IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to get a certian prayer answered, needsomehelp  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to get a certian prayer answered, needsomehelp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hinashayan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get a certian prayer answered, needsomehelp
    Posted: 05 October 2009 at 12:10pm
AOA members
my name is hina i just joined today:) my question is how to get a certain prayer answered. I know namaz is the key to it but is there something else i can do along with it maybe a certain chapter from Quran or a special prayer! i heard if one prays for 40 days and doesn't miss any namaz (including tahajad) then the prayer will surely get answered and answered fast i dont know if thats true? so i hope i made sense to you guyz.. please let me know is there a certian way to conduct this!
jazakAllah memebers
may Allah always smile upon all of you Ameen
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 7:17pm
As Salamu Alaikum,

Welcome to the discussions of IC, sis.

Spend something in charity. Tahajjud as you said, works out well. Ask by the names of Allah swt. What i feel is any dua made out of heart with full sincerity and certainity that its going to be accepted, gets answered. I guess of you from your post that you do know the best hours and times when the duas are answered. Follow them. ANy dua if  unanswered, either turns away some evil that was going to inflict us, or Allah (SWT) reserves its rewards for the hereafter. Have trust in Him, totally.

Also a reminder :

Prophet Muhammad said �You will responded to as long as you are not hasty, meaning that a person says, �I have prayed and prayed and my prayer has not been answered!�� (Bukhari, Muslim)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 5:31am

These etiquettes are narrated in the Hadith. For reasons of brevity, only the following summary and reference of each Hadith is mentioned instead of the entire Hadith.

1. To abstain from haraam food, clothing and earnings. (Muslim : Tirmizi)
  2. To make Duaa with sincerity. In other words, one should firmly believe that nobody but Allah Ta'aala will fulfill his objectives. (Haakim)
  3. One should perform a good deed prior to making the Duaa & he should mention this during the course of the Duaa. For eg. He should say, O Allah! I had performed so & so deed solely for Your pleasure. O Allah! accept my Duaa due to the barkat of that deed. (Muslim, Tirmizi, Abu Daud).
  4. To make Duaa whilst one is paak & clean. (Tirmizi, Abu Daud, ibne Majah, Nasai, ibe Hibbaan, Mustadrak).
  5. To make wudhu before the Duaa (Sihah-Sittah)
  6. To face the Qiblah (Sihah-Sittah)
  7. To sit as in the Tashahhud position (Abu Awanah)
  8. To praise Allah Ta'aala at the beginning as well as at the end of Duaa (Sihah-Sittah)
  9. To convey Durood upon Rasulullah ( ) at the beginning as well as the end. (Abu Daud, Musnade-Ahmad)
  10. To spread out both the hands. (Tirmizi, Mustadrak)
  11. To raise both the hands up to the shoulders (Abu Daud, Musnade-Ahmad)
  12. To sit with humility and respect. (Muslim, Abu Daud, Tirmizi, Abu Daud)
  13. To mention ones helplessness and dependence. (Tirmizi)
  14. To abstain from raising the eyes towards the sky whilst making Duaa (Muslim)
  15. To mention the Asmaal-Husnaa (the names of Allah Ta'aala ) and the sublime qualities Of Allah Ta'aala. (Ibe Hibbaan and Mustadrak)
  16. To abstain from ceremonies rhyming of the Duaa phrases (Bukhari)
  17. To abstain from saying the Duaa in a "sing-song" tone if the Duaa is in a poetic form (Hisn)
  18. One should make Duaa through the medium of the Ambiyaa (alayhimus-salaam) and other Pious servants. (For eg. He should say. O Allah! Accepts my Duaa through The good offices of these saintly people). (Bukhari, Bazzaar, Haakim)
  19. To make the Duaa in a soft voice (Sihah-Sittah on the authority if Abu Musa )
  20. To utter the Duaa phrases transcribed from Rasulullah Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam because Rasulullah Didn't leave out a single need of the Deen nor of the dunya whilst teaching us how to make Duaa (Abu Daud/Nasai)
  21. To make a Duaa that encompasses most of the needs of Deen and the dunya. (Abu Daud)
  22. To make Duaa in favour of oneself first, thereafter ones parents and to include the other Muslims in the Duaa as well (Muslims)
  23. If the Imam is making Duaa, he should not make Duaa for himself only but he should Include all the congregants in the Duaa (Abu Daud, Tirmizi, ibne Majah)Abu Daud (R.A.) Narrates that Rasulullah Said that the Imam who makes Duaa for himself only, has betrayed the people." In other words, the Imam should not Make a Duaa that is restricted to him alone. For eg. He should not say, "O Allah! cure my son." or "O Allah! Return my lost item." etc. but he should make a Duaa that includes all the congregation for eg. He may say "O Allah! Forgive us and have mercy upon us."
  24. To make Duaa with firm conviction (for eg. he should not say: "O Allah! If you wish fulfil so and so task of mine." (Sihah-Sittah)
  25. To make Duaa with enthusiasm & yearning. (Ibne Hibbn & Abu Awana).
  26. As far as possible endeavour to bring about a "presence of heart and mind" and cherish a high hope of the Duaa being accepted.(Haakim)
  27. To make Duaa repeatedly. (Bukhari, Muslim) This repetition should be at least thrice (Abu Daud)Note One may repeat the Duaa thrice in none sitting or he may repeat it on three different occasions. The "repetition of the Duaa" can be interpreted in both ways."
  28. To make Duaa earnestly and insistently. (Nasai, Hakim, Abu awanah)
  29. To abstain from making Duaa of severing family ties or other sins. (Muslim, Tirmizi)
  30. Avoid making Duaas of pre-determined and fixed things (for eg woman should not make a duaa of being transformed into a man or a tall person shouldn't make Duaa thus:"O Allah! Make me short ." etc) (Nasai).
  31. Don't Make Duaa for impossible things. (Bukhari)
  32. Don't make a Duaa in which you ask Allah Ta'aala to confine His mercy to yourself Only (Bukhari, Abu Daud, Nasai, ibne Majah)
  33. Ask only Allah Ta'aala alone for all your needs. Do not depend upon His creation. (Tirmizi/ibne Hibbaan)
  34. The one making the Duaa as well as the person listening to it, both should say Aameen at the end. (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Daud, Nasai)
  35. Rub both hands over the face at the termination of the Duaa (Abu Daud, Tirmizi,ibne Hibbaan, Majah, Hakim)
  36. Don't be impatient over the acceptance of Duaas. In other words, don't say: "I've made Duaa repeatedly but to no avail." (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Daud, Nasai, ibne Majah)
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 9:38am

Subhanallah,

This is very useful. Jazakum Allah Khairn.
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic