IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Middle East
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP ME  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP ME

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 4:44am
Originally posted by Pati Pati wrote:

WOW Confused  Alhamdulillah, there are not much muslim men like you, because if everyone was, I would understand why the muslim women are marrying "anglos". Better to open your mind and allow fresh air to come inside, really.

Alhamdulillah I dont have Identity Crises. But i think your still living in a dream world (where social rejects dont count).

The colonial days are over, believing in Pocahuntas stories of the Anglos/Conquistadors saving the Asian/Black/Latina lady from the hands of the savages are long gone. Maybe if you dominate a few more countries you might just live the fairy tale story again, but try Iraq again not counting the rapes Anglos do.

But of course if you confuse every Sikh, Hindu, Lost lady for a Muslim one then I dont blame ya Wink 

A few holiday resorts might change ya mind, you dont seem to be far from a few to see what Anglo women are after, ever wonder why BNP are gaining power? Smile to bad they cant stop the trend lol, sorry but thats reality.

Edited by SteppeNomad - 26 August 2009 at 5:51am
SteppeNomad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 5:20am
Originally posted by mariyah mariyah wrote:

Asalaamu alaikum:
Steppe Nomad, you should be ashamed of yourself. My mother was a turk who married my Anglo father, himself  a Muslim convert.
I am assuming you yourself may be turk, as yoy refer to the steppes, the origin of many of the turkish peoples.

If youve figured out that much you might want to recheck history and ull see we mixed with almost everyone and still do, so not a big issue there. I know Turkish guys who are married to Anglos, Germans, Chinese, South Asian women etc, does not bother me at all as I will be doing the same. And the Anglo thing is just perferance, nothing to be ashamed of, im sure many other people have there perferences not to marry certain people but they just cant say it because they have to be politically correct losers.

Anyway it has got more to do with cultural - understanding differences then racial ones, although that comes under it i guess. But for example in an ideal traditional Turkic household, we kiss the hands of our elders as a sign of love (you might know that then), take off shoes in the house, go the extra mile to make sure guests feel comfortable at home, house must always be crisp clean, family members can just come in and out the house as they please, parents, bothers, sisters dont have to call you up and say "hey sister/duagther (in law) im going to stay over today",  they just come and do stay. Im sure this is the same with most Muslim societies, they are very culture and family orientated. Unlike that of Anglo-European ones where kids want to move out soon as they reach 18, and elders are stuck in care homes taking thier last breaths, unfortunatly Muslim societies are to getting affected by this desease of individualism.

Cultural/Racial differences are a richness and will/should add richness to the family and kids, however no culture is a different issue, and we see that in western societies today, and dw us Muslims are getting there for all those folks who hate culture and tradition so much.

btw note for all those with identity crises, i mean good culture that is not against Islam.

Edited by SteppeNomad - 26 August 2009 at 5:52am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 5:48am
Originally posted by RASHROUSH2222 RASHROUSH2222 wrote:

steppenomad : r u a muslima?coz if u r am surprised from ur question marryin an anglo?he is a muslim isnt he?a good muslim actually elhamdulillah and am proud and honored to be his wife inshallah.and no matter wat inshallah i wont leave him.i have been blessed to have an opprotunity to marry a reverted muslim who cares alot about islam and that will help me teachin ppl in australia about islam and how to recite quran properly.

i wish if i can find him a good offer in australia or even in the arab world.
but its not easy to convince him if the offer is not a big WOW.
he is australian origionally he studied islamic culture in university he works in security field...if anyone can help i appreciate it jazakom allah khair.
ur sister in islam.

No im a guy, but it dont take a scientist or gender relations expert to see what im seeing.

Im sure theres a lot of nice poius Muslims in Jordan to Wink well everyone  seems to care about Islam but reality is usually far from it these days.  Alot of people who get married saying "masallah such a poius brother/sister" then they become a ........... after the divorce certificate.

Anyway if im right your in Jordan, this guy is in Australia, he works as a crowd controller in a hotel/bar (likely night shifts) dealing with alcoholics as pious as it gets, you consider that not a proper job, im sure he doesnt get fancy pay for your and his liking. I garantee you have cultural differences, usually its a different story when you see someones toilet or kitchen as opposed to there piousness over the net. Im sure his doing backflips and telling his friends now that his going to have a Jordanian/Arab wife that will travel all the way to Australia for him while he wont move unless the "wow" factor in the job, considering his a security guard i doubt that "wow factor" will happen so forget it, forget you moving there to because of Visa problems, unless Australia dont ask Visa from Jordanian women but add to that the fact you know nothing about Australia and Australians, as well as possibly having no family there if this guy dumps you on the streets?

Not to mention that if he was such a great man, why on earth would you be here telling us this as opposed to talking with him about it and solving, seeing that he can look after/prove to you he is right for you.

My advise, unless you know shaykh oil al fawzan al alot of dollars, forget this story and move on with your life Smile

Sorry for making you cry in advance.

RASHROUSH2222 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RASHROUSH2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 11:56pm

Steppe: it seems u didnt even read my first post about this topic..

am not here askin shall i go on or break up with him?coz am goin through this for the sake of ALLAH,me and him..
am not worried or stressed out about him and thats not wat is it all about..am here askin about his job and only about his job...so if u wanna talk about weird things regardin him then u will be talkin about somethin am not interested to hear...am marrying this guy INSHALLAH thats somethin between me and ALLAH only....
i dont care if he is Anglo he is a great guy and he will be my world there and am sure it will take me sometime to cope with the life there...and we might even move to live in KSA(not soon)but he suggested that...
am marryina good muslim sir dont care about his nationality even though palestinian(me)are known that we always prefer to marry palestinian coz we have same culture same background.and i was engaged b4 to a palestinian good muslim(he claimed) guy...and elhamdulillah i broke up with him coz i dont care about anythin if he is not a good muslim..
so thnx alot for the time u spent to post ur opinion here but ur opinion is irrelevant to my topic...nothin in the world can change my mind of getting married to this guy....Y?coz am askin allah in every single salah for 7 months about this guy and alhamdulillah things r goin great and inshallah i will be married to him and remember dont fear a muslim who fears allah.and when i say fear allah am not talkin about sins only...i mean in every simple thing in his life...and inshallah my guy is one of them inshallah...but its just this job that am not feelin ok with coz in my country we have alot of other options but in his country almost no option to stay away from haram places coz a non muslim country is a country that is full of haram...and dont forget the financial crisis that left millions of ppl around the world unemployed..
jazakom allah khair....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 2:48am
lol ok, do as you wish, your life.

you asked for advice, so i gave it.

Best of wishes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic