IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dream  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Unknown] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dream
    Posted: 23 September 2009 at 12:30pm
Assalamu Alaikum;

A sister has a question about ghusl. Recently, she has been experiencing occasional wet, if I may, dreams. The thing is, she is uncertain of whether there was any wetness or not. She experiences discharge all the time which is a bit beigish or yellowish in color and sometimes thin and white. After she wakes up, she doesn't find any clear signs of maniy. The only thing she finds is a thin, transparent discharge which is only visible when she wipes with tissues. Should she perform ghusl or not. She's experiencing wiswas alot and is unsure if this is a part of it or not.

Please do help.
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 6:18am

Wa Alaikum Asslam Wa Rahamatu Allah

I canceled this part because I am sure sister [unknown] has seen it.

1- There is nothing in Islam called repeating gdusl from wet dreams everyday.
 2- This is not common with females as males so do not worry about it. Try to stop thinking of it.
 3- DO NOT DO GHUSL at all, even if you feel wet, ignore it because this is wiswas ( when you always imagine things which are not true) and in case of wiaws all of the Muslim scholars and before them the leader prophet Muhammed peace be upon him ordered us to ignore it.
  The Satan want us to hate  worshiping Allah by making us imagine false things.
 So tell your sister , NEVER do ghusl at all.

I studied in an Islamic school, in general that you do not do ghusl when you find discharge or feel wet  EXCEPT if you are SURE that the wet was maniy (semen) . I am sorry for being so direct but this is needed to know about our religion.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 01 October 2009 at 8:51pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
[Unknown] View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Unknown] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 7:24am
Thank you very much for your answer.

So, the thin and transparent thing that she finds does not count? And is it not necessary for her to do ghusl? Just to be clear, it is very little and only shows with wiping. However, she does feel a bit wet all the time.
She does not know how to differentiate between the discharge that requires ghusl and the one that does not.
You found a solution for this by asking scholars and sheikhs, right? So, that means that she will get the same answer if she asks around, right? She has been asking around alot but never got an answer.
And if she really does get wet after a dream, she also shouldn't perform ghusl? Until the wiswas goes?

Thank you.
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 11:06am

As for the discharge, , she should see a female doctor. Maybe she has a problem and better to check earlier. She will be fine soon, inshallah.

May Allah help her. Smile

Edited by Full of Hopes - 02 October 2009 at 9:20am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
[Unknown] View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Unknown] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 3:34pm
Thank you again for your reply.

If she ignores the wiswas and prevents doing ghusl, should she do so only when she is uncertain?
And no problem in being direct. This is what we should know. And just to make things clear, and sorry if this is impolite or too direct, but how would she know for sure that it is maniy? Especially if she cannot differentiate between the color and appearance?

Thank you.
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 5:42am

Asslam Alaikum

Dear brother/sister: From your sister's question and behavior I am almost sure that she is suffering from waswas. She is a very good Muslim because she cares to obey Allah but the problem is that she lacks the enough knowledge about Islam.
  Let me ask you, why does she follow that wet and wipe it every time when she wakes up??? Does the prophet, peace be upon him told the woman who asked him about the wet dreams to be so careful and use a tissue to wipe the private area so that to be sure nothing is wet??? Never does he say that. Allah doesn't want us to be so strict and harm ourselves.
 This wet can be: female normal discharge, some drops of sweat, some drops of water if she went to the bathroom before sleeping and did not dry off well. This wet can be so many things not maniy.

Did I get the answer form scholars? yes I did.  Does she have to ignore it until the waswas goes out? yes she does, they told me frankly, NEVER DO GhUSL AT ALL. I asked them for how long? they answered me for a long time.But in fact after some time of ignoring it, it will disappear and you will forget about it. Does she do ghuls only if she is certain? Yes, exactly.

Believe me! your sister has to forget about the wet dreams, study more about Islamic Figh and other branches of knowledge of Islam and ask Allah a lot to cure her from waswas, because it is a very serious problem  which may cause the Muslim becomes non Muslim.

Please follow this forum, I will add a post just describing this problem (waswas) and how to solve it.  I know more about it because I suffered a lot form it.

As for how to distinguish, I do not think the answer will help her a lot because when a person is having waswas, he will imagine that everything is the same that is in aya or hadith. In fact he/she can not judge!!

But just in case you need it, the male can distinguish that the wet he finds is maniy (semen) very clear form the color, the smell .. etc. They can help you in this if you need.

But with the female it is not that easy but they say, the color is yellow and is it thin.
 I hope I could help, I do not remember anything I can help by adding it here  but in fact I pray that Allah helps her, cause I understand how she feels.

Now I remembered that one of the scholars I asked , told me that if you see a wet dream, I mean related to sex, and be sure that you had seen something of sex then you got wet after you woke up, in this case only you do ghusl. This is just in case of waswas because we know the general rule. But I got this answer because I had your sister's same problem.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 25 September 2009 at 6:15am
[Unknown] View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Unknown] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 7:06am

Assalamu Alaikum;

I will pass your advice on to her. I really appreciate your help and that you took time off to answer my question. Thank you very much. She will take your advice and get the wiswas away from her. Baraka Allaho feeki.

Thank you.
HeatherRicco View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherRicco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2014 at 4:06am
Mostly the dreams depend upon your mind thoughts and activities. I don't know the exact meaning of your dream so you should check out the dream dictionary for the exact and true meaning of your dreams.thanks dictionary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic