaking. I felt I was fainting. I left the hospital as if I am the saddest ever. I had lots of questions baffling
me.

How much time do I have? What did I do to my hereafter? Where am I going? What is my bank account with God? How am I going to meet Him and what am I going to do?

While I was walking, I got lost. I no longer knew where to go or from where I came.

I didn't even realize anything... until I heard the prayer call for Maghrib.

That was the first time in my life to notice the Adhan. It was my first time to realize the meanings of its calming words in my heart. I felt guided by its words. I told myself, this must be the
way... Thoughts of Belief filled my head and I couldn't think of anything else..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic