IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Books, Newspapers & Magazines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Harry Potter  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Potter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 2:51am

Harry Potter is getting boring with Mr.Harry now grown up 'wizard'.I liked book no.1-4, but rest two arn't good.

I agree with what Amina said, it is a simple-fun-book and nothing more.It is better to read Harry Potter in your free time, rather than glare at T.V.

Harry Potter is one of those rare book which made me realise that books are not always boring.Encouraged after reading it, I tried my hands at Dickens and Jeffry Archer novels.It didnt had any negative effect on me(I hope)-rather helped me increase my english.

Regards,Dayem.

"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 5:11am

I've only read up to book 3, I'm slow I know  

Quote Harry Potter is one of those rare book which made me realise that books are not always boring.Encouraged after reading it, I tried my hands at Dickens and Jeffry Archer novels.It didnt had any negative effect on me(I hope)-rather helped me increase my english.

Excellent  Keep up the good work!

Since I'm working at a primary school library, I am catching up on my junior novels and at the moment reading Dragon Rider by Corniella Funke. It is fantasy  

Back to Harry Potter, it seems I missed something where's the third movie, the prison of Azkaban?

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 6:40am

Goblet of fire(book/movie 4) got released yesteray,..but I dont like movies.

You know which ones is my favourite novel so far?It is Lord of the Rings,by JRR Tolkien, which again has a bit of magic innit.Awesome!

If u want Harry Potter 1 to 6 books u can PM me at [email protected], it is in Acrobat format(.pdf).

Regards,Dayem.

LOONWATCH.COM
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Dayem Dayem wrote:

Goblet of fire(book/movie 4) got released yesteray,..but I dont like movies.

I can't see number 4 yet, haven't watched no.3 yet nor have i read book 4.

I seemed to be wanting to read the books first then see the movies

I do find it very much inline with the book, you know how movies tend to go away and adapt things for the movie medium, I didn't find it with the HP movies, well at least with the first two

Quote You know which ones is my favourite novel so far?It is Lord of the Rings,by JRR Tolkien, which again has a bit of magic innit.Awesome!

All 3 or just read book one ?

I haven't read the books, watched the movies thou, awesome! 

And thanks for the offer but I think I will get the book/s :)

Edited by Angel
Amina16 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amina16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 7:08pm

Harry Potter is getting boring with Mr.Harry now grown up 'wizard'.I liked book no.1-4, but rest two arn't good.

I agree with what Amina said, it is a simple-fun-book and nothing more.It is better to read Harry Potter in your free time, rather than glare at T.V.

Harry Potter is one of those rare book which made me realise that books are not always boring.Encouraged after reading it, I tried my hands at Dickens and Jeffry Archer novels.It didnt had any negative effect on me(I hope)-rather helped me increase my english.

Regards,Dayem.

i agree with u about book 5 and 6 being boring now that Harry is Grown up. 

"Words have Power" ex: The Quran
Amina16 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amina16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 7:14pm
The books r so much better then the movies.  They take out lots of good parts from the movie. I watched the first 3 movies.  A couple of eids ago my mom bought the 3rd movie.  My little siblings just love it.  they went around yelling out spells from the movie. 
"Words have Power" ex: The Quran
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

All 4 dearie.THE HOBBIT is the first one, though tolkien wrote it only after he has written the first three.

Well, I did wtched The Lord Of The Rings trilogy, but it had lots of violence; I would not recomend it.

HP's 3rd movie was a bit diifferent from the exact story of the books.And comparing, it ws better than Hp1 and HP2.Daniel's(harry) hair was not soooooooooo wild innit.

Regards,Dayem.

LOONWATCH.COM
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 9:45pm

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

All 4 dearie.THE HOBBIT is the first one, though tolkien wrote it only after he has written the first three.

4?? :)

Quote Well, I did wtched The Lord Of The Rings trilogy, but it had lots of violence; I would not recomend it.

I watched, probably a bit much violence but I enjoyed them anyways :)

Quote HP's 3rd movie was a bit diifferent from the exact story of the books.And comparing, it ws better than Hp1 and HP2.Daniel's(harry) hair was not soooooooooo wild innit.

Regards,Dayem.

I have to wait and see, I am ready to see no.3 now

lol! if I followed the hype I would be up to date

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic