IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1o1 Biblical Contradictions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1o1 Biblical Contradictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 2:38am
Assalamu alaika
Hasan

YOUR RESPONSE
David, sometimes I do get surprised to see you very close to being correct! in your description of Christian and Jesus that is. You have rightfully avoided to describe Jesus as God which he never was, a good thing, an improvement in your understanding or a tactic? only God knows our hearts. Truly Jesus (pbuh) was the promised Messiah, so he was as all the chosen ones of God were a living examples of the word of God.
Hasan

MY REPLY
Nothing personal but your response comes across as patronizing and condescending. Again that�s not an attack on you personally but it seems to be how the Quaran and Islam comes across in its view of both Judaism and Christianity.
It seems to be saying �Oh you poor things, you are so close to the truth, but you disobedient misguided things you have had the truth corrupted.�

Just so you know my position. The OT indicates only one Messiah - not more than one as in where you state �all the chosen ones�.

Jesus was God made flesh. Meaning God showed his mercy, grace and humility to lower himself to us to come as a man and as a result make himself known to us, make his power available to mankind and in this set an example to us in that if we should be lowered we will also be raised.

Could you please explain to me your understanding of Sonship in Sura 39:4, God taking Jesus unto himself and exalting him in Suras 3.55 and 4:157-158 and Gods ability to create in Sura 38:71-72 with Jesus ability to create life in a bird in Sura 3:49 ?

God Bless
David
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 2:41am
Hello Hassan

YOUR QUESTION
Can you explain what you mean when you wrote above: "a person who had the fullness of God within him�

MY REPLY
The � Sonship� of Jesus is not to do with gender or male and female offspring such as daughter or son but has a meaning more similar to �inheritor�.

As a result Gods fullness in him grew to the point at his crucifixion and resurrection he had Gods complete fullness so as to break Satans curse.

Also a result of this is that Christ the promised Messiah is now a blessing and inheritance to the believers in him. Often this is also referred to as the coming of the Kingdom of God. Anyway please see the verses below.

And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
Luke 2:52

For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him Col 1:19

But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. Mat 12:28

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form. Col 2:9.

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 12:18pm
Why do people of Islam spend so much time and energy trying to disprove the Bible?

"Who is it that cause contentions among you?"
Who is it that came and 'preached another Gospel, another Jesus', which we were forewarned about thousands of years ago?

Just things to think about.
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Why do people of Islam spend so much time and energy trying to disprove the Bible?
Who is it that came and 'preached another Gospel, another Jesus', which we were forewarned about thousands of years ago?

You see when you ask a question it needs an answer.If i as a Muslim answer you from the Quraan you as a Christian will not accept the answer.So it is better to use the Bible when talking to a Christian,or use the Torah when talking to a Jew.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 6:23am
Assalamu alaika IEC786.

The reason is because most Muslims do not understand what Muhammad Rasulullah came to do.  A follower of Muhammad Rasulullah is not supposed to argue with the children of Israel or those who called themselves Christian except on issues that are clear to all. For example I heard a Muslim scholar saying that it was in Palestine that Serah told Abraham to go to Hegar. I have asked a Rabbi what their sages said. I am inclined to believe in what the Rabbi tells me. The Qur'an is silent on that issue. I am thinking that it was in Egypt and not in Palestine.
Friendship

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

You see when you ask a question it needs an answer.If i as a Muslim answer you from the Quraan you as a Christian will not accept the answer.So it is better to use the Bible when talking to a Christian,or use the Torah when talking to a Jew.

Hello Ismail,
I disagree.  I believe this is what causes so much contention.  I would like to hear what you believe... what your Qur'an says... what you live by.  It is that which increases understanding between us.
I actually find very much in the Qur'an which reads very much like the other scriptures, which would make sense if Muhammad got his words from the Word of God.

SmileHeart
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaika IEC786.

The reason is because most Muslims do not understand what Muhammad Rasulullah came to do.  A follower of Muhammad Rasulullah is not supposed to argue with the children of Israel or those who called themselves Christian except on issues that are clear to all. For example I heard a Muslim scholar saying that it was in Palestine that Serah told Abraham to go to Hegar. I have asked a Rabbi what their sages said. I am inclined to believe in what the Rabbi tells me. The Qur'an is silent on that issue. I am thinking that it was in Egypt and not in Palestine.
Friendship

So, just as there are some problems within Christianity with those who call themselves Christian... so also there are also Muslims who are in error in their practice of Islam?

this goes to the guiding scripture which is in the Bible...
to 'test and approve all things' and
'keep that which is good and reject that which is not good'
to 'discern the Truth'

Thank you for sharing.
SmileHeart
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 10:10pm
 Assalamu alaika Caringheart.

That is true. The Rabbi has told me that it is in Palestine. Imagine a believer in Muhammad believing in what a Rabbi told him!
Caringheart understand that the call of Muhammad was first and foremost heard by the Quraysh. The Jews and the Syrian christians were the ones who were eager for the arrival of Muhammad and not anyone calling himself a Muslim. They were his heralds. So, how could that change later?
Friendship. 

Edited by Friendship - 09 July 2012 at 10:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
  Share Topic