IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Amazed by muslim women's dress ---  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amazed by muslim women's dress ---

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
truthseeker100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthseeker100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazed by muslim women's dress ---
    Posted: 26 September 2010 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Divya_Mohammed Divya_Mohammed wrote:

Assalam Alaikum to all !

Although I did not like wearing the Burka even few weeks back, I have now developed a liking and I have started wearing it, as a result of some experience.

Since the time I became a Muslima, the reactions of people around me has been varied and complex.

All the Muslims I have come across has welcomed me whole-heartedly into the family of Islam and has given me a great feeling of pride as a Muslim and a feeling of belongingness.

Most Hindus (non-relatives) have said they respect my decision of free choice to marry a Muslim and take to Islam.

Most relatives (Hindus) have abandoned me and do not speak to me.

The most happy moment was when my parents told me that, although they are not happy and would have preferred me married to a Hindu, they have still accepted me as their own Muslim daughter. truly thanks to Allah.

I have also heard horrible comments, which moved me to tears or outright angry and fuming.

A Hindu woman friend of mine put her hand on my bulging stomach and said as a Muslim, this will be my only job to produce a dozen children and I will lose my identity. She said God knows how many of those would become extremists....Apalling comment.

A Christian guy told me that I should have become a Christian and then should have married my husband as Muslims can marry Christian girls. Then there would not have been any need for me becoming a Muslim and I would have been a Christian ?? - absolutely cunning.

When I recently went to a shop along with my mother-in-law, I overheard a horrible and racist comment from the shopkeeper telling his worker that , "Look at this beautiful Brahmin Pundit Girl (priestly class in Hindus caste hierarchy), widening her legs below beef-eating butcher Muslims, for sex,  who made her pregnant and she is carrying the evil in her stomach. She will now produce a long line of Muslim boys and girls . I will make her run when she comes ".

It made me wonder how come some people can be so heartless that they do not even recognize legitimate marriage, due to narrow-mindedness. The remark made me cry and very very angry and I told my mother-in-law, who advised me to ignore and we came home quietly, as if I never heard anything. The remark made me absolutely angry and I was cursing my helplessness and I told my husband about the comment and he told me, " I told you to wear the Burka always. Now wear it and see the difference".

After few days, when I went out, I wore my sister-in-law's burka (as I dont have one) , although it was hot and making me sweaty and I could see the difference in attitude of people. I could see the respect they gave and I learnt the merit of wearing the Burka in mixed societies.

Fortunately, as a coincidence, one of my husband's friends brought 3 beautiful burka and a copy of the Holy Koran from Mecca, during his recent Umra trip and gave it to me, as Eid Gift.

Now I have decided to wear Burka while going out, as I feel it is Allah's message to me to wear Burka . I felt it provides safety.

Allah Hafiz
Divya Mohammed Iyer

Salam sister,

May Allah bless you and keep you safe. 

Edited by truthseeker100 - 28 September 2010 at 11:31am
And, behold, with every hardship comes ease:
Qur'an 94: 5
Divya_Mohammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divya_Mohammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 6:02am
Assalam Alaikum to all !

Although I did not like wearing the Burka even few weeks back, I have now developed a liking and I have started wearing it, as a result of some experience.

Since the time I became a Muslima, the reactions of people around me has been varied and complex.

All the Muslims I have come across has welcomed me whole-heartedly into the family of Islam and has given me a great feeling of pride as a Muslim and a feeling of belongingness.

Most Hindus (non-relatives) have said they respect my decision of free choice to marry a Muslim and take to Islam.

Most relatives (Hindus) have abandoned me and do not speak to me.

The most happy moment was when my parents told me that, although they are not happy and would have preferred me married to a Hindu, they have still accepted me as their own Muslim daughter. truly thanks to Allah.

I have also heard horrible comments, which moved me to tears or outright angry and fuming.

A Hindu woman friend of mine put her hand on my bulging stomach and said as a Muslim, this will be my only job to produce a dozen children and I will lose my identity. She said God knows how many of those would become extremists....Apalling comment.

A Christian guy told me that I should have become a Christian and then should have married my husband as Muslims can marry Christian girls. Then there would not have been any need for me becoming a Muslim and I would have been a Christian ?? - absolutely cunning.

When I recently went to a shop along with my mother-in-law, I overheard a horrible and racist comment from the shopkeeper telling his worker that , "Look at this beautiful Brahmin Pundit Girl (priestly class in Hindus caste hierarchy), widening her legs below beef-eating butcher Muslims, for sex,  who made her pregnant and she is carrying the evil in her stomach. She will now produce a long line of Muslim boys and girls . I will make her run when she comes ".

It made me wonder how come some people can be so heartless that they do not even recognize legitimate marriage, due to narrow-mindedness. The remark made me cry and very very angry and I told my mother-in-law, who advised me to ignore and we came home quietly, as if I never heard anything. The remark made me absolutely angry and I was cursing my helplessness and I told my husband about the comment and he told me, " I told you to wear the Burka always. Now wear it and see the difference".

After few days, when I went out, I wore my sister-in-law's burka (as I dont have one) , although it was hot and making me sweaty and I could see the difference in attitude of people. I could see the respect they gave and I learnt the merit of wearing the Burka in mixed societies.

Fortunately, as a coincidence, one of my husband's friends brought 3 beautiful burka and a copy of the Holy Koran from Mecca, during his recent Umra trip and gave it to me, as Eid Gift.

Now I have decided to wear Burka while going out, as I feel it is Allah's message to me to wear Burka . I felt it provides safety.

Allah Hafiz
Divya Mohammed Iyer

Edited by Divya_Mohammed - 05 September 2010 at 6:05am
lightguidance View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lightguidance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2010 at 7:37am
prise be to Allah
want2know View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 12:12pm
That is an amazing story that you were able to see something good about Islam on the news. (the news is always saying something negative about Muslims and Islam) Good4you!
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 5:31am
Asalaam ALaikum,

Yes a wonderful story. It is a good lesson that most things can be good or bad. I think alot of of TV is junk and too much news is bad.  Mashallah seeing an Iraqi woman sparked her interested.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Divya_Mohammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divya_Mohammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 2:31am
I wore the Islamic burkha once when I converted into Muslima and went out but I was not comfortable as I felt very hot humid and sweaty and hence removed. I am not sure if I like it, as I live in a hot and humid place. However, I do Namaz regularly to seek forgivance.
UmmFatima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmFatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 7:23am
mashallah she had such a pure heart
may we all be like her
�Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us leaders of the God-fearing.� -Al-Furqan 74
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 7:09pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Yes, brother. It's a fascinating story ! Even i felt very happy reading it.

A womAn in Iraq been a source of guidance to a woman in US!

SubhanAllah !.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic