IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1o1 Biblical Contradictions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1o1 Biblical Contradictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 11:17am
Originally posted by esthelita esthelita wrote:

Originally posted by David4848 David4848 wrote:

As I am learning more about the Quaran I am finding contradictions that no one can explain.
Hi David,
Could you please list these apparent "contradictions" you say you have found?

Regards,
Esthelita

It seems David is long gone, so don't expect  a response.  Furthermore, I doubt that David has actually read the Quran himself.  Most of his criticisms of the Quran have been directly copied from websites like Answering-Islam instead of as a result of honest, unbiased study. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 1:36am
Hi Esthelita
http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/index.html
Regards
David
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 1:44am
Hi Islamispeace
Yes of course I use the internet. If you told me that Muslims on this site have not I wouldn't believe it.
I have read the Quaran in part but look forward to reading it in more depth.
I have studied a bit of comparative religion at university level plus as an amateur for years.
I have traveled extensively through Asia, India and the Middle East and have had many conversations with Muslims.
regards
David
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 7:15am
Assalamu alaikum.

I doubt if David has disappeared. I thought he was chasing Goliath. it seems he is trying to confess his wrongs but is taking time.
Any way, I am entreating the children of Israel/Jews and the followers of Muhammad to forgive him, for according to the teaching of Muhammad Rasulullah one bearing such name is supposed to be a valiant warrior name.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 8:54am
David,
could you write something from yourself on the contradiction issue, something that you have yourself witnessed or experieced?? remember you will not refer a website or someone else for what you say or do, when God will ask you questions.
So be truthful and do yourself a good, bring somthing that you yourself find in the Quran to be contradicting. I bet it will save you from a lot of trouble one day.

As far as the topic, my challange to you is there to prove me wrong that the Bible contradicts on the three most important issues: God, Jesus, and salvation. The Quran does not. 
Peace,
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 26 January 2011 at 9:03am
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 9:35am
Originally posted by David4848 David4848 wrote:

Assalamu alaika
Friendship

Thankyou for your post dated 21 December

YOUR RESPONSE
One of the most versed commentators of the Bible Rev. Mathew Henry drew the attention of mankind and said, "That man was made last of all creations, that it might not be suspected that he had been, any way, a helper to God (Allah) in the creation of the world: that question must be for ever humbling and mortifying to him. Where wast thou, or any of thy kind, when I (Allah) laid the foundations of the earth?"
Therefore Mr. David, if you are not ready to humble your self before the Allah of Abraham, Ishmail, Issac, Jacob and the very Allah who delivered the Children of Israil from the claws of Pharaoh, then you better stop deceiving us by calling your self a Christian.

MY REPLY
Christian means �Christ One or Anointed One� that means I am a follower of Jesus, Joseph Ben David, the Anointed Messiah who was prophesied through the history of Abraham, Ishmael and Isaac, Jacob the Israelites.
Jesus is The Lion of Judah, Prince of Peace, The Christ One, The Anointed One, Emmanuel �God is with us� , The Chosen and Promised One, The Messiah. He is the complete fulfillment of the whole Tanakh (Old testament). Those who know him and call him Lord will fulfill the whole law and know peace.
That is what Christian means.
God Bless You Friendship
David

David,
sometimes I do get surprised to see you very close to being correct! in your description of Christian and Jesus that is.
You have rightfully avoided to describe Jesus as God which he never was, a good thing, an improvement in your understanding or a tactic? only God knows our hearts.
Truly Jesus (pbuh) was the promised Messiah, so he was as all the chosen ones of God were a living examples of the word of God.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 26 January 2011 at 9:37am
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 10:07am
David,
Can you explain what you mean when you wrote above:
 "a person who had the fullness of God within him"
Thanks,
Hasan

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 8:06pm
Hello Hasan
Thank you for your interesting question. Well I suppose on a more personal and non theological level. I see a religion that strives for morality which I respect especially considering I live in an increasing Godless and secular West. I see this as refreshing. However the contradiction I see is around a religion that strives to achieve an admirable morality but yet struggles with a spirituality that is outward focused rather than inward focused. What I mean is that it strives for morality but through changing the outward form through religious rituals rather than through an inner change.

Another contradiction I see is a religion that endeavors to promote an image of peace and tolerance but yet struggles with violence in its midst. I think perhaps it struggles with the concept of Jihad?

In regards to your challenge I think I have already touched on these issues � particularly God and Jesus in previous posts, and I know there are posts waiting for me to reply that will also touch on them. Just quickly though about salvation I see no contradiction about salvation. Throughout the OT and NT runs a theme of an inner circumcision of good works based on an inner faith and relationship with God.

God Bless
David
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526>
  Share Topic