IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Confused  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confused

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confused
    Posted: 08 November 2009 at 12:26pm
Hi, My names Kelly. My boyfriends a Muslim and i have no religion. He want's me to revert to Islam but i am not sure weather to revert. He is not a practicing Muslim and does not do things that Allah would accept so i'm struggling to see why he want's me to change my religion. Would anyone be   able to help.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by kelly kelly wrote:

Hi, My names Kelly. My boyfriends a Muslim and i have no religion. He want's me to revert to Islam but i am not sure weather to revert. He is not a practicing Muslim and does not do things that Allah would accept so i'm struggling to see why he want's me to change my religion. Would anyone be   able to help.

hey kelly,

I find it very hypocritical of him, asking you to covert, while he is engaged in premarital affair which is obviously against the nature of Islam.

You should ask him to �practice what he preaches�.
Maybe you can surprise him by breaking up, since Islam doesn�t permits intermingling of opposite sex.

Coming to your question �so i'm struggling to see why he want's me to change my religion� I cannot comment on it without knowing more about his background.
Ie, what�s his ethnicity, his age? What country you live in? Have you met his family?

Belive it or not, cases of marraige for sake of passport/citizenship are very common.

P.S; you should not give up your believe for someone, rather accept it on your own, agianst any pressure.
twixy View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twixy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 12:09am

Very Well said AK.

Very consice and to clear to the point.
The first thing that I got in mind was that maybe he wants Kelly to revert because, he want to further the relationship to Marriage, and right to his knowledge is marrying a Muslim Woman. It can also be depending on Culture and Traditions (background) of the person why he wants Kelly to Revert.

Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 8:16am

Hi  Kelly,

I have one short advice for you. You should educate yourself about Islam from good books and from the good sources of knowledge not from Muslims. Many Muslims these days have nothing to do with the true Islam. Many are Muslims just by names.
 May Allah guide us into the truth.Smile

Edited by Full of Hopes - 11 November 2009 at 8:17am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 8:58am
How will Kelly determine "good books" or "good sources" without advice from a Muslim?  After all, good books are written by Muslims.
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 5:13am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

How will Kelly determine "good books" or "good sources" without advice from a Muslim?  After all, good books are written by Muslims.

Good books are written by good Muslims. Those are not the Muslims I am talking about. I mean these days many Muslims do not represent Islam. They just confuse others and give the wrong ideas about this religion.

It is good to read the books of Muslims of the ages of Sahabah and Tabeen, Quraan and Sunnah, Bukhari and Muslim. Then after that reading books of Muslims who followed them in their ways.

May Allah be pleased..

Edited by Full of Hopes - 12 November 2009 at 5:14am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 9:33am
Yeah, I understand, howerver I just question how practical your advice , that she avoid Muslims and read books, will aid her Islamic development.  After all, following your logic, aren't bad books from bad Muslims?  How will she know the difference?
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

How will she know the difference?

Well this is a good question. She needs to start with a good translation of Qura'an which is approved by association of Muslims or a known organization. Then she tries to read Al-Bukhari and Muslim. Then, there are many many books who are known by every Muslim to be true and good sources of Islam. Also reading about the biography of prophet Muhammad peace be upon him is a very good way to know the true Islam and its manners. If you can get Al- Raheek Al- Makhtoom book in English that will be really great.
   And Before everything she needs to ask Allah a lot to guide her into the truth. We all do that and need it even with every prayer.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 12 November 2009 at 5:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic