IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1o1 Biblical Contradictions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1o1 Biblical Contradictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaika Caringheart.

That is true. The Rabbi has told me that it is in Palestine. Imagine a believer in Muhammad believing in what a Rabbi told him!
Caringheart understand that the call of Muhammad was first and foremost heard by the Quraysh. The Jews and the Syrian christians were the ones who were eager for the arrival of Muhammad and not anyone calling himself a Muslim. They were his heralds. So, how could that change later?
Friendship. 

"So, how could that change later?"

This is a good question.

Can you tell me more about the Quraysh?  Tell me more about this subject?

" Imagine a believer in Muhammad believing in what a Rabbi told him!"
I supposed it could be called heresy.  Confused
Many of my questions about my religion could be considered as such too.  I am interested in having a conversation with a Rabbi.  I wonder when I will get around to it.  That just reminded me I have a friend from college who became a Rabbi.  Maybe I should look them up. Smile

I struggle with contradictions in the Bible and in the church, just as I struggle over the contradictions of Muhammad and Islam.  This is why I believe we must apply reason to the Scriptures.  They are the Word from God, but they were written down by fallible man.  We can not know how much of man's own reasoning seeped into the Scriptures as they were being written.  For me, a few of the purest and truest Scriptures are the Psalms (from which I believe all Scripture stems), Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and Daniel.

Edited by Caringheart - 09 July 2012 at 10:38pm
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 10:26pm

Assalamu alaika IEC786.The reason is because most Muslims do not understand what Muhammad Rasulullah came to do.� A follower of Muhammad Rasulullah is not supposed to argue with the children of Israel or those who called themselves Christian except on issues that are clear to all. For example I heard a Muslim scholar saying that it was in Palestine that Serah told Abraham to go to Hegar. I have asked a Rabbi what their sages said. I am inclined to believe in what the Rabbi tells me. The Qur'an is silent on that issue. I am thinking that it was in Egypt and not in Palestine.Friendship .

A follower of Muhammad Rasulullah is not supposed to argue with the children of Israel or those who called themselves Christian except on issues that are clear to all.

My brother you got it all wrong,this is a discussion on religious matters not only Quraan but we do have other scriptures too.Nabi Muhammad SAW came as a mercy unto mankind.

For example I heard a Muslim scholar saying that it was in Palestine that Serah told Abraham to go to Hegar. I have asked a Rabbi what their sages said. I am inclined to believe in what the Rabbi tells me. The Qur'an is silent on that issue. I am thinking that it was in Egypt and not in Palestine.
Friendship .

Good and that is the aim of this forum an alternate news source.and brother there is nothing wrong in asking a rabbi for advice?Nabi saw the Jews fasting and he asked the Jews what are they fasting for?and they said it was ordered by Musa AS NABI saw the told the Muslims to also fast for two or three days.I am sorry i just cant remember the story right now.So there is nothing wrong from asking from the Jews or the Christians as to dates and events.   

Edited by iec786 - 09 July 2012 at 10:35pm
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Assalamu alaika IEC786.The reason is because most Muslims do not understand what Muhammad Rasulullah came to do.� A follower of Muhammad Rasulullah is not supposed to argue with the children of Israel or those who called themselves Christian except on issues that are clear to all. For example I heard a Muslim scholar saying that it was in Palestine that Serah told Abraham to go to Hegar. I have asked a Rabbi what their sages said. I am inclined to believe in what the Rabbi tells me. The Qur'an is silent on that issue. I am thinking that it was in Egypt and not in Palestine.Friendship .

So, just as there are some problems within Christianity with those who call themselves Christian... so also there are�also Muslims who are in error in their practice of Islam?
this goes to the guiding scripture which is in the Bible...
to 'test and approve all things' and
'keep that which is good and reject that which is not good'
to 'discern the Truth'
Thank you for sharing.
[IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Smile" />[IMG]smileys/smiley27.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Heart" />

Hi Caringheart ,
Yes we have our fair share but as a whole not too bad.Bad apples are all over and in every religion.What friendship is doing is labeling.When you say most Muslims do not know then you lump all into one basket.You could have said some or are you judgmental?????? which you have no right to.It seem you only have one Muslim scholar in your country?My brother you on about some thing and if you need some advice please pm me my offer is open.

Edited by iec786 - 09 July 2012 at 10:45pm
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 1:08am
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Hi Caringheart ,
Yes we have our fair share but as a whole not too bad.Bad apples are all over and in every religion.What friendship is doing is labeling.When you say most Muslims do not know then you lump all into one basket.You could have said some or are you judgmental?????? which you have no right to.It seem you only have one Muslim scholar in your country?My brother you on about some thing and if you need some advice please pm me my offer is open.

Hi Ismail,
You seem to have responded to me and friendship in the same post.
I just thought I would throw this out there about your response to what friendship said about most Muslims...
There are things that I believe I could say about most Christians...
like most Christians have not read their Bible.  Too many in both faiths I believe go through the rituals of faith... attending service, prayer, etc but rely only on their once a week visit to their establishment... i.e., church or mosque... but gain no real understanding of what their scriptures say.
This was Jesus complaint against the Pharisees... they went through the rites and rituals but 'knew not God in their hearts'.  It is not enough to go through the motions.
Sorry, I think I got off track a bit, but I hope you get my meaning.  I don't think friendship meant any harm by his comment.  It may very well be a true comment.
Salaam,
Caringheart Heart
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 12:08am
Assaalamu aaaika iec786.

You said:
My brother you got it all wrong,this is a discussion on religious matters not only Quraan.

Response. Probably you do not know the meaning of the word Qur'an. Don't you know that Qur'an discusses religious matters? If a Jew tells you that Moses has three children where is your alternative source? If a Jew tells you that Jonah was sent to a population of 140,000, are you not going to tell him that the Qur'an says 100,000 and more. I asked that Rabbi to read again carefully the Book of Genesis 16,17,18,21. He will see that is better explained in the Qur'an. Have you compared chapter 12 and the story of Joseph in Genesis?
Let us discuss on what one has carefully digested not on ordinary hearing from someone.
Friendship.

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 12:18am

You said: I don't think friendship meant any harm by his comment.  It may very well be a true comment.
Response: It is Qur'an chapter 63 that meant harm. I meant harm if the muslims could dare read:ISBN1468070444. You did not specify your faith. I am assuring you that Muhammad is the Messenger and Apostle of Allah sent to tell the truth on and about Allah. I agree that one has to have personal conviction.

Friendship.

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 4:03pm

You said: I don't think friendship meant any harm by his comment.  It may very well be a true comment.
Response: It is Qur'an chapter 63 that meant harm. I meant harm if the muslims could dare read:ISBN1468070444. You did not specify your faith. I am assuring you that Muhammad is the Messenger and Apostle of Allah sent to tell the truth on and about Allah. I agree that one has to have personal conviction.

Friendship.

I'm afraid I do not understand your reply.

What I was responding to which iec had written was this:
"What friendship is doing is labeling.When you say most Muslims do not know then you lump all into one basket.You could have said some or are you judgmental?????? which you have no right to"
I think it is not inaccurate to say that those that profess a faith do not necessarily truly understand that faith, and that there was no harm in your comment.
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 11:32pm

Assaalamu aaaika iec786.You said: My brother you got it all wrong,this is a discussion on religious matters not only Quraan.Response. Probably you do not know the meaning of the word Qur'an.No i do not.I will leave it to an expert like yourself.
Don't you know that Qur'an discusses religious matters?
I think it does.
If a Jew tells you that Moses has three children where is your alternative source?What is his proof???

If a Jew tells you that Jonah was sent to a population of 140,000,what is his   proof??

are you not going to tell him that the Qur'an says 100,000 and more.No i would i ask him for proof.

I asked that Rabbi to read again carefully the Book of Genesis 16,17,18,21. He will see that is better explained in the Qur'an.by now you should know that they do not have the original Torah nor the Injeel.

Have you compared chapter 12 and the story of Joseph in Genesis?No it is not authentic.Even they question it.

Let us discuss on what one has carefully digested not on ordinary hearing from someone.Friendship.�

good let us go.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
  Share Topic