IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - God and the Spheres  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

God and the Spheres

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 4:55pm

Zaman said:

"That is incorrect, although those elements are abandunt in Earth, in the entire universe they are only in negligible quantities. Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the Universe. The Sun and all the other stars are  almost entirely composed of Hydrogen and its isotopes."

Notice I said "Planets" and not stars as you mention the SUN. You ar eright Hydrogen is the most abudant gas in the universe but all the planets within our solar system contains all of these elements. Some more in percentage in others but regardless my point is clear that all these gases are within most of the planets.

>>>>>The gases condensed because of gravitational force of each other. Because of  intense gravitational force, nuclear fusion started which released heat and prevented the "congregation" of molecules from collapsing further. If I recollect correctly, combusion is defined only for burning due to oxidation. <<<<<

Zaman if I may help you out a little here.....

What I was explaining briefly was the Nebular theory which states: Is the slow collapse of a Nebular cloud. While a star is forming in the center of the cloud out the outer regions of the cloud swirl in a disk like structure (perhaps due to its gravitational effect on those outer regions). In the Theory of Condensation, this inc;udes some of the Nebular theory but, it also incorporates some of the interstellar dust that I was talking about which may have formed the planets. Those interstellar grains actually helped cool the the nebular cloud by radiating the heat and at the same time, atoms would also attach. Evenbtually the dust grains grew into large clumps which eventually could form into planets (known as accretion)  with their own grativational fields which attract materials.

the formation of the planets was also due to their region within the cloud. As the Sun eventually formed the inner protoplanets temparture was higher than that of the outer protoplanets as a result, the gaseous moleculre were too high for them to coalesce and eventually dissipated. The outer planets were in colder regions where they barely had enough gravity.

Zaman I have to disagree with you on nuclear fusion. The reason being is because the early system (Solar System that is) was heated by friction, not by fusion because it would occur later at some time. The Angular momentum didn't really really collapse on itself which instead created Protoplanetary disk  (which I've already explained). Eventually have 100 million years or so THERMOnuclear reactions began to occur which allowed for the protosun to become the Sun.

Edited by Israfil
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 9:33pm

Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

Quote Well besides its incredible look the planets are circular in nature. They are not perfectly rounded due to the gravitational pull of the Sun but, circulkar nontheless.

Planets are round because of surface tension that existed in the primordial fluid and for a fixed volume its sphere that is the geometrical  shape which has smallest surface area.
Also, planets are not perfectly rounded (but oblong in shape i.e world is wider at the Equator) because of the centrifugal force, caused by the Earth's rotation, that the primordial fluid experienced. Gravitational force of Sun will have negligible effect (over shape of the Earth), I think.

To correct myself, circular shape of Stars and palnets is the result of gravitational force.

Surface tension is the cause of spherical shapes of water drops etc.

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Zaman I have to disagree with you on nuclear fusion. The reason being is because the early system (Solar System that is) was heated by friction, not by fusion because it would occur later at some time. The Angular momentum didn't really really collapse on itself which instead created Protoplanetary disk  (which I've already explained). Eventually have 100 million years or so THERMOnuclear reactions began to occur which allowed for the protosun to become the Sun.

First of all pressure increased because  the cloud was collapsing as a result of its own gravitational field, according to Pressure Law, temperature increased proportionately. I doubt if that can be called "friction". Anyway, that is high-school science, its more than 6-7 years, I don't remember in detail.

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 12:46am

"When He wishes something then He says to it "Be" and it is.

Qul in dalaltu fainnama adillu AAala nafsee waini ihtadaytu fabima yoohee ilayya rabbee innahu sameeAAun qareeb

Say: if i go astray verily i go astray upon myself, and if i be guided then it is by what my Lord reveals to me, verily He is hearing, near.[Saba(sheba) 34:50]

reliance on the self is going astray because of the self and going astray for the self, so "upon the self", and reliance on what The Lord reveals is guidance because of The Lord for The Lord.

Saba(sheba) 34:50

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic