IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who gave the Qur'an its verse system?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who gave the Qur'an its verse system?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glorthac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who gave the Qur'an its verse system?
    Posted: 14 November 2009 at 1:30pm

Who gave the Qur'an its verse system? I heard Muhammad ordered the chapters and ordered the particular revelations within the chapters, but did Muhammad also order how to divide up the revelations into specific verses?

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 7:09pm

Hello Glorthac,

Welcome to the discussions at IslamiCity

Good question.

This verse system , was given by Allah swt not by Prophet Muhammad {Pbuh}.The verses and the chapters were arranged in the way Qur'an is ,by Prophet Muhammad as he was taught by Allah. After the whole Qur'an was revealed, Angel Gabriel was sent to Prophet and recitation of Qur'an was revised before him for 3 times. This is the same order, we read Qur'an. I hope the link below shall help you understand better, insha Allah, rather than my post.

http://www.quran.org.uk/articles/ieb_quran_preserved.htm

Edited by seekshidayath - 14 November 2009 at 7:10pm
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Glorthac Glorthac wrote:

Who gave the Qur'an its verse system? I heard Muhammad ordered the chapters and ordered the particular revelations within the chapters, but did Muhammad also order how to divide up the revelations into specific verses?

Allah Almighty says "It is upon Us to collect and compile it (i.e., the Quran) and to promulgate it:  (The Noble Quran, 75:17)"

Recommended:
 http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 6:30pm
An other site recommended :

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Glorthac View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glorthac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 7:49pm
Thank you for the links. That last one had the exact thing I was looking for.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic