IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Recognize HIM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recognize HIM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recognize HIM
    Posted: 15 October 2009 at 1:56am

Who refused to give "Pen & Page" to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) when he demanded during the ending days of his life and he said "Give me a pen and page so that i can write a letter for you whivh will always lead you to right way' then who said "Prophet is not in his sences (Nauzbillah),no need to give him pen & page,HASBO NA KITABALLAH (Quran is enough for us). Then prophet said to him " Go away"

Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 8:26pm

wa alikum asslam
Umar is the one u mean, but the story isn't like this exactly.

Here is the hadith from Al-Bukhari,

Edited by Full of Hopes - 21 November 2009 at 4:08am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 4:09am

Ibn Abbas (RAA- may Allah be pleased on him) said: " When the ailment of the prophet peace be upon him became worse, he said: 'Bring to me (writing) paper and I will write for you a statement after which you will not go astray. ;But Umar (RAA may Allah be plaesed on him) said, "The prophet is seriously ill, and we have got Allah's Book with us and that is sufficient for us.' But the companions of the prophet (PBUH) differed about this and there were a hue and cry. On that the prophet  peace be upon him said to them, ;Go awaw (and leave me alone). It is not right that you should quarrel in front of me.'" [1:114-O.B.]
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 1:02pm

Clap good job.. but just be careful, the hadith did not  say a pen and paper. That is today. why did not you say and a note book or laptop??? lol

Just a peice of information for the clear minds if they come here. The great Umar, may Alla be pleaed on him and he is pealsed on him, wanted the prophet peace be upon him to rest because he was full of mercy on him. He saw that he was so ill to say anthing to the writer while sick minds understand the mercy as what their ill minds tell them.

Good way of asking and let me ask: WHO joined the prophet in his journey from Makkah to Madinah? and Who did the prophet peace upon him said his name when he was asked about the most beloved person to his heart? Who is the prophet peace be up on him lay with in his his grave? and who was the first one to announce his Islam? Who immigrated form Makkah to Madinah and said: The brave is the one who follow me???

Poor guy if you mean to say anything about Umar, may Allah be pleased on him... really poor poor poor poor, we say in Arabic, maskeeeeeen!! LOL

Edited by Full of Hopes - 21 November 2009 at 1:04pm
UmmFatima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmFatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 4:00am
What does the Quran say about Umar?
�Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us leaders of the God-fearing.� -Al-Furqan 74
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by UmmFatima UmmFatima wrote:

What does the Quran say about Umar?

The Quran doesn't mention Umar(r) by name or any other companions for that matter but when you do a research Allah prohibited booze consumption cuz Umar(r) had hoped for cuz he hated its devastation on society!
The names of companions are not mentioned in Quran till you read the commentary and match the events then you find out who is who Allah talks about! But this is what Allah refers about the companions...

9:100 (Y. Ali) The vanguard (of Islam)- the first of those who forsook (their homes) and of those who gave them aid, and (also) those who follow them in (all) good deeds,- well- pleased is Allah with them, as are they with Him: for them hath He prepared gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: that is the supreme felicity. 

Then there are ten companions who were guaranteed paradise by Allah to Prophet for their sacrifices, Umar is #2 on the list..................................

1. Sayyidina Abu Bakr as-Siddiq (51 B.H-13 A.H; 573-634 C.E)

2. Sayyidina 'Umar al-Faruq (40 B.H-23 A.H; 584-644 C.E)

3. Sayyidina 'Uthman Dhun-Nurayn (47 B.H- 35 A.H; 577-656 C.E)

4. Sayyidina 'Ali al-Murtada (23 B.H- 40 A.H; 600-661 C.E)

5. Sayyidina Talha ibn 'Ubaydillah (28 B.H-36 A.H; 596-656 C.E)

6. Sayyidina Zubayr ibn al-'Awwaam (28 B.H-36 A.H; 596-656 C.E)

7. Sayyidina 'AbdurRahman ibn 'Awf (passed away 31 A.H/654 C.E)

8. Sayyidina Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas (23 B.H-55 A.H; 600-675 C.E)

9. Sayyidina Sa'id ibn Zayd (passed away 51 A.H)

10. Sayyidina Abu 'Ubayda, 'Aamir ibn 'Abdillah ibn al-Jarrah,

may Allah be pleased with them all.

Edited by Sign*Reader - 04 March 2010 at 1:46pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 6:18am
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اللهم صلي على نبينا محمد و على آله و صحبه و سلم

Yeah, Subahallah, brother Sign Reader, look at MANY MANY ayas thanked and praised the Sahabah, the companions of the prophet, peace be upon him, the ones who left their homes and families for the sake of Allah.. and the people in Madinah who accepted them and shared their families with them.

Then they all agreed to choose Abu Baker, peace be upon him, as the first calipha, then they all choose Umar, RAA, as the second calipha.

Subahannalh, people do not educate themselves of the things that do not go with their desires.
 May Allah guide the lost.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 04 March 2010 at 6:21am
UmmFatima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmFatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 11:25am
I'm a little skeptical of Islamic history after the Prophet - I mean, he didn't designate Abu Bakr as Khalifa, nor did he directly command a shura to chose other Khulafa...

I think we need to not over-glorify people who grabbed for power as soon as it was offered to them.

The Prophet (s) is our best example, and he was always humble. The companions had WARS with each other after he (s) returned to Allah. Is it possible that two people going to Jenna could be in battle against each other? I don't want to pick on anyone but what were Talha and Zubair doing against their Khalifa Ali when Ayesha decided to attack him? Is this what people who go to Jenna do? Kill other Muslims??
�Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us leaders of the God-fearing.� -Al-Furqan 74
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic