IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to differentiate Swine Flu and Regular Flu  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to differentiate Swine Flu and Regular Flu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 1:49pm
Gbbs... can you tell that Martha is joking? Of course its all silly.. we can be silly. 
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

That's a silly suggestion. there are over 6 billion people in the world and avoiding people is simply silly unless you are in secluded area like the amazon.

It's not silly at all.  All other factors being equal, your risk of contracting the flu is roughly proportional to the number of people to whom you are exposed.  If you are at high risk of complications from the flu (e.g. if you're asthmatic or pregnant), now is probably not a good time to be going to places or events like theatres or crowded shopping malls.  (Or like churches or mosques, I would add.)  I'm not saying become a hermit or anything, but it's definitely something to consider.

Quote Getting the swine vaccine is silly in my opinion because the regular flu statistically kills more people than the swine flu.

And heart disease kills more than both.  So what? 

Quote Besides there is no "vaccine" for the regular flu either as many know the virus changes all the time so the vaccine you get only protects you from the most common form not from th flu period.

No, it's not 100% effective, only about 70 to 90% depending on the year.  But again, why not reduce the risk as much as you can?  Hypothetically, if you expect to suffer ten bouts of the flu over the course of your life without regular vaccinations, or one to three with it, why would anybody prefer the former?

I really don't understand you, Gibbs.  I always thought you were a sensible guy. Confused
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 3:10am
Hi Gibbs,
Yes I was joking. I do that occasionally

Ron..I think if we can reduce the risks of getting this then, yes, we should. Don't suggest we all become Howard Hughes with OCD tho

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 12:02pm
Martha quite frankly I don't care if you were joking or not. I'm not joking and quite frankly I'm sick of being told what to think or how to think or who I portray myself to be.

This is quite ridiculous.....it's funny because recently I've been battling the flu and all I have been doing is drinking fluids. I personally don't care what people do to their bodies but in commenting on Ron, coming from someone who is non-muslim and make grandoise comments I'd say you getting the swine flu is as ridiculous as a healthy person getting the flu shot. Flu shot only protects against that common strain when the virus mutates from person to person but um, yeah ok. As far as reducing the risk, you can never reduce the risk of getting something. As mentioned before if you were born in the 70's like I was there was a risk that you were exposed and therefore, developed an immunity. I didn't talk out of my butt when I mentioned this you can google it or ask your local physician. but to each his own.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 10:37pm
Gibbs,
[IMG]smileys/smiley18.gif" align="middle" />
Why are you so cranky with me? I haven't told you what to think or do re: flu.
OK, I like to joke occassionally. TBH if flu was my only health concern right now I would be celebrating.

Edited by martha - 10 November 2009 at 10:39pm
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 5:28pm
The New England Journal of medicine, has a lengthy review article on H1N1 flu.
Title:
Historical Perspective � Emergence of Influenza A (H1N1) Viruses
Volume 361:279-285  July 16, 2009  Number 3

The link is here:

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 12:37pm
I forgot to mention that swine flu isn't FDA approved. Well, we will see the long term effects.

***Edit****

Wifey just told me that it was approved yesterday so I rescind my comment. Here is the following link http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm182399.htm

Edited by Gibbs - 16 November 2009 at 12:39pm
IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IssaEl999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 4:29pm
Many of the so-called '' Vaccines '' That have been Injected  in Children and Adults are Deadly . Most of The  Vaccines that were Injected  into People were done as Experiments as a part of Germ Warfare as well as to see The Effects it would have on The Human Body . They are using You And Your Children As Guinea Pigs .

There Have Beeen Cases Where Immunization Has Killed People .  One Case Is As Follows ;
'' An Eight Year Old Girl Was Awarded Over $15 Million In Damages After Receiving A Dpt ( Diptheria - Pertussis - Tetanus ) Immunization Which Gave Her Permanent Bran Damage At The Age Of ( Three Year Old ) . The Producer Of The Dpt Vaccine , Wyeth Laboratories , Attempted To Deny That The Damage  Was Caused Solely By The Dpt Vaccine , But The Lawyers Proved  There Case To The Satisfaction Of Judge And Jury ( 1990 Graham Vs Wyeth Labs ) . In An Article Written In The Magazine '' Health  Freedom News '' , July / August 1986 A.D. States ; '' Vaccine Is Linked To Brain Damage . 150 Lawsuits Are Pending Against Dpt Vaccine Manufactures Seeking 1.5 Billion In Damages .

You have to also remember that all of this Involves Money . When you take your Childre To The Doctor . You have to Pay Them . This is another one of the reasons why Immunization are required . Organization and Agencies that Promote Vaccines such as ; WHO ( World Health Organization ) , FDA ( Food And Drug Adminstration ) , CDC ( Centers For Disease Control ) , And AMA ( American Medical Association ) Are all involved with Large Drug Companies  Who treat the Diseases and Infections that the Vaccines Cause . So , the same way Druge are Targeted to make a certain group of people Addicts , People are Intentionally given Diseases disguised under the name '' Vaccines '' just so that you can spend even more money buying Druges or Medication to cure it . Each of these Businesses are Linked in to each other right down to The Ny - Quil commercial that you see on Television

In 1918 A.D. During the first World War that Immunization for Influena / '' Flu '' Was made mandatory for all Servicemen . The year 1918 A.D. Was the same year of what became known as The '' Great Flu Epidemic '' Which was name '' The Spanich Influeza '' Needless to say it was name this to Hide where it Originated which was at A Military Base In Kansa , USA . The Military Hospital Were Filled With More ( Victims Of The Flu Vabbine Than Wound And Injuries From The War . ) This One Flu Epidemic Killed Over 20 Million People And People Who Did Not Die , Or Managed To Live Through It , Are The ( Ones Who Refused To Take The Vaccine ) .

Today , There has been a Warning about A '' Killer Flu '' That will strike America . They say that this type of Flu - Called A Pandemic - Only comes Periodically . The last Major Flu Pandemic took place in Hong Kong In 1968 A.D. And killed more than 70,000 People in The United States alone . Dominck Iauzio . Of The National Institute Of Allergy And Infectious Diseases say that , '' It Would Cause Severe Disease And Widespread Infection Because No One Would Have Antibodies For It . Doctors are trying to monitor this New Virus but they are never sure . They are trying to give Vaccinations to people to prevent them from catching this deadly new killer Flu , But they all agree that they could not possibly Vaccinate the world population all at once .

It doesn't stop there . Remember back in The 70's , 1976 A.D. to be exact , People were required to get a New Vaccine called The Swine Flu . It was a great deception . As you can read from the name , It was intended for Swine or Pigs . The Swine Vaccine was originally developed for use in the Swine Breeding Industry . Swine breeders were cautious of Vaccines because they had noticed a paralled developing with Human Vaccines where people would get the disease that The Vaccine was developed to prevent . Swine Breeders were also shocken when Vaccinated Pigs collapsed and died . They feared that their herds would be totally terminated because of The Vaccine . The Breeder objected , So the Drug Manufactures turned to The Centers For Disease Control In Athlanta , Georgia for help in getting back the money that was Invested In The Swine Flu Vaccine . This Is When They Decided To Market The Swine Flu Vaccine To Humans . Also Make Note That They Call It The Center Of Disease Control Not Disease Prevention . That Mean That They Control All Of The ( Diseases , Virus , Bacteria , Etc . That Can Cause Any Type Of Sickness . And If They Want To Release A Virus , Just As A Test , They Can . The Beast And His Campanions Are The Least Bit Concerned With Your Lives .

