IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - conversion to islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

conversion to islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: conversion to islam
    Posted: 25 August 2009 at 2:08am
please answer this question or can you add other question regarding this:
how has conversion changed the world view of muslim converts?

Edited by icforumadmin - 25 August 2009 at 10:47pm
salahuddeen2009 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salahuddeen2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2009 at 5:12pm

salam sister

i understand your question in 2ways:

1)conversion changes the person's view :by making the convert know his aim in this life&recognize his responsibilities towards God(Allah) & towards others

2)conversion rates increased in the past few years,& this made the world recognise the importance of making  dialogues with islamic nation & open channels of sharing ideas with muslims allover the world

salahuddeen2009 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salahuddeen2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 3:59pm
salam again
this link contains good data(books)about islam,in polish language,all what you should do is to press the words written in red colour:
with each line you press,another page will open,you'll find pdf file there,so you just download it
if you cant do it,then contact me to send the books to you as attachment by emailSmile
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 10:06pm
Salams,and welcome to the forum! Salahuddeen,Ramadan Mubarak!I believe the growth of converts(reverts) to Al Islam opens the worlds eyes to understanding of The real Islam and not just settle for misconceptions,It makes people wonder why Islam and if they are truely open minded the wonderers will eventually become followers on the path (InshAllah Ta ala)
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

Salams,and welcome to the forum! Salahuddeen,Ramadan Mubarak!I believe the growth of converts(reverts) to Al Islam opens the worlds eyes to understanding of The real Islam and not just settle for misconceptions,It makes people wonder why Islam and if they are truely open minded the wonderers will eventually become followers on the path (InshAllah Ta ala)

Ummmmm.... no, thanks! I appreciate it, but I am Christian because I feel, I have no doubt about my faith!!! Wink And I have a deep knowledge of Islam (and improving daily, alhamdulillah!).

Well, to be honest, I know lot of muslim, borned muslim, from muslim countries, and I like most of them. With the converted... I am just meeting them.

See, I will tell you something that happened during my Islam classes in the Mosque: there is an old woman from Chile, whe reverted two years back. She is on 50s, most probably, and she was having a backace, she was not able to move. So our teacher (Syrian doctor), told her to take a tablet, and she answered: I cannot, because I am fasting today (it was the week before Ramadan started).

The doctor told her: it's ok, you are fasting, but instead of a tablet, I will give you an injection.

She answered: No!! I told you I am fasting! And the doctor, yes, I anderstood, but I am talking about injection, and there is no problem even if you were fasting.

She rejected the injection, after fighting with the teacher, he got angry and she left.

What I mean? There are some reverted who really don't know about Islam. I meet some of them who love the feeling of sharing with others. They talk about the islamic community, and the prayers together in the Mosque, and all that, but they don't know Islam. They repeat the verses of the Quran, but they ignore the meaning.

During my Islam classes, I am used to "fight" LOL with the teachers (in nice way, but I prefer to ask them about my doubts, that to keep my doubts on me). And lot of times, the already reverted are trying to give me answers, like showing knowledge... and the teacher has to correct them.

Well, sure I am not talking about every converted. I meet few of them who really have a deep knowledge. I respect them a lot.

No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2009 at 1:34am
Welcome Jaren,

Are you asking us each individually, how has becoming a Muslim changed our world view?

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Moses View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2009 at 7:12am
Originally posted by jaren jaren wrote:

If conversion is coming back from human words and going through God`s word, it will make every thing better, powerful , and bright. because it is going away from darkness to the lightWink.
but if conversion is going from some human words toward the others, of course it is coming out of a hole and jumping in a well!Dead
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2009 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by jaren jaren wrote:

Hi Jaren and welcome to the forum. You ask a very interesting question. First I would like to point toward the right terminology, converts or reverts?
We call it reversion as we believe that when a person is born, he/she is born with a pure fitra or person, its later in life that it is shaped according to influences and decisions we make based on them that makes us a fire worshipper, a pagan, and so on or some of us stay lucky to stay in that state of worshipping our maker in absolute purity. When anyone who comes back to the original fitra we are born with, in submission to our maker again, we call it coming back to the original path and such person is called a revert and not a convert.
I am personally not a revert to Islam, you can call me "born again" even though we don't have such a term in Islam. I was born in Islam, but never practicing until lived here in the West and after knowing and studying some of the most well known religions of the world embraced the one true religion that brings you to the purest of all worships, the worship to your maker alone and nothing/none beside Him.
I also had a chance to meet several reverts in various states I lived. They were from all races and background. I met 'white', 'hispanic', 'black', 'asian, and so on. I had a chance to talk to some of them enough to know how they see the world.  One thing was clear and very common that once they have aligned themselves with those who bow doen in worship to their maker, in Islam, they see themselves part of Islamic community more than anything else.  There life style changed, the way they walk/talk everything.  And obviously, since Islam is a way of life, that govern every aspect of your life once you make that declaration of faith, your world view changes and that's what I did notice in many of them. Their priorities changed and how they see sucess, life, present and future and everything. And interestingly enough they are often thought to be from somewhere else. I know of a sisiter who is Hispanic, who could also be taken as "white" was waiting for her turn at a doctor's office when she heard whispers from behind in Spanish, meaning "look, a big Arab women...and so on. When her name and last name was called, which happened to be a very typical and very very Hispanic, the reaction was very shocking on their faces when 'Blanca'  turned around and gave them a smile while adjusting her Abaya (outer garment used by some Muslim women).

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 03 September 2009 at 3:50pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic