IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2009 at 9:34pm

Asslamu Alikum Wa Rahmatu Allah Wa Barak

Listen to Suraa Ikhlas 122 online: real audio stream  

say: He, Allah, is ONE. 

Read it in Arabic: qul huwa Allahu ahad

Allah s- samad

Allah is He on whom all depend

Lam yalid  wa lam yulad

He begets not nor is He begotten

Wa Lam yakul-la-hu-kufu-wan ahad

And none is like Him

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2009 at 10:34pm

Name of Al-Ikhlas: is not merely the name of this Suraa but also the title of its contents, for it deals exclusively with Tawheed, the oneness of Allah. Whoever understands it and believes in its teaching, will get rid of shirk(polytheism) completely.

Story of this suraa revelation: Abdullah bin Masud has reported that the Quraish said to the Holy Prophet (upon whom be be peace): "Tell us of the ancestry of your Lord."Thereupon this Surah was sent down. (Tabarani)

1- Suraa Iklas = 1/3 of the Quraan:

"He (Abud Darda) reported God's messenger as saying, "Is any of you capable of reciting a third of the Qur'an in a night?" On being asked how they could recite a third of the Qur'an he replied, " 'Say, He is God, One' is equivalent to a third of the Qur'an."

2- It is used for curing the illness and has a GREAT value. Because this suraa is talking about the subject of Tawheed: There is no GOD but Allah.

3- It has to be read
3 times every morning and evening to protect you form every thing.
 It is also read  once after every prayer. Also,the prophet, peace be upon him, used to read it before he sleeps 3 times with the other two short suraas. Annas 114 and Al- Falaq 113.

Summary 
    Summing up, the message of the surah lies in the concept of Tawhid it brings out by mention of certain complementary pairs of attributes of God. The essence of which is that God has always existed and shall always exist; He was when there was nothing and shall remain when everything ceases to be; He is complete and entire in His being and is above all needs; everyone needs Him while He needs none; He is a refuge for all and on Him everyone depends; He brings everything into existence, and by His orders everything is destroyed; He is father to none nor has He a father; He is the Creator and the Cherisher of all and fashions and sustains everything; nothing is from His substance and being; He has no peer or equal and indeed all are His servants and slaves.

Abeautiful Story about this Suraa (the man who loved Suraa Ikhlas):
  Narrated Aisha, RAA: the prophet peace be upon him sent (an army unit) under the command of a man who used to lead his companions in the Salat (prayers) and would finish his recitation with ( the Sura 112) : "Say (O Muhammad): He is Allah, (the One)," When they retuned (from the battle), they mentioned that to the prophet, peace be upon him, . He said to them  : "Ask him why he does so." They asked him and he said, " I do so because it mentions the qualities of the Most Beneficent and I love to recite it [in my Salat (prayer)] The prophet said: "Tell him that Allah loves him". Al-Bukhari [9:472-O.B]

Dear sisters, there is too much to say about this suraa but I pray to Allah that you get the benefit form what have been said here.
 May Allah accept form us and make us hoenst with Him.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2009 at 12:03am
sisters please i need your feedack about this. I need you to add and comment.
And please let me know who would take the next turn and explain one name of Allah 99 names. Of course Allah is the first name we have to do. What do you think?
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2009 at 12:37am
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

Welcome sis Martha. Smile

"Sis Full of hopes", you almost covered every point. SubhanAllah !

Little i would like to add, as why surah Ikhlaas is equal to 1/3rd  of Qura'n.

The Qur'an consists of three fundamental objectives:

a) Those commands and prohibitions which contain the laws and practical ways. These form the subject matter of the science of Fiqh (jurisprudence) and Ethics.

b) The tales and narratives which include the stories of the Prophets and Messengers of God and their communities. The punishments and disasters which befell those who resisted and denied the Messengers of God. Also, the promises, rewards, warnings and dooms.

c) The knowledge of Tawheed (the Unity of God) and the description of those matters which relate to the Names of Almighty God and His Attributes, which to have faith in is obligatory upon the servant of God (i.e. each Muslim). This has precedence over the first three.

Surah al-Ikhlaas contains the third objective and a general description of it. Thus, it is correct to say that this surah is equal to one third of the Qur'an.

And Zakir Naik, in one of his lectures said that, if one who claims to be God, let him pass thru this criteria. This surah, is like a definition of God. Its  a litmus test for those who claim themselves of their deities.

say: He, Allah, is ONE.
Allah is He on whom all depend
He begets not nor is He begotten
And none is like Him

They shud pass thru this test.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2009 at 3:56am
Subhanallah Sisters.

I only would like to add that, sometimes after solah (prayers), just reciting this slowly and humbly, makes me feel so small, so insignificant. That we are nothing compared to His Greatness. Indeed how much we depend on Him for our daily needs and especially - spiritual Strength.

At times when I feel really ikhlas in reciting this Suratul Ikhlas, I would shed tears of gratitude, tears of repentance.

Indeed, just to add LA HAULAWALA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAHILALIYILADZEEM.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
kawthar1979 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawthar1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2009 at 5:44am

Assalam alaykum ya sisters,

I'll be glad to be part of your sisterhood plan to increase my knowledge of our beautiful religion...I wont be the best student and maybe slower than all of you but i wish to become better muslim and hope you'll have patience with me insha Allah....

Kind regards to all and may Allah SWT reward "full of hopes" for her courage to start a sisterhood plan masha Allah...

Kawthar
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2009 at 11:05am

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahamtu Allah

SubhanAllah, sister Seek, may Allah bless you. You have add very useful information about his Great Suraa.

And sister, Nur Ilahi, I really tired to read the suraa the way you said slowly with focusing on its meaning. Yeh we are so small. May Allah have mercy on us. Cry
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 5:05pm

Asslamu Alaikum  Wa Rahmatu Allah

I am sorry to tell my sisters that I can not go on the plan I've started with you any more. For some personal reasons, I will not be able to sign in for a while, I am not sure how long. I hope that you complete what I have started here for the sake of Allah.
 And I must tell you, because, Allah is Great, He blessed me with knowing this Quraan, alhadulillah. When I wanted to add suraa Ikhlas explication, I found so many wrong tranlations online. Even some sites with Islamic names and lots of Quraan were not telling the exact meaning of Arabic Quraan. So that, if you will do this, you must be sure of the source because this is  Islam and Quraan which is the red line in our life. Never post or add anything you are not sure of..

May Allah bless you and reward you. May Allah keep me and you on the right path.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic