IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2009 at 7:36pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Sorry for being late to respond your PM, full of hopes Smile. Unable to manage things properly around me.-- Insha Allah, shall sort out soon and be regular here.

Anyways, i had notes about the attribute of Allah - Al-Azeez

Bismillah

Allah azza wa jal says in surah Fussilat ayah 41:

وَإِنَّهُ لَكِتَابٌ عَزِيزٌ

And verily, it is surely an �Azeez Book

Allah ta�ala emphasizes twice in this ayah to show that this Book is �Azeez. �Inna� in the beginning and the �laam� infront of �Kitaab�.

This Book is �Azeez in three ways:

1-Qadr -it is a respectable and honorable Book.

2- Ghalbah- a Book that is mighty. It is ghaalib (overpowering) with regards to its proof. It overpowers everything else.

3- Imtina�aa- Imtina�aa is to not let anything harm you. It is a strong and firm Book.

Allah ta�ala explains in the next ayah how the Qur�an is �Azeez:

لَّا يَأْتِيهِ الْبَاطِلُ مِن بَيْنِ يَدَيْهِ وَلَا مِنْ خَلْفِهِ

Falsehood cannot come to it from before it or behind it. (41:42)

From before and behind means baatil cannot approach or enter it. Baatil refers to:

1- that which is not part of the Qur�an cannot enter it and that which is in the Qur�an cannot be taken out.

2- According to Qatadah, Baatil refers to Shaytan. Shaytan cannot alter it or change its wahy (revelation).

3- taktheeb: denial. Taktheeb coming from front of it means a book from the past that contradicts it. There is no scripture from the past that contradicts it. Taktheeb coming from behind it means no book in the future can refute, abrogate or nullify it.

Baatil cannot approach it because it is:

تَنزِيلٌ مِّنْ حَكِيمٍ حَمِيدٍ

(it is) sent down by the All-Wise, Worthy of all praise. (41:42)

It is a book from Allah azza wa jal. Tanzeel is a gradual revelation.

He is:

Hakeem: He ta�ala has made the Book in such a style, with such meanings, evidence and examples that no baatil cannot enter it.

Hameed: He ta�ala is Praiseworthy because He revealed such a book. Only He could reveal a Book that is applicable in every era, for every time and for everyone.

Despite many efforts to change the Qur�an since its revelation, nothing can be altered or added to it because it is revealed from Al Hakeem Al Hameed.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 10:04am

Asslamu Alikum Wa Rahmatu Allah

Great sister Seek may Allah bless you. It tells some special features of this book. We can add more. As for the time do not say sorry, me too so busy. We just have to fight to do it. Allah will help us to do more here and benefit many people even after we leave or die.
 May Allah have mercy on us.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 2:02pm

Asslamu Alaikum

sisters I wonder about something and hope you can answer me. Is it right the Christians do not say Allah??? They say only God? Is not Allah is God in their believes? please reply about this part. I have heard about it but not sure.

If it is true, then we all have to use only Allah to differ from them.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 21 October 2009 at 2:04pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 8:03am

Bisillahi ArRahman Al-Raheem

Hadith #1

"Actions are but by intentions"

'Umar b. al-Khattab narrated that the Prophet (S) said: Deeds are [a result] only of the intentions [of the actor], and an individual is [rewarded] only according to that which he intends. Therefore, whosoever has emigrated for the sake of Allah and His messenger, then his emigration was for Allah and His messenger. Whosoever emigrated for the sake of worldly gain, or a woman [whom he desires] to marry, then his emigration is for the sake of that which [moved him] to emigrate." Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim.

Al-Shafi'i said that it comprises a third of all religious knowledge. Ahmad b. Hanbal said that the principles axes of Islam, in terms of hadith, are three: the hadith of 'Umar that "deeds are judged only by intention,....."

The first sentence of the hadith, "innama al-a'mal bi-l-niyyat," is a declaration that the voluntary actions of a person are a consequence only of that person's purpose to perform the act or bring it into existence ("la taqa' illa 'an qasd min al-'amil huwa sabab 'amaliha wa wujudiha.").? The second sentence, "wa innama li-kulli imri` ma nawa,"is a declaration of religion's judgment of the act in question ("ikbar 'an al-hukm al-shar'i").? Thus, if the intention motivating an act is good, then performance of the act is good and the person receives its reward..  Big%20smile

As for the corrupt intention, the action it motivates is corrupt, and the person receives punishment. Confused

If the intention motivating the act is permissible, then the action is permissible, and the actor receives neither reward nor punishment.

Therefore, acts in themselves, their goodness, foulness or neutrality, from the perspective of religion, are judged according to the actor's intention that caused their existence.Wink

Despite the importance of having a good niyya, and its centrality to Islam, it is among the most difficult things to achieve.Geek

Thus, Sufyan al-Thawri is reported to have said, "Nothing is more difficult for me to treat than my intention (niyya) for indeed it turns on me!."? Yusuf b. Asbat said, "Purifying one's intention from corruption is more difficult for persons than lengthy exertion (ijtihad)."..Ouch

An act that is not done sincerely for the sake of Allah may be divided into parts:

The first is that which is solely for display (riya) such that its sole motivation is to be seen by others in order to achieve a goal in the profane world, as was the case of the Hypocrites in their performance of prayer, where Allah described them as "When they join prayer, they go lazily [with the purpose] of displaying [themselves] to the people." Ouch

At other times, an action might be partially for the sake of Allah and partially to display one's self in front of the people. If the desire to display one's self arose at the origin of the action, then the action is vain.
   Imam Ahmad reports that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "When Allah gathers the first [of His creation] and the last [of His creation] for that Day for which there is no doubt, a crier will call out, 'Whosoever associated with Me another in his actions let him seek his reward from other than Allah, for Allah is the most independent of any association (fa-inna allaha aghna al-sharaka` 'an al-shirk)."

Al-Nasa`i reported that a man asked the Prophet (peace be upon him), "What is your opinion of one who fights [in the way of Allah] seeking fame [in the profane world] and reward [from Allah]?" The Prophet (peace be upon him) replied, "He receives nothing [by way of reward from Allah'."
 The Prophet (peace be upon him) repeated this three times and then said, "Allah accepts no deeds other than those that are performed solely for His sake and by which His face is sought." Shocked

In conclusion, the saying of Sahl b. 'Abd Allah is most beautiful in this regard: Nothing is more difficult on a person than sincerity because the person gains no share of that [act].

Ibn 'Uyayna said that Mutarrif b. 'Abdallah would repeat the following prayer,

"O Allah! I seek Your forgiveness for that which I sought your repentance but to which I subsequently returned; I seek Your forgiveness from that which I rendered to You from my self, but then, I was not able to maintain faithfully; and, I seek Your forgiveness from that by which I claimed I desired your Face but my heart became corrupted with that which I did." Cry

Ibn Rajab's Commentary on Imam Nawawi's Forty Hadith

Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 8:27am
Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatu Allah

Alright, my beloved in Allah, sisters,

It is time to work. Woohoo!

I am here to work again for our goal.

To PLEASE AND PLEASE AND PLEASE ALLAH

Hurry back please..

Megaphone

WE need to be back together again. Sisters

Remember, the long journey starts with a step. We go step by step to reach the goal.
Just keep the good intention and KEEP walking.

track

I understand we are all busy but let's try to the off days.

We will all get the benefit. I need you comments on the lesson above.

I love you all for the sake of Allah..

Thank%20You

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

�Asslamu Alaikum �sisters I wonder about something and hope you can answer me. Is it right the Christians do not say Allah??? They say only God? Is not Allah is God in their believes? please reply about this part. I have heard about it but not sure.�If it is true, then we all have to use only Allah to differ from them.

Walaikum Salam wa Rahmatullah,

Glad to see you active sis.

I heard that Arab-christians and Jews, say God as Allah. Also, page -1 of Genesis contains word Allah 17 times. By the way Allah swt is not just rabb of Muslims, right !

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:36am

And yes sister, jazakiAllahu khayr for the hadith shared. We do have 40ahadith at Qur'an and sunnah section, There's separate thread of it. We share the link here.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 12:17pm
Just wanted to "drop a post" to say I'm back - inshAllah.

I agree with Sis Seeks, My Protestant Christian friend in Pakistan uses the same word "Allah" when she refers to God. She doesnt say "God" or "Jesus" or anyother thing.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
  Share Topic