Is This Swine Flu , The Same Guillian - Barre Syndrome That There Was A Big Controversy About ?  Yes , The Swine Flu was also known as Guillian - Barre Syndrome  pronounced { Gee - An Bah - Ray } , By the medical world . It is also known as Guillian - Barre Strohi Syndrome And Polyneuritis . According to The Grolier's Encyclopedia , Guillain - Barre Syndrome is ;

... A Disease Of The Peripheral Nervous System Often Characterized In Its Early Stage By Pain And Perathesia ( Numbing And Tingling ) Of The Limbs . Paralysis Of Limb , Trunk , Facial , And Thoracic Muscles May Develop , Complicating Circulatory And Respiratory Functions In Severe Cases . Full Recovery , Taking From A Few Weeks To Several Months , Is Common , Although Residual Paralysis And Even Death Can Result . No Cure Is Known , But An Infectious Agent , Probably Viral , Is Suspected . The Disease Often Occurs 1 To 3 Week After The Patient Has Suffered A Mild Gastrointestinal Or Respiratory Infection . There Has Also Been A Noticeable Incidence Of The Disease In Certain Recently Inoculated Patients . A Vaccine Used To Combat The 1976 - 77 Swine Flu Epidemic Was Implicated In Several Cases Of Guillain - Barre Syndrome . The Disease Is Named For The French Physicians Georges Guillain And Jean N Barre Who , With A . Strohl , Described It In A 1916  Publication .

Of Course , They Will Never Tell You The Facts Concerning This So - Called Vaccine . On April 15 , 1976 A.D. Congress Passed Public Law 94 - 266 , Which Provided $ 135 Million To Pay For The National Swine Flu Inoculation Campaign .

Didn't The Scientist And Doctor Involved Tell People About What Was Going On ?
There Was One Physician Who Knew The Truth About The Swine Flu And Its Affects On Humans . Dr . Anthony Morris , Director Of The Virus Bureau At The Food And Drug Administration , And Spoke Out Against It And Declared '' There Could Be No Authentic Swine Flu Vaccine Because There Had Never Been Any Cases Of Swine Flu On Which They Could Test It '' . Dr . Morris Went Public With His Claims However , It Was , Not Enough Because This Campagign Was Heavily Promoted By The Former President , Gerald Rudolph The Department Of Health Education And Wefare Distributed The Vaccine To State And Local Health Agenies On A National Basis So That Individuals Could Get Vaccinated At No Chatge . Gerald Ford Even Went As Far As . Going On Public Television , Sponsored By CBS , Asking People To Get This Vaccine . It Was Estimated That 215 Million People Viewed The Program .

Until this very day . People are still suffering from this Disease that they had been Deceived Into Getting . The list goes on and on from The Small Pox Vaccine right up to the present day AIDS Epidemic . Injection people with Infectious Disease is just a small part of trying to control the world's Population , Have or use body Parts , And trying out new war games and weapons on the enemy . The enemy has become the citized of the very countries that you all live in .

Mother Nature Is Fighting Back . Now That Scientist Think They Have A Disease Under Control , The Microbes Are Outsmarting Them And They Have Become Immune To The Very Vaccines That Were Developed To Supposedly Stop Them . On The Cover Of Time Maazine , Dated September 12 , 1994 , Revenge Of The Killer Microbes , Featured These New Viruses That Are Out Of Control . And Just Because They Are Not All Over The Media , Does Not Mean That They Does Not Exist Anymore Or Have Disappeared . It Just Means That They Have Pushed It To The Backburner . They Are Still Keeping Up With It , You Just Don't Know About It . And Whatever Effects Come From These Thing That They Are Keeping Secret From The Public , Will Just Happen And You Will Not Even Know What Hit You . Don't Be Fool Into Thinking That The Media Keeps You Posted On Everything That Is Happening In The World Because They Are Not . A Lot Of The Things That You Do Not Know About Is For You Benefit .What You See On The News Is 4 Times Less Than What Really Took Place . Some Things The Public Is Just Not Ready For . It May Cause Mass Hysteria Simply Because You Will Not Know What To Do .

El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic