IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Universalism and Unitarianism in the Qur'an  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Universalism and Unitarianism in the Qur'an

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeshuafreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Universalism and Unitarianism in the Qur'an
    Posted: 14 October 2009 at 1:31pm
I am reading the Quran, on Surah 3. and i have some questions.

do you beleive that God chose Ishmael AND Isaac, or Ishmael NOT Isaac. Or Ishmael INSTEAD of Isaac.

do you believe that Christianity superceded Judaism, and then Islam superceded Christianiy?

do you believe that all go to heaven in due time? are there exeptions?

what is sufism overall? i cannot find a good definition. can it be compared to Kabbalah in Judaism?

AND MY MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: Do you believe that Chrisitanity, Judaism and Islam are all valid ways to reach Allah, or is Islam the only way? from what i read, the Qur'an seems to be very inclusive of christianity and judaism as valid religions, but other statements seem to be very exclusive and claim that the Al'Qur'an is the only way.

What if i accept the Qur'an, bible, AND the law? then is the answer to the above question different?

thank you and shalom
yeshuafreak
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2009 at 11:55pm
Shalom Yeshufreak. Smile,

Am sorry for being late to respond to your post. I was waiting for other members, who are blessed with good knowledge in comparitive studies. I shall try to answer you, insha Allah.

do you believe that God chose Ishmael AND Isaac, or Ishmael NOT Isaac. Or Ishmael INSTEAD of Isaac.
Can you pls make clear your question. I did not understand. God [Allah} chose both of them as Prophets.--- bUT STILL, be little clear with your question. May be you will get this answered reading below.insha Allah.

do you believe that Christianity superceded Judaism, and then Islam superceded Christianiy?

Yeshufreak, we believe that Islam is the religion which was given to Adam, the first man and the first prophet of Allah, and it was the religion of all the prophets sent by Allah to mankind. All the Prophets, right from Adam, Noah, Moses, Isa {To name a few} were all sent with the same message. Final Prophet over this earth is Prophet Muhammad {Peace be upon him].

You are reading the third chapter na ! can u kindly go thru this ayah of the same chapter.

"133. Or were you witnesses when death approached Ya`qub (Jacob) When he said unto his sons, "What will you worship after me'' They said, "We shall worship your AIlah (God  Allah) the Ilah of your fathers, Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma`il (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), One Ilah, and to Him we submit (in Islam.

Ilah is God - Allah.

You must have noticed in this ayah, that his sons said, they shall worsip the same Allah, of their fathers, Abraham, Ishmael and Isaac. This explains us that Islam is the religion of all the Prophets, even if their respective laws differed according to their times.

Prophet Muhammad said,We, the Prophets, are brothers with different mothers, but the same religion".

AND MY MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: Do you believe that Chrisitanity, Judaism and Islam are all valid ways to reach Allah, or is Islam the only way? from what i read, the Qur'an seems to be very inclusive of christianity and judaism as valid religions, but other statements seem to be very exclusive and claim that the Al'Qur'an is the only way.

Allah revealed in His final testament, " If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah (God) never will It be accepted of Him" (Soorah Aal'imraan 3:85) - in the same chapter you are reading --.

So my friend, Islam is the only religion accepted by Allah. Its important for the people of this age, era, to follow only Islam {Accept Allah as their only God, And Muhammad, as His final Prophet.

You know Yeshufreak that the gap between Abraham and Moses was abt 1000 years, Moses and Jesus was approxmately,2000 years.  Between these years, people of those times, changed the revealations.

Read this ayah from the same chapter you are reading.Here Allah gave glad tidings about Jesus to mother Mary,

"49. And will make him a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, a figure like that of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave; and I heal the blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allah's leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.''

50. "(And I have come) confirming that which was before me of the
Tawrah, and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So have Taqwa of Allah and obey me.''

51. "Truly, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the straight path.''

Few points to be noted Yeshufreak, from the above ayah, that we believe that Jesus was sent  as a prophet only towards people of Israel,then. All the Prophets were sent towards  a community of group, but the final Prophet of Allah swt, is for whole of mankind. Even the final testament {Qur'an} is for the mankind.

Anyways, the point i were discussing is, which is in bold, whrein Jesus says that, he has come to make lawful of what was forbidden. People fabricated the torah and made permissible things to unpermisible and those unlawful to lawful. Jesus came and corrected them.

Similarly when there was lots of gap between Jesus and Prophet Muhammad people tampered, fabricated, and altered both the Books, {Torah and Injeel}. Prophet Muhammad was revealed with all the corrections, and Qur'an is the final Book. This book stands as a challenge before whole world. Its today in the same state as been revealed. So we are to follow this Qur'an. Allah revealed in the Qur'an,

"And this Qur'an is not such as could ever be produced by other than Allah (Lord of the heavens and the earth), but it is a confirmation of (the revelation) which was before it (i.e. the Tawrah, and the Injil), and a full explanation of the Book (i.e. Laws decreed for mankind) ـ wherein there is no doubt ـ from the Lord of all that exists"

Qur'an is the confirmation from of both the Books.

Those to whom We gave the Scripture (i. e. the Tawrah and the Injil) before it, they believe in it (the Qur'an). And when it is recited to them, they say: "We believe in it. Verily, it is the truth from our Lord. Indeed even before it we have been from those who submit themselves to Allah in Islam as Muslims. These will be given their reward twice over, because they are patient, and repel evil with good, and spend (in charity) out of what We have provided them.) (28:52-54)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2009 at 12:07am
Originally posted by yeshuafreak yeshuafreak wrote:

I

do you believe that all go to heaven in due time? are there exeptions?

Al those who believe in Allah swt and Muhammad {pbuh}, as the final messenger of Allah, go to heaven. Yes, these kind of believers pass thru hell if they commit sins and not seek forgiveness from God, untill death.

Of people during early times, they were to believe in Allah swt as their only God, and accept the Prophet of their time. Like people during Jesus , who accepted him as their messenger, as well believed in Allah swt as their only God, will go to heaven.

what is sufism overall? i cannot find a good definition. can it be compared to Kabbalah in Judaism?

I went thru wikipedia, abt Kabbalah.  I am of the opinion thta its not like sufism. Anyways, Yeshufreak, i would advice you to kindly concentrate over reading Qur'an. You are welcome with questions. Also, kindly note that Qur'an can be well understood by the sayings of Prophet Muhammad, that give us good commentary of Qur'an.

What if i accept the Qur'an, bible, AND the law? then is the answer to the above question different?

Look, brother, we muslims, believe in the Books revealed earlier {BOTH Torah as well Injeel}. We accept them, as the books of Lord, but we don't follow those Books, {as they are tampered}. Allah swt also commanded us to follow Qur'an . As said, Qur'an contains laws from both Injeel and Torah.

thank you and shalom
yeshuafreak

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2009 at 12:11am
You can read the Qur'an with its commentary and understand it deeply thru this link

If you don't want  to download, and read directly from the site, click here

In both the cases, you can click over the chapters of Qur'an you wish to read.

Waiting for your response and with a prayer, 'May Lord, guide all of us, to the right path, and make us amongst the righteous"Ameen

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic