IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1o1 Biblical Contradictions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1o1 Biblical Contradictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 26>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisdomseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 6:15am
Assalamu alaikum,

Excellent work sister, may allah reward you for your efforts.

May Allah guide us to the right path surely He guides whom He wills
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 9:53am
Ameen
JOUBERAR View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOUBERAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Nazleen Nazleen wrote:

For those of you believe that the Bible is the infallible word of God.
By
Lucifer

The 101 contradictions makes it clear that the Bible has not been written by scholars attempting to write a �factual� history but by propagandists.

�Conspiracy� J�Accuse.

There are a number of legal and non-legal definitions of �conspiracy;� but generally A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design should suffice. I accuse the Christians in general of being co-collaborators in a conspiracy to corrupt and pervert humanity, by alleging that their �Holy Bible� represents the �highest truth,� and that their genocidal, infanticidal, homophobic God is the actual Creator of the Universe (i.e., the God of Physics). This is not a trivial matter; today we see that it is the two most prominent Christian nations in the world, the Anglo-American Christian narco-terrorists/ state terrorists who are at the forefront to of World Capitalist revolution, the holocaust of all militant enemies and the economic and sexual enslavement of humanity under Capitalism.

The head of state of the British narco-terrorists is Elizabeth Windsor, who is also the temporal head and �defensor fides (defender of the faith)� of the international Anglican (Episcopalian in the US) Church. In America the George Bush family are also practicing Episcopalians (with the exception of George W�s wife who is a Methodist)> The new president Obama is also a Christian yet global war and Capitalist imperialism goes on as before. The legacy of Christianity is that of crusades and holocausts, inquisitions, tyranny, monetarism (Capitalism), loan sharking (usury) and imperialism. The history of Latin American since the end of WW2 shows a trail of narco-terrorism, CIA backed coups, dictators of the far right, death squads and the torture murder and genocide of much of the political Left; that is the legacy of Christian state terrorism.

There appears to be at least one Christian here offering a cash reward for anyone who can prove the many claims in the Zeitgeist move, based on Jordan Maxwell�s �Sons of God,� which offers argument and evidence of numerous historical sun-gods who were allegedly miraculously born, given divine status and entwined with astro-theology. Unfortunately ancient history is often the propaganda of tyrants and prophets, entwined with miracles stories and myth; �proving� or disproving the truth of such legends is often impossible.

I would also offer a challenge to any Christian who can offer a refutation of all 101 contradictions, thus giving weight to the long held theory that the Bible is the word of God (who would clearly surely be the cosmos�s most accurate historian). My offer is that of 73 virgins in the afterlife (the Muslims currently offer 72), though I am quite sure that this reward shall not be collected, particularly since the Christian Capitalists bear the curse of Jesus (i.e., the Capitalists allegedly end up in Hell).

I have a graduate degree in Theology and Religious Studies; my second subject was History. I also have a post-graduate degree in education. I do not teach in schools but I am a qualified school teacher and I am quite familiar with the process of marking student�s essays.

If the Bible is the word of the actual Creator, I would expect to give Her an A+ for historical methodology and
moral philosophy in the same way that I would give Her an A+ in Physics, Chemistry, mathematics, astronomy and other sciences.

Since we are considering the Bible to have been written by God, it would be unfair to judge her by the standard of a High School student, but rather by the standard of a PhD student.

I would have to fail Her on historical methodology; I would not even mark the paper. On moral philosophy with regards to the justifications for rape, genocide, infanticide, human and animal sacrifice cultism, cannibalism etc., not only would I have to fail her and return the paper unmarked, in addition I would consider Her to be criminally insane and the definition of �evil.� I would also consider it to be the case that anyone who believed that this was the �word of God� was also criminally insane, and a morally (i.e., the discernment of good and evil) worthless individual.

Bear in mind that since we are speaking of the alleged �infallible word of God� it shall be insufficient to justify �some� of the Biblical contradictions; in order to justify the infallibility of the Bible, �all� of the contradictions must be justified.

st**idity.

We are the most educated, scientific and literate generation in all of known history. Were to go back in time to meet the authors of the Bible, we would probably consider them to be primitive and overly superstitious blood sacrifice cultists; whereas to them we would seem as if gods; our science would give them the impression that we had great magical powers; our weapon technology would make us invincible. A common perspective taken by victims of religious hypnosis is that if some ancient ancestor rambles on about metaphysical matters, that this person should be taken more seriously than an educated, literate modernist.

Feurbachian projection (Anthromorphism). Psychology of religion 101.

When George �God told me to invade Iraq� Bush�s god is clearly the god of state terrorism, narco-terrorism; a god that lusts for oil, opium, money and human slavery; a god that drops depleted uranium ion women and children for the purposes of Capitalist imperialism. Clearly Bush�s Capitalist is most people�s definition of the Devil. Similarly with the God of our ancient ancestors; their God was an angry, wrathful, proto-fascist who despised the gods and peoples of other tribes, it was simply a projection of our ancestors own consciousness. Similarly my god is a militant black lesbian Jewish Communist. This projection of God or �definition� of God is a quite separate issue to the issue of the existence of a Creator.

From the time that Cain and Abel made the first sacrifice to God, Jews, including Noah and Abraham, made animal sacrifices to God in many places.

When the Jews received the Ten Commandmens on Mount Sinai, one of the new laws stipulated that Jews were no longer allowed to bring sacrifices to God just anywhere.

The Torah says, "You may not worship God in such a manner. This you may do only on the site that God will choose from among all your tribes to place His Name there. You must seek His Presence, and you must go there. You will bring there your elevated offerings, your eaten sacrifices, your tithes, your hand-delivered elevated gifts, your general and specific pledges, the first born of your cattle and flocks...." (Deut. 12:4-6).

Furthermore, "You will not do then what we do here now, where each person does as he sees fit. For you have not yet come to the resting place and to the inheritance which the Lord your God gives you. But when you traverse the Jordan and you settle the land which the Lord your God gives you to inherit, and when He gives you rest from all your enemies round about, so that you dwell in safety, then there shall be a place which the Lord your God shall choose to cause His Name to dwell there. There you must bring all that I command you, your burnt elevated offerings, your eaten sacrirfices, your tithes, your elevated gifts, and all your choice pledges that you might vow to the Lord." (Deut 12:8-11).

The Torah continues: "Watch yourself! Lest you bring your burnt elevated offerings in any place you see fit. Only in the place that the Lord will choose, somewhere from among your tribes, there shall your bring your burnt elevated offerings, and there you must do all that I command you concerning this." (Deut 12:13-14)

Thus, once King Solomon completed and dedicated the , animal sacrifices were offered only in the Temple. It would be a sin to offer sacrifices in any other place. And once the Temple was destroyed in 70 CE, no more animal sacrifices were offered.

What replaced animal sacrifices in Jewish practice?

Prayer has taken the place of sacrifices in Jewish practice. Hosea 14:3 reads, "Take with you words, and turn to the Lord. Say to Him, forgive all iniquity and receive us graciously, so we will offer the words of our lips instead of calves."

In some ways, Jewish prayer services parallel the ancient sacrificial practices. The extra service on the Jewish Sabbath, for example, parallels the extra Shabbat offering.

Even in Biblical times when sacrifices were made, Jews saw repentance as the most important and sacrifice as the least important way to gain forgiveness from God.

Few sins required animal sacrifice. According to the Torah, forgiveness for an intentional sin could only be atoned for through repentance, not through an animal sacrifice (Psalms 32:5, 51:16-19). Animal sacrifices were only prescribed for unintentional sins (Leviticus 4:2, 13, 22, 27; 5:5, 15 and Numbers 15:30). The one exception was when an individual who was accused of theft swore falsely in an effort to gain acquittal (Leviticus 5:24-26).

Furthermore, sacrifices could not make amends for a crime unless the person making the offering sincerely repented before making the sacrifice and made restitution to any person harmed by the sin.

In addition, sacrifices could only be made in the Temple, while prayers could be recited anywhere. Upon completion of the building of the Holy Temple, King Solomon asked that prayer be used by those away from the Temple to obtain forgiveness (I Kings 8:46-50). Even during the time of the Temple, synagogues were used for prayer.

Thus, even in Biblical times, prayer and repentance were important means to atonement. Today Jews no longer practice animal sacrifice, but they gain forgiveness from God via prayer, repentance and good deeds.

We need to have a strong belief and complete faith that God is in absolute control of the world that we live in.

1 Chronicles 29:11 "Everything in the heavens and the earth is Yours, O Lord. We adore You as being in control of everything." 

The Bible calls this God's sovereignty. That means He is the absolute authority in life. He's the ultimate ruler. He is in charge and He is in control. The Bible teaches us that God is in control of the world. He created the world and all that is in it. He sustains this world by the power of His word.

Hebrews 11:3 God's Son has all the brightness of God's own glory and is like him in every way. By his own mighty word, he holds the universe together. The Contemporary English

Not only is God in control of the world; He is also in control of history. We are moving toward a climax. We are moving forward to a grand climax. One day Jesus Christ is going to come back. One day there will be a judgment day. History is His-story. We're not going through just random acts of events that happen in life. There is a grand design. There is a purpose. There is a plan. And God is in control of history.

Not only is He in control of the world, not only is He in control of history; God is also in control of our lives. Therefore we need to walk in faith that what ever happens in our lives God can and will use it for our eternal good. God is in control.

There is a question that we need to answer before I get into the heart of this message.

If God is in control, then why do bad things happen to us?

You can see what is happening in the if something goes wrong then call for a summit thus all the UN come and decide what to instead of asking God what to do instead no we dont need God lets make our own decisions.

JEREMIAH 29: 11FOR I KNOW THE THOUGHTS THAT I THINK TOWARD YOU, SAITH THE LORD, THOUGHTS OF PEACE, AND NOT OF EVIL, TO GIVE YOU AN EXPECTED END

Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a man's heart but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

Proverbs 19:21 We may make a lot of plans, but the LORD will do what he has decided.

I think we must be carefull what or how we want to interpreted God's word before we inflcted any judgement.

Do not judge God by the pen of the author.
JOUBERAR View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOUBERAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Nazleen Nazleen wrote:

For those of you believe that the Bible is the infallible word of God.
By
Lucifer

The 101 contradictions makes it clear that the Bible has not been written by scholars attempting to write a �factual� history but by propagandists.

�Conspiracy� J�Accuse.

There are a number of legal and non-legal definitions of �conspiracy;� but generally A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design should suffice. I accuse the Christians in general of being co-collaborators in a conspiracy to corrupt and pervert humanity, by alleging that their �Holy Bible� represents the �highest truth,� and that their genocidal, infanticidal, homophobic God is the actual Creator of the Universe (i.e., the God of Physics). This is not a trivial matter; today we see that it is the two most prominent Christian nations in the world, the Anglo-American Christian narco-terrorists/ state terrorists who are at the forefront to of World Capitalist revolution, the holocaust of all militant enemies and the economic and sexual enslavement of humanity under Capitalism.

The head of state of the British narco-terrorists is Elizabeth Windsor, who is also the temporal head and �defensor fides (defender of the faith)� of the international Anglican (Episcopalian in the US) Church. In America the George Bush family are also practicing Episcopalians (with the exception of George W�s wife who is a Methodist)> The new president Obama is also a Christian yet global war and Capitalist imperialism goes on as before. The legacy of Christianity is that of crusades and holocausts, inquisitions, tyranny, monetarism (Capitalism), loan sharking (usury) and imperialism. The history of Latin American since the end of WW2 shows a trail of narco-terrorism, CIA backed coups, dictators of the far right, death squads and the torture murder and genocide of much of the political Left; that is the legacy of Christian state terrorism.

There appears to be at least one Christian here offering a cash reward for anyone who can prove the many claims in the Zeitgeist move, based on Jordan Maxwell�s �Sons of God,� which offers argument and evidence of numerous historical sun-gods who were allegedly miraculously born, given divine status and entwined with astro-theology. Unfortunately ancient history is often the propaganda of tyrants and prophets, entwined with miracles stories and myth; �proving� or disproving the truth of such legends is often impossible.

I would also offer a challenge to any Christian who can offer a refutation of all 101 contradictions, thus giving weight to the long held theory that the Bible is the word of God (who would clearly surely be the cosmos�s most accurate historian). My offer is that of 73 virgins in the afterlife (the Muslims currently offer 72), though I am quite sure that this reward shall not be collected, particularly since the Christian Capitalists bear the curse of Jesus (i.e., the Capitalists allegedly end up in Hell).

I have a graduate degree in Theology and Religious Studies; my second subject was History. I also have a post-graduate degree in education. I do not teach in schools but I am a qualified school teacher and I am quite familiar with the process of marking student�s essays.

If the Bible is the word of the actual Creator, I would expect to give Her an A+ for historical methodology and
moral philosophy in the same way that I would give Her an A+ in Physics, Chemistry, mathematics, astronomy and other sciences.

Since we are considering the Bible to have been written by God, it would be unfair to judge her by the standard of a High School student, but rather by the standard of a PhD student.

I would have to fail Her on historical methodology; I would not even mark the paper. On moral philosophy with regards to the justifications for rape, genocide, infanticide, human and animal sacrifice cultism, cannibalism etc., not only would I have to fail her and return the paper unmarked, in addition I would consider Her to be criminally insane and the definition of �evil.� I would also consider it to be the case that anyone who believed that this was the �word of God� was also criminally insane, and a morally (i.e., the discernment of good and evil) worthless individual.

Bear in mind that since we are speaking of the alleged �infallible word of God� it shall be insufficient to justify �some� of the Biblical contradictions; in order to justify the infallibility of the Bible, �all� of the contradictions must be justified.

st**idity.

We are the most educated, scientific and literate generation in all of known history. Were to go back in time to meet the authors of the Bible, we would probably consider them to be primitive and overly superstitious blood sacrifice cultists; whereas to them we would seem as if gods; our science would give them the impression that we had great magical powers; our weapon technology would make us invincible. A common perspective taken by victims of religious hypnosis is that if some ancient ancestor rambles on about metaphysical matters, that this person should be taken more seriously than an educated, literate modernist.

Feurbachian projection (Anthromorphism). Psychology of religion 101.

When George �God told me to invade Iraq� Bush�s god is clearly the god of state terrorism, narco-terrorism; a god that lusts for oil, opium, money and human slavery; a god that drops depleted uranium ion women and children for the purposes of Capitalist imperialism. Clearly Bush�s Capitalist is most people�s definition of the Devil. Similarly with the God of our ancient ancestors; their God was an angry, wrathful, proto-fascist who despised the gods and peoples of other tribes, it was simply a projection of our ancestors own consciousness. Similarly my god is a militant black lesbian Jewish Communist. This projection of God or �definition� of God is a quite separate issue to the issue of the existence of a Creator.

Nazleen I am not acussing you of anything Jesus was with out any sin He could destroy the whole Isreal with one word after they persecuted him and killed him and still he asked God to forgive them, but sometimes its good to criticize but those people whom you criticize must know spectrum of the criticism they are politicians they are only doing it for their country and thier pay check they don't even know the essence of brotherhood that our war is not against flesh and against any humans they msut be educated in humanism and righteousness like Jesus have told us and if they cant see it in a religious concept then they apply it in humanitarian way we are all humans aren't we so then we must behave like humans not animals not even animals behave like humans. 
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 1:19am
You demand respect for Islam and the Qur'an yet you say the ugliest things about the Bible. Anyone who believes that the Bible is absolutely infallible is not in complete control of their faculties and anyone who would try and prove that the Jews and Christians are "infidels" is weird as well. Islam sprang directly from the Hebrew and Christian Bibles. The Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) admired the Jews and Christians that visited the Kaaba in Mecca and their belief in One True God. There are many instances in the Qur'an that are directly adopted from the Jewish Torah and the Christian Bible. To say that the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) was uninfluenced by these travelers is simply to ignore facts.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 2:26am
Nazleen, you really think you are a good Muslim by creating huge posts full of anti-Christian polemics?

I wonder when the more clear-headed Muslims on this website reply to all of this.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 9:03pm
I as a believer in truth, did my own research and on fundamental issues such as, who God is? and how salvation is achieved? and of course who Jesus really was? I found the claims of the Bible to be inconsistent to itself.
And by the way, pointing out what is in the book, without adding anything to it is not and should not be taken as insult, if one's belief is based on truth.

I know it hurts, when something you saw as the truth all your life, but upon studying it you find it to be inconsistent within itself, it is hard to coop with that fact, but if one values truth, its easy to reconcile and accept that fact.

I could never question the Bible, before I read it. I always respected it, I still do, but after reading and knowing it, I saw for myself that what was its reality. It is inconsistent and many fundamental issues oppose within its contents and lead me to believe that men played a role to change what God revealed to prophets before.
The fact is that it is nothing less or nothing more than that.

Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 2:40pm
Hasan, To belive that the Holy Bible contains contradictions is correct, any work done by the hand of man, even under Divine guidance, is subject to error and contradiction. The Holy Qur'an itself (I read it in it's entirety also) contains contradictory elements when dealing with the treatment of "Peoples of the Book", the role of the Jews and their relationship with God as His chosen people, etc. Does this make the Holy Qur'an valueless? Of course not, but anyone saying that every word and thought in the Qur'an is without ANY error or contradiction is deceiving themself. The thing I noticed about the Holy Qur'an is that it is very different from the Holy Bible in style and form, but the overall picture is that the Holy Bible and the Holy Qur'an are in substantial agreement on most subjects and topics. Both books are worthy and deserving of respect from any believer in God, especially the spiritual descendents of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Ishmael.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 26>
  Share Topic