IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - problems in marriage  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

problems in marriage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 4:30pm
Sister,in my life,I have expeirenced deep depressions. I found these things helped me: I saw a doctor,got on anti depressants,I increased my physical activity(which release's endorfins in the brain,and lifts the mood)I cut out anything in my diet that I found triggered a depressed state,like chocolate,and caffeine,sugar.I also cut out people from my life that were toxic to my well being. Do you live in a place that has a good amount of sunshine?Even in the winter? There is a disorder called "S.A.D" (Seasonal Affected Disorder)Just TRY to remember,when you are going thru a depressive time,to KNOW that it WILL pass,and you WILL survive it. Hang in there sister,TRY to think positivly,and see a doctor ASAP.
Moonie
Meryem View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meryem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 7:14am

patience is the key to all this husband and wife problems, and if you really love your husband , u will try to be more patient

may allah protect you both and solve your problem

Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 9:03pm
Dear Sister Kiny,

I pray that your depression leaves you inshallah. I have had many problems but also many good times in my marriage that will be 8 yrs this July. I felt the same way at the beginning of our marriage. If you feel like crying, try going into another room in your home and cry there. (that is if your husband is home). Some men just don't like crying, they deal with their emotions differently. They like to see you happy. We all would like you to be happy. Life can get quite strange at times. You know, if he is there and you feel like crying, try thinking of a happy moment that the two had before. In other words, try getting your mind to think of something else. When your husband is not home, keep yourself busy. Try new things you haven't done. But most importantly, keep your faith in Allah and pray for you and your husbands life to be good. And thank Allah for the things that you have in life. May Allah help and protect you. My salam...
yasmina View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yasmina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 5:53am

Dear sister Assalamu aleikum.

I'm in the same situation.......but  i keep emotion from my husband,i'm far from from my country,from my parents.I have o lot of problems,but Alhamdulilah i know i should  be "SABR".Be strong,if you missing about you'r sisters and parents and think about them always?.is it changes you'r emotion to the best part?.you should seek contentment of Allah,not you'r emotion.you'r emotional character brings you only injury.try change!.is medication helped in difficult situation for Sahabs.....for practice muslims?.Allah helps to obtain in soul tolerance by remembering Him.Drug which you contribute....is temporary,it dosen't changes anything.try change yourself.Pray Allah to give you change,to through  depress from you'r heart.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 1:59am

Perhaps Sister, you need to find some activities to keep yourself busy, hence keep depression away. If your 'depression' is actually serious, and not just moodiness, please consult a psycholgist. . . it will help greatly. Perhaps you have a close friend whom you can confide in? Sometimes, emptying ones chest really helps. If not . . . perhaps u could make an anonymous online friend (female) and share ur troubles without revealing any personal/private/detailed info . . . You just need a support-group.

An Idle mind is the Devil's workshop :) I myself feel down at times, when I have nothing to do. When my classes are off, or I dont have a hobby/activity at the time. . . I too start feeling down. . .  Try find an activity for yourself, such as a hobby, pet etc. Take part in a course/classes of any sort.

Pets (if you can take care of them, only then) are also a GREAT way to relieve stress. . .
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic