IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 11:31pm

Asslamu Alikum
 sisters , inshallah I will try hard to be back and do our plan.  I may not be able to add more but I believe to do a small good deed every week is better than stopping. I may not be so active but I will try. I just need your comments and addings.  May Allah bless you all.
 I will add the next lesson soon , inshallah. It is very nice, rewarding and useful inshallah, about Allah greatest name Allah.
 WE will know the meaning of this name and what does this add to our faith. I will also mention  some duaas with this name and why this name is special.
 Accept my duaa and pray for me. I need your duaa.
  salam.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 6:12pm
Assalimu Alaikum Sisters here on this forum, glad to meet you all and thanks soo much for this, it was greatly needed.  May Allah be pleased
Sister Zaharah
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 6:33pm
Assalimu Alaikum sisters,
I wanted to add something please.  I have purchased a book called the Ninety Nine  Names of Allah from Islamic Book Service:  Please sisters this is a wonderful book to add to your collection and it is VERY helpful, the email addy is [email protected]
website www.islamic-india.com
This is what it says about ALLAH:
THE NAME OF ALLAH. Whoever says this Name of Allah
1000 times daily, all forms of doubts and uncertainties will be
removed from his heart and instead, determination
and faith will become ingrained in Him.
It is also very effective in the cure of and incurable
disease if Dua is made after reciting it excessively.
   May Allah be Pleased.
Zaharah

Edited by Zaharah - 10 October 2009 at 6:35pm
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 6:59pm
Assalimu  Alaikum sisters
also i wanted to point out the word Begets/ Begotten-
If we translate this word according to the American Heritage dictionary it means:
To father; sire. begetter, begot (-gt), begotten (-gtn) or begot, begetting, begets.

Now pull the word Sire out and it means: male parent; be the male parent of. 

Ive had many converstaions with people who say the words "God the Father, and i try to explain to them that Allah does not beget or has begotten.  If we break this down, it just does not make since for someone to say these things.  I usually carry my pocket dictionary around with me to show them to see the message with their own eyes.
Allah did not FATHER us or is He a Sire, He is our creator, alone He is one,  whom we all depend and there is none like Him.
Allah Akbar
Sister Zaharah

Tupac A. Shakur...
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 9:52am

Subhanallah , this is valuable information sister Zaharah, may Allah bless you. Clap
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 10:27am
   Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatu Allah 

Introduction:

1- HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ALLAH, OUR CREATOR?

Who  created you? Who granted you, your body, your eyes, or the color of your hair? Who determined the shape of your body or the color of your eyes?
Who created all other people, the heavens, Earth, and every living
being in between? Who determined the order of the planets, the Sun, and
the stars in the depths of space.   

Your answers to all
these questions will be the same: Allah. When asked to other people,
they will also answer: Allah. Indeed, Allah informs us in the Qur'an
that people will confess this fact, as follows:

If you ask them: Who created the heavens and Earth and made the Sun and
Moon subservient? They will say: Allah. So how have they been
deluded [away from the truth]? ( Surat al-Ankabut, 29:61)

Allah is the only true [reality>. There is nothing permanent other than Him. Allah is  eternal and "uncreated", whereas everything else in the universe is "created."

2- What is the meaning of Allah's name Allah?

Allah  is the Arabic word for God. It is compounded of "Al", the definite
article 'the', and "illah", meaning "god". Therefore, Allah literally
means "The God" -- somewhat parallel to the capitalized "God" in
English.

3- Why is Allah a special name?

Allah is the special name of God and is the  most precious name because it is not a descriptive name like the other 99 names of Allah,
but the name of God's own presence. It is impossible to alter the word
in Arabic; such as create a plural form (gods) or change the gender.

Some Muslim Scholars say that it is Allah's greatest name.

4- What does knowing this name add to my imaan/faith?

Knowing that Allah is the God, will increase our faith not only to worship Allah only but, it helps us to:

... depend on no one but Allah,  love no one but Allah,  fear no one but Allah,  complain to no one but Allah,  seek refuge form no one but Allah,  depend on no one but Allah,  ask for help form no one  but Allah

The one who achieved these things will feel the sweet taste of imaan/faith in his/her heart and Allah will bless her in this life and her life after, inshallah.

Note: The Names of Allah only conveys what is written in the
Qur'an and Sunnah, for we have no knowledge about His names other than what He
teaches us. Those that are out of our knowledge are, as is the case with everything else, in our Lord's Sight:

( They said: Glory be to You! We have no knowledge except what You have taught us. You are the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.( Surat al-Baqara, 2:32)

I pray to Allah that you get the benefit form this. I am waiting for your comments.  May Allah accept.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 14 October 2009 at 8:39pm
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 12:18pm
Wa Alaikum As Salams, sister Full of Hopes
May Allah be pleased wtih ALL the efforts from the deen, Insha Allah.

Allah Akbar!!!!

Zaharah

Tupac A. Shakur...
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 12:44pm
Maybe there coupld be a separate thread with with sticky titled LESSONS.. 
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
  Share Topic