IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lost a loved one  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost a loved one

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 8:57am
Originally posted by sahara sahara wrote:

I lost my husband to cancer back in 2002.

I thought God had forget about me and all my dreams of a good marriage and home with a family. I started researching religions for answers about death. In 2004 I took Shadaha, I'm find it difficult to remind as I'm getting alot of harrassment from both muslims and non-muslims about converting, I keep getting asked why and stay in your own religion.

Asalaam Waikulum Sister,

Why dont you ask the Muslims that harrass you about reverting why they want to be American? I am sorry they are so shortsighted. Stick to your piety, and no one will have a right to judge you. And visit us here often, you are in your own religion, Jazak'allah, Stay close to God and you will be protected!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 10:00am
Originally posted by sahara sahara wrote:

They don't understand why. They ask me why a American would want to become a muslim when we have our own religion. I wonder if I'm being tested.

FDreedom of religion... in the constitution.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 1:08pm

Assalamu Alaikum Sister:

I don't understand... When I did Shahada all of the Muslims I met were beyond thrilled to meet me, an American who had become Muslim. Especially as I wasn't married to a Muslim at the time, that made it even more amazing somehow because I wasn't influenced by a husband. When I would go to the mosque all of the women would gather around me and smile. I was like an exhibit: White American Former Christian Woman Revert - Please Touch and Feed Often

You should definitely look for another group of Muslims to be around. They should be celebrating with you, not trying to turn you away.

Edited by Mishmish
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum Sister:

I don't understand... When I did Shahada all of the Muslims I met were beyond thrilled to meet me, an American who had become Muslim. Especially as I wasn't married to a Muslim at the time, that made it even more amazing somehow because I wasn't influenced by a husband. When I would go to the mosque all of the women would gather around me and smile. I was like an exhibit: White American Former Christian Woman Revert - Please Touch and Feed Often

You should definitely look for another group of Muslims to be around. They should be celebrating with you, not trying to turn you away.

As-Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu;

Sister Mish, you make my day!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 5:41am
[QUOTE=sahara]

I lost my husband to cancer back in 2002.

I thought God had forget about me and all my dreams of a good marriage and home with a family. I started researching religions for answers about death. In 2004 I took Shadaha, I'm find it difficult to remind as I'm getting alot of harrassment from both muslims and non-muslims about converting, I keep getting asked why and stay in your own religion.

[/QUOTE

Dear Sister,

May Allah, SWT, give you comfort and ease in your time of bereavement.  Pm the sisters here at IC for the companionship that you need if you are not finding it elsewhere.  We love you and pray for your success.

Maybe the grass is greener on the other side.  Maybe it just looks that way and you would realize that there are crabgrass and weeds there also if you went there and lived in it. 

I love Islaam and do not feel that I deserted anything but a false belief about the nature of Allah and some specifics as to His Mercy and His prophets.  I really feel the Mercy of Allah in Islaam.  I reject the idea of an innocent blood sacrifce being necessary for forgiveness of our sins.  It seems cruel and has nothing to do with Allah's infinite Mercy.  I can't relate to that idea at all.  That's why I am and will be a Muslimah always, ISA.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
sister_s06 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sister_s06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 7:16pm

Dear Sahara Sis, sorry for your loss. I lost my father last year in a road accident and know how devastating it can be.

But I want to congratulate you on becoming a muslim. Inshallah you will find hope and peace with the belief that your loved one is with Allah now.

I also went through some changes after Dad passed away. I found comfort reading the Quran and gradually I soon started wearing the Hijab. I feel more connected to Allah by respecting his wishes on how we women should dress.

Hope you all the best and I do wish that you had muslims who would have given you the support that you need so much. Try to find a different group of people like one of the sisters mentioned.

Wishing you all the best!

Love

schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 3:03am
:(:( let's read yasin for their souls.
i dunno who were my dad, i mean if he was in any religion or none. just don wanna say anything, hope he was a muslim. but anyway i used to read yasin before, and afterward i saw him in my dream, a nice dream.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic