IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - love?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

love?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waseem173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: love?
    Posted: 23 August 2009 at 10:32pm
asslamu alaikum (w.b) to all...
i am waseem from malaysia.. couple of month ago ..... i was engaged to girl living in brunei .... this was the decision made by my parents.they did ask me my opinion....but have no restrictions to them ...so i agreed to their decisions.... hence i didnt see the girl before ...they jus show her photo....... then some how i got the girl's contact... ..... i began to email her.. as time passed i  started to talk to her via mobile ...hence our relationship bonds stronger...... till now i havent meet her....my qns is that...is it halal ...to talk with her..... r having contacts with her.......
since we are both engaged .... is there any restrictions .....
pls advice me \''''' salamsSmile

Edited by waseem173 - 23 August 2009 at 10:35pm
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 6:49am
Your intentions're are important.....!!!
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 11:08pm
Walaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Brother, its not permissible in Islam to talk to the girl engaged, as she is still a non-mahram to you. Incase of necessities its permitted to talk, under few conditions that, her parents consent be seeked, and that if you have no mediators to convey your important message, like her brothers, or your sisters, only then its permitted.

Else, its not permitted in Islam.

Once i happened to read over a site of Amr Khaled, a boy came to him and asked the same as you posted. This sheikh adviced him to stop immediately, for the sake of Allah swt. Though, he had no restrictions from either families, but only for the sake of Allah swt, and fear of Allah swt that its not permitted in Islam, they stopped contacts with each other. Except thru his sister, he conveyed any message. After few years {10 years of his marriage as i remember}, this same boy happened to meet the sheikh and  told him that Allah swt has blessed there married life,  that even today after 10 years of marriage they feel like a newly married couple.

So my brother, i would advice you the same to fear Allah, explain to her as well. I pray Allah swt that your married life blossom with love and peace. Ameen

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic