IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Washing a dead body  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Washing a dead body

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Washing a dead body
    Posted: 16 July 2005 at 11:23pm
Has anyone here washed a dead body? Most muslims are turned off, but there is a big reward. Most mosques have lessons. The person should be trustworthy, honest so on. Coming from the West it was strange to see them being wrapped in white sheets; just but down into the ground. When you see a muslim being buried you realize what is death;it's near. I always talk about death to my children and tell them to get as many rewards as possible because you never know when you will go.
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 6:36am

Assalamu Alaikum Sister ummsaleh,

I am glad you brought this subject up!� It is something we all need to think about and be aware of. An excellent guide to everything about Muslim funerals (washing, wrapping, prayers, burial...) can be found here:

http://www.isna.net/services/casc/guide.html

I was so happy to come across this, as I found that most Muslims I have met have no idea about what to do (there were always people to take care of that kind of thing back home!). All the families of our little community now have a copy in their homes for the inevitable.

Peace, ummziba.

Admin: The link is broken, you use this link instead:

http://wfae.org/post/how-muslims-wash-bury-their-dead

Edited by icforumadmin - 29 April 2016 at 6:04pm
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 6:43am

I remember my father when imam was washing him...he was smiling..my father was always loving baths,he was an waterbird;i also too...i scare for mine if i will be smiling then imam will warn me:"be serious man you are going to the other world" then  i will reply with opening my eyes :"shut up!,just do your work u took the money,i love water and i am happy for going there"...

Edited by Suleyman
ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 7:17am

Salam,

my mother-in-law died of cancer last year, she was a stick from the disease. She came to the mosque frozen and after washing her she had a huge smile and a white spot appeared on her forehead and looked 25 years younger. I was shocked and could only say ALLAH AKBAR!!!!!

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 8:07am
Originally posted by ummsaleh ummsaleh wrote:

Salam,

my mother-in-law died of cancer last year, she was a stick from the disease. She came to the mosque frozen and after washing her she had a huge smile and a white spot appeared on her forehead and looked 25 years younger. I was shocked and could only say ALLAH AKBAR!!!!!

May Allah bless your mother,amin!...

My father also died from cancer...cancer is an so painful disease that makes you smile when you escape from it no matter if you are dead;there is not so much person knows cancer but i can write it's book...Subhan'Allah!

Edited by Suleyman
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

I remember my father when imam was washing him...he was smiling..my father was always loving baths,he was an waterbird;i also too...i scare for mine if i will be smiling then imam will warn me:"be serious man you are going to the other world" then  i will reply with opening my eyes :"shut up!,just do your work u took the money,i love water and i am happy for going there"...

Assalamu Alaikum

Brother Suleyman, reading your comment made me get such a big smile on my face and lightness in my heart.  Thank you!  Inshallah we will all be smiling when we die. 

Ummsaleh, thank you for starting this thread.  I think we all need to know these things especially those who do not live in large Muslim communities.  It reminds me that I need to let my daughters know that when I die, I must be buried as a Muslim and not like a Christian.

Ummziba, thank you for sharing the link where I can get more information to share with my daughters.  They are not Muslim but I know they will make sure I am buried the way I must be and the information on that link will be helpful.

PAZ, Khadija 

Edited by Khadija1021
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
J.R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 2:58am
Assalamu Alaikum,

I too thank you for starting this thread and for the sisters and brothers
who contributed to it. It made me realize I really should make a living will
that directs my family to give me an Islamic burial if something were to
happen to me. I really feel if it did my family would bury me as a
Christian since they still have not accepted me as a Muslim.

Allah hafiz,
J.R.
Smile
ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 7:13am
Thank- you all and i hope to discuss  some more important topics soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic