IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: -
    Posted: 22 October 2009 at 2:57am
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 30 October 2009 at 8:45am
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 10:08am
Salams Brother Jamal.Some people just fear The Truth.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 10:46am
It is a good article written by a well travelled man, who has the sense to see that muslims can positively contribute to whichever society/culture they live in.
Unfortunately not all can see his vision.
In the UK there is a general fear of all things portrayed in a bad light...this can include (excuse the generalisation here) the problems in the US with guns to the extremist muslims intent on causing havoc on non-believers and fellow muslims alike. Britons generally do not like violence . They like a peaceful life. They generally like and are willing to help all people .
But people can be ignorant... and they are not necessarily to blame for that..fear can take control of a person's mind..so it remains for the good muslims everywhere to dispel the myths about Islam being a religion of hate. I have to say though...it is not an easy quest.
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 11:09am
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 30 October 2009 at 8:46am
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 1:56pm
Salaams brother,

I have read the link...so who are these people that perpetrate crime? It doesn't say.

I stand by what I said previously...the Britons generally do not like violence.

If you want a general picture of how British people are might I suggest watching tonights Question Time...where the leader of the BNP Nick Griffin had his first opportunity to promote on air his views. See the reaction of the audience and the protestors outside the bbc centre.

And actually, despite Britain supposedly being the most violent country in the EU, and probably also being the smallest, crime has actually decreased.

I don't know why you can't just accept the views of British people, instead of relying on the western media, which most here seem to suggest is unreliable( until it suits of course). You really enjoy picking holes in this nation, lol. Maybe I should return the favour.
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic