IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to differentiate Swine Flu and Regular Flu  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to differentiate Swine Flu and Regular Flu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

Ron Webb I don't understand how you want to get vaccinated because you don't like the symptoms of the flu.

Huh?  What's not to understand?  If I don't get vaccinated, there's something like a 30% chance that I'll get the flu.  If I can reduce those odds for no cost, why wouldn't I? Confused
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 5:46pm
But there is a good chance you were exposed to the flu anyway. Besides scientist and clinicians have shown regular flu kills more people than swine flu
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 6:23pm
I'm still Confused, Gibbs:
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

But there is a good chance you were exposed to the flu anyway.
So what?  There's an even better chance that I wasn't.
Quote Besides scientist and clinicians have shown regular flu kills more people than swine flu
Yes. I'll be getting both vaccines.  They're two separate diseases, but they're both miserable, and I don't want either.  But it's not about dying -- as I said, that's a negligible risk anyway.  I just don't want to be lying in bed for days with a sore throat and a high fever.

What am I missing here?  Why wouldn't I get vaccinated?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 12:47pm
there is nothing you are missing I'm saying in subtle fashion that you immune system has been exposed and you have already developed an immune system to the swine flu. But whatever to each its own. I'm trying to save you from being in a line and besides an unnecessary vaccine.
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 11:29pm
By my side, I got the vaccine of regular flu last month, but for the other one, I don't feel I need it.

I am just taking care of my temperature, and if I saw it's suddenly increased, I would go to the hospital.

At the same time, I am trying to be healthy, eating in good way, taking lot of fruits and vitamines... I think that is the only thing we should do, to take care of our health in case we got it to be able to face it.

But I am not afraid, it's unfortunately a luck matter (or at least that's my feeling).

Regards
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 4:44am
Either you get it or not. If you have a compromised immune system (like asthma) it could be deadly. I already had the flu - I usually get it early if I get it. Sick a week and done.  The flu is deadly if you have a weka immune system or you do not rest and heal.

Avoid people and carry sanitizer.. amd wash hands for 30 seconds. And pray.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 6:36am
'Avoid people and carry sanitizer.. amd wash hands for 30 seconds. And pray.'

Hey, how about avoiding people,period, lol!!
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 11:33am
That's a silly suggestion. there are over 6 billion people in the world and avoiding people is simply silly unless you are in secluded area like the amazon. Getting the swine vaccine is silly in my opinion because the regular flu statistically kills more people than the swine flu. Besides there is no "vaccine" for the regular flu either as many know the virus changes all the time so the vaccine you get only protects you from the most common form not from th flu period.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic