IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afghani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi
    Posted: 13 November 2009 at 4:29am
Salam Everyone.
I am here in this forum to have a constructive dialogue.
Unfortunatly, so far my experience has not been a good one.
I posted a couple of post last night in the General/Men section. My posts are deleted. I think the reason my posts are deleted are because of my strong support for US involvement in my birth country Afghanistan. I along with most Afghanis strongly support US involvement in Afghanistan (and I want to thank US soldiers for it). I just wanted to share that with the rest of the people. So please don't tell us poor Afghanis, you guys are being bombarded by US.
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 12:43pm

Edited by Full of Hopes - 17 November 2009 at 10:52am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 2:18pm
Salams brother,
It is a shame that your previous posts were deleted. It would have been good to have read them.
If your above post is sincere( and some here will not agree with your opinions) then it will be the first time I personally have heard that most Afghani's are in agreement with the US support there.
I would certainly like to hear more from you on this. You have first hand experience on the situation there and you r reasons should be heard.
Please write more.
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 2:26pm
Salams again brother,
I have now seen your post on the topic regarding the Fort Hood incident.
It has been edited by admin, but don't know why.
Please contribute to this forum and give us your views.
Thanks
afghani View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afghani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 6:40pm

Thanks Full of Hopes and Martha for welcoming me.

Martha, to be fair. The moderator has done only minimal editing.  The edit words were not curse words. I do not know why he/she has editted it. 

It is true that most Afghanis are supportive of US government including Bush Gov (Alhamdulillah). If in 1992 someone would have told me that 5% of  Afghanis support US, I would have called them crazy. Fast forward many years, I can say that most Afghanis  Alhamdulillah have a positive view of the US. Or at least they view US as  the friend that they can trust the most. The are many reasons for it (Guess. Events starting in 1992 in Afghanistan). I might discuss them some other time. If you don't believe me, go and talk to Afghanis in a mosque, college. etc. Talk to young, old, religious, non-religious.  

Ideally, Afghanis would like to see all the foreign troops gone. But given the current situation, most Afghanis want US troops to stay. Also, most Afghanis don't blame US for the current situation in Afghanistan.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 3:50am
Salams afghani,
Thanks for posting again.
You know, in the UK we see a lot of media reports that afghani's and soldiers have a good relationship with eachother. How true is this please. We also know that some US soldiers behave badly and this is not good too
You are the FIRST afghani here defending the US occupation.
It is good to know these things.
Of course the best way would be not to have any foreign troops.
Tell me, how serious a threat are the taliban right now in Afghanistan? Are we right to be concerned that they will be a serious threat globally in the future, as this is what the west is constantly told. We know that the taliban are in Pakistan too.
Are we right to stop them now before they expand further?
I really would like your views.
AbuMubarak View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuMubarak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 4:39am
a muslim who loves that the crusaders have invaded his land?

is it possible? i guess, kharzai likes the crusaders in his land, but it is more obvious by the day that the muslims in afghanistan do not appreciate the kuffar in their lands

are there sellout muslims? yes

but they are not who we are supposed to align ourselves with
afghani View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afghani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 7:12pm

Am I supposed to take this AbuMubarak dude seriously?  Look at his profile and it says he lives in the United States, so I guess he takes advantage of the great hospitality of the crusaders. But on the other hand he does not like crusaders in my land. Why you care so much about my land anyway? Please go to a mosque where there are alot of Afghanis(example:Fremont, California) and tell them about the crusaders in Afghanistan. I will love to see you get humilited by proud Afghani muslims.

Martha,
As long as you make an effort to be open-minded, I don't care if you ever agree with me. All I want to do is to present the facts from Afghani perspective. You said that I am the first Afghani who defend US "occupation". Have you heard/seen an Afghan opposing US involvement?
There is a good amount of cooperation between Afghani civilians and crusader (for AbuMubarak's enjoyment) troops.  Are Afghanis 100% happy? No. As I mentioned earlier, Afghanis are independent people and will like the foreign troops be gone eventually but not now. Also, Afghani people like to complain alot too. Alot of times, if they complain they can get better results (more money). For example, if US bombs kill one of their chickens, they claim that multiple cows and chicken died (so they get more money). And US has been more than good on their promise usually.

Taliban have stronger presence in Afghanistan now compare to 2002.  But, that is due to many issues but the four most important  are:1) Afghan Government corruption,2) criminal activities (heroine trade), 3) high unemployment (Afghanistan has always been poor, not US's fault) 4)Tribal ( tribe A does not like tribe B, Tribe A also thinks the government is siding with tribe B. So tribe A tells its young people to join Taliban) If those issues are addressed, Taliban threat level will go back down to 2002 level.  Many of those difficult issues are being addressed. Some of those issues will get resolved with time and Inshallah Taliban will get weaker and weaker.

By the way, I have been working in a small town for the last few months. My co-workers have never seen a muslim let alone an Afghani before. At the beginning most people didn't want to ask me where I was from (because they probably thought it was rude). But, I started telling everyone that I was an Afghani Muslim.  They are so nice. I have started making alot of jokes about white people and they have started a few jokes about Afghanis. I also teach them about Ramadan, Eid and the fact that I can't date (most of their jokes are about my lack of dating).  I lost count, but so many of those "crusaders"  have told me that they are  very happy to see me here in the United State. Why should I care if those "crusaders" go to my country to build free roads and schools and pay for the imaginary killed Chickens and Cows of my fellow Afghans.

I will be happy to answer any questions about Afghanistan except tribal. I am patriotic Afghani and thinking about Afg tribal problems  really bothers me. Everything else in Afghanistan, I am very optimistic and I can talk about it.

Pakistan is a totally different political landscape and I am no expert in that. As  far as I know, Taliban are very much in decline there too (but I could be wrong)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